Callaway Optiforce Driver Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP Preview on the new Optiforce Driver (and FW) is up on the home page. Ryan H delivers all the goods of what you will expect to see out of the new Callaway lineup. Check it out here.

http://bit.ly/14I3nfM

That's a nice looking driver! Can't wait to hear more about it.

How come I hear the Imperial March when I look at it? Looks like Darth Vader's club. I like that.

I think that's the ugliest driver released in a long while.

Seems to be quite a focus on getting the ball in the air with this line. Wonder if either of the stock shafts promotes a lower ballflight than the other?

The Optiforce drivers look really nice. It's interesting that Callaway is offering 460cc and 440cc club heads. When I first read the description of this driver, I thought that it was a lighter club for those who need extra swing speed. But, I don't recall seeing a 440cc club head in this type of driver. It seems a little counter-intuitive, because the lower cc would likely produce a lower ball flight (which seems to compete with the idea of a lighter club head).

I'm interested in taking a few swings with these.

I like the idea of it, but from a marketing stand point, I'm still confused as to where this fits into the lineup where it's not a replacement.

• Admin
I can also say that these drivers will be at the IL Invitational this weekend and THPers in attendance will be some of the first consumers that get to try them out.

• Admin
I like the idea of it, but from a marketing stand point, I'm still confused as to where this fits into the lineup where it's not a replacement.

The driver appears to be geared towards those that want some assistance in gaining swing speed. I think you will find this driver to be perfect for those that have a slower swing speed (sub 95 lets say) and want to achieve maximum carry.

Last edited:

I'm with you here. It seems like Old Calllaway habits die hard, but since this is the first we are hearing of this club, I'm betting Harry & the ZooCrew have some good marketing up their sleeves to differentiate this club from the Callaway pack.

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

I'm Looking forward to a fully adjustable driver from Callaway. But more looking forward to the Optiforce FWs. Better numbers with improved upon Xhot technology.

I rather like the design the design of the 440 driver, it looks sleek with our looking flattened. I like that there are no weird tips or edges.

I am intrigued by this one for sure. Hoping to be able to at least see it in Branson, maybe swing it if there is a LH one making the trip!

The Optiforce drivers look really nice. It's interesting that Callaway is offering 460cc and 440cc club heads. When I first read the description of this driver, I thought that it was a lighter club for those who need extra swing speed. But, I don't recall seeing a 440cc club head in this type of driver. It seems a little counter-intuitive, because the lower cc would likely produce a lower ball flight (which seems to compete with the idea of a lighter club head).

I'm interested in taking a few swings with these.

My thought is its for the aging player. He was/is a low handicap, and still hits the ball well, but has lost the swing speed he had, and doesn't hit as far as he wants. He still like players clubs, but would like to gain SS through a lighter club, without giving up the precision and ball flight of a "players" driver.

This baby is beautiful... I love the way they have two different head sizes, similar to the 913/910 series. The black and white overtures really complete the picture here. This will definitely be on the demo list come next year!

The driver appears to be geared towards those that want some assistance in gaining swing speed. I think you will find this driver to be perfect for those that have a slower swing speed (sub 95 lets say) and want to achieve maximum carry.

That made more sense to me before I heard about the 440cc option and 62g mid-launching shaft.

Just almost seems like a blend between the X-Hot and X-treme, but not sure there is enough separation between lines. I hope I'm completely wrong, but until maybe hearing some THP'er feedback, I'm just a little lost here.

That made more sense to me before I heard about the 440cc option and 62g mid-launching shaft.

Just almost seems like a blend between the X-Hot and X-treme, but not sure there is enough separation between lines. I hope I'm completely wrong, but until maybe hearing some THP'er feedback, I'm just a little lost here.

Were you able to watch the video? And did you listen to the last THP Radio show done with Harry Arnett? In the show, he speaks of releasing innovation as it happens if there is truly innovation.

In my opinion, by adding a 2nd option, it becomes a fitting option. Not all slower swing speed players need high launch. Then by having a second smaller option, you open up the possibility of tour usage, which in turn sells clubs.

Sounds like this guy! Will definitely have to try it out

Interesting!

Looks OK, doesn't blow me away but it looks OK. The dual cog thing isn't exactly new technology, you can buy the adaptors on ebay and stick your own shaft into one if you wanted to.

Honestly I don't think there is much here that's going to drag me away from my Razr Fit Xtreme.

Intrigued by this for sure. I really think it makes sense for those looking for SS. I also like that they are offering two head shapes. The 440 is great for those wanting a lower flight but not give up the benefits of a lighter driver head.

I really think this will fit well into the line because its not geared toward one type of person. Anybody could benefit from the technology that's built in.

I am liking what I am seeing/hearing on this one. Has me quite curious, mostly as a fan of lightweight clubs and the benefits they can offer a golfer. I will definitely try to spend some time with this one.

I am liking what I am seeing/hearing on this one. Has me quite curious, mostly as a fan of lightweight clubs and the benefits they can offer a golfer. I will definitely try to spend some time with this one.

I figured with your love for the Cleveland Black you would be all over this one!

Looking forward to giving it some swings. Looks better in the video than it does the computer generated images.

I really like the sounds of the full adjustability out of these. Sign me up for a 440cc now please! Great sounding stock shaft options as well. I'm very impressed and can't wait to see some in hand THP pics!

Love the look of this driver actually

Will try it out. Not the direction I saw Callaway going, to be honest.

Back