Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE

CALLAWAY ANNOUNCES STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP WITH VIRTUAL REALITY GAMING COMPANY
ORLANDO, Fla., Jan. 22, 2020 – Callaway Golf (NYSE: ELY), an industry leader in distance- enhancing technologies in golf clubs and balls, today announced the introduction of a strategic partnership with VR gaming experts, AAA Games Studios.

AAA Games Studios is a Virtual Reality Software Developer who developed and own “Golf5 WIPPTM”, a proprietary VR technology that simulates the movement and behavior of golf clubs and the golfer’s swing.

“VR gaming is not just the future, it is the here and now” says Antonio Marin, President of AAA Game Studios. “We are delighted that an organization like Callaway, who are known for being pioneers in golf innovation, were interested in collaborating together.”

Chip Brewer, Callaway Golf President & CEO, commented, “With exciting ventures such as TopGolf, it is clear that there are multiple ways that we can attract and excite future generations to the great game of golf, and this strategic partnership provides the opportunity to innovate in a new and exciting space for the Callaway brand.”

AAA Game Studios will be present alongside Callaway at the PGA Show this week where PGA professionals and the golf industry will be able to try VR golf for themselves.

Excited to see what they come up with.. would so buy a VR golf game

Callaway is proving once again they are at the forefront of exploring what's possible in our game. This looks truly interesting.

Pretty cool. Will be interesting to see what adoption is

VR has come a looooong way, an application in golf makes total sense.

Looking forward to learning more.

Another partnership where Callaway is trying to grow the game. Very interested in this one

Hope we get some looks at this from the show today. VR seems to be really hard to sell though.

Cool. Looking forward to seeing more about this.

Very interesting, can't wait to see what comes of this

THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE

ORLANDO, Fla., Jan. 22, 2020 – Callaway Golf (NYSE: ELY), an industry leader in distance- enhancing technologies in golf clubs and balls, today announced the introduction of a strategic partnership with VR gaming experts, AAA Games Studios.

AAA Games Studios is a Virtual Reality Software Developer who developed and own “Golf5 WIPPTM”, a proprietary VR technology that simulates the movement and behavior of golf clubs and the golfer’s swing.

“VR gaming is not just the future, it is the here and now” says Antonio Marin, President of AAA Game Studios. “We are delighted that an organization like Callaway, who are known for being pioneers in golf innovation, were interested in collaborating together.”

Chip Brewer, Callaway Golf President & CEO, commented, “With exciting ventures such as TopGolf, it is clear that there are multiple ways that we can attract and excite future generations to the great game of golf, and this strategic partnership provides the opportunity to innovate in a new and exciting space for the Callaway brand.”

AAA Game Studios will be present alongside Callaway at the PGA Show this week where PGA professionals and the golf industry will be able to try VR golf for themselves.

I wondered who would be the first golf company to step into the VR world. Not from a "gaming" perspective, but I fee like so much can be done in this space with swing analysis, lessons and fittings. I am hoping @vgolfman gets to play in this space because I know he has some great ideas for the near future.

Cool. Sounds interesting

Interested to see what will come to fruition through this partnership.

Very intriguing partnership. Will def be interested to see how exactly this will be brought to market

THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE

Very intrigued by this. A lot of ways they could go

Certainly is intriguing. Can't wait to learn more about the collaboration.

The possibilities from this are "virtually" limitless! ? I will see myself out now!

Well this is pretty interesting!!

Callaway just continues to think ahead of the game on things like this. I love seeing partnerships like this that can hopefully continue growing the game.

This sounds very cool.

I'm very interested in seeing what they can develop together.

I like this ... Very forward thinking...

There could be many upsides to this, especially for guys in northern climates.

This is a super smart partnership, once again, Callaway makes a great move, can't wait to see what the partnership leads to.

Anything that helps me golf in the colder months, I'm all for!

Back