Callaway Optiforce Driver Preview

Thanks Hawk. Look forward to seeing what you think of this driver and how it compares to the X Hot and Xtreme that have had so much success this year!

These clubs look great. I like the concept, and they will fit a group that has needed something like this for a while.

Dan

Does anyone have info on the adapters??

A couple of interesting takeaways from that video...

They mentioned higher center of gravity for more trajectory. But I thought they said something opposite with the 3Deep - the higher center of gravity produced a lower trajectory for the 'non better player'. Hmmm.

I also find the timing of the release interesting. They've hardly given the XHot line much time before replacing it. This is good for me personally, as the XHot's prices will start going down.

They mentioned higher center of gravity for more trajectory. But I thought they said something opposite with the 3Deep - the higher center of gravity produced a lower trajectory for the 'non better player'. Hmmm.

I also find the timing of the release interesting. They've hardly given the XHot line much time before replacing it. This is good for me personally, as the XHot's prices will start going down.

This isn't replacing the xhot line by any means.

I dont believe this is a replacement for the X-Hot line.

Looks alot better then the Xhot line. I have to hit these when they come out!

I think that might have been a case of misspeaking, t4k.

Thanks Hawk. Good write up by the way, as always.

No problem at all!

This isn't replacing the xhot line by any means.

They said they are taking the XHot technology and marrying it with the RFE technology. I realize they aren't officially replacing that line but for the informed buyer they are effectively doing so - if this club has the best features of XHot plus other stuff why would you buy the XHot?

They said they are taking the XHot technology and marrying it with the RFE technology. I realize they aren't officially replacing that line but for the informed buyer they are effectively doing so - if this club has the best features of XHot plus other stuff why would you buy the XHot?

I think it comes off that way, but its not really the case in my opinion. Not now anyway. They have taken the features from the two driver lines and married them, but done so to create a driver for a missing segment in my opinion, not to replace a segment.

The Fairway Woods intrigue me the most. High launching 3 woods are absolutely money.

I thought it wasn't a replacement?

I think it comes off that way, but its not really the case in my opinion. Not now anyway. They have taken the features from the two driver lines and married them, but done so to create a driver for a missing segment in my opinion, not to replace a segment.

I understand. I was really thinking about the FW part of the equation, as I'm going to replace that club in my bag and have pretty much decided on going with Callaway.

My numbers with the RFE, Trinity were identical to those with my old F11, so I'll go try it on the LM and see if its an advancement for me.

Not to be negative Nancy here, but unscientifically it looks like the industry is having some sales issues this year with all of the rapid price drops and discounts 6 months into the new lines. Isn't a third driver line just going to cannabalize from the RFE and XHot lines? Or does Callaway feel they can gain marketshare from the competition with this Driver? Seems to me this Driver is going to destroy the RFE line.

Not to be negative Nancy here, but unscientifically it looks like the industry is having some sales issues this year with all of the rapid price drops and discounts 6 months into the new lines. Isn't a third driver line just going to cannabalize from the RFE and XHot lines? Or does Callaway feel they can gain marketshare from the competition with this Driver? Seems to me this Driver is going to destroy the RFE line.

I think Harry addressed this in his last radio show. If you have not listened, I definitely recommend doing so.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=19961

I am not in the market for one, but I thought the driver sounded very intriguing. Practical adjustability (3* only) and going light weight to increase club head speed. And the club looks very nice (side note: yet another nod to more traditional sleek/black design).

Among other things I am interested in seeing Hawk's review of the adjustment technology, which appears to be pretty different from most of what is out there on the market.

This driver looks and sounds intriguing. Can't wait to try this baby out.
Any word on shaft length yet?

Really looking forward to giving this driver a try, especially seeing the difference between the 440 and 460cc versions.

Interesting addition to the Callaway woods lineup. Adding some distance is always appealing so I'd probably give it some swings. Wish they had some color options though. For whatever reason, black crowns just don't suite my eye and have never owned a black crown driver.

Back