Callaway Pre-Owned New Site - Looking for Feedback

CGPO.com

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys - my name is Tom Barnett and I am the GM for Callaway Golf Pre-Owned.

We are very close to launching a new version of the site and would love to get some feedback from you all on the design. We know the community here is really educated on the golf front and many of you are probably customers as well (thank you!).

Cosmetically the site is quite different and we certainly hope in a positive direction.

Functionality wise the biggest change is the way the product grid is presented. We actually went back a little more to the style that it used to be which had the conditions as column headers. We think this makes it a little easier compare the pricing.

There is a feedback tab on the right hand of the site. You can click on that tab and/or post on this thread. Especially interested in feedback from people that are pretty familiar with the current site.

Some things to possibly give feedback on:

How familiar are with the old/current site?
Aesthetics
Functionality
Site Speed - the first page load is usually the slowest, should be a little faster after that
Technical issues - if you run into a technical issue please let us know what it was and your browser type if you know it (internet explorer, safari, chrome, firefox).

As this is my first post here I cannot post a link yet but if you go the current Callaway Golf Pre-Owned can you replace the 'www' with 'birdie' you will get to the new site. Maybe a poster could help me out and post in a response.

Thanks!

Old Site

N
ew Site

I like the overall appearance of the new site. The larger preview thumbnails are a big improvement, and saves user clicks/page loads.

Initial load time was high, but successive returns to the site were faster, which may be because of caching.

Looks nice. Sorting by loft and then by bounce in another field would be great for the wedge section. There's a lot of choices there and the dropdown is way long.

Site looks great.

Loads pretty quickly, loads smoothly across all my browers.

Tabs work well, navigation is easy.

Looks really great and is really functional.

The only thing that needs adjusting in my eyes is the golf balls section...

Accessories>Golf Balls>Too much text mashing together

Thanks SharkHat, JR and Canadan.

Vandelay - agreed on that point. Because of the way the data is set up on the back end it might be hard for us to break loft and bounce into separate fields but we could certainly break club into a separate dropdown which would help.

Tom- Welcome to THP!! I like the fact that you can now search for a certain club type (hybrid, wedge, etc.) in the 'other brands' section and see the offerings from all the different brands in one page.

Looks really great and is really functional.

The only thing that needs adjusting in my eyes is the golf balls section...

Accessories>Golf Balls>Too much text mashing together

That is certainly ugly. We will get that fixed.

I like the new site a lot more than the old. The last one was easier to navigate through, but the new one is even easier. I like that once you select a club you can just click on "view inventory" and see all that are available in each loft and each condition on one table. The new page just looks much more appealing to me too, I love the bigger pics on the home page rather than the smaller ones that were on the old, definitely just catches the eye better.

Tom- Welcome to THP!! I like the fact that you can now search for a certain club type (hybrid, wedge, etc.) in the 'other brands' section and see the offerings from all the different brands in one page.

Thanks. There is still some argument on the functionality of the other brands and clearance section so this is good feedback.

I like the new site a lot more than the old. The last one was easier to navigate through, but the new one is even easier. I like that once you select a club you can just click on "view inventory" and see all that are available in each loft and each condition on one table. The new page just looks much more appealing to me too, I love the bigger pics on the home page rather than the smaller ones that were on the old, definitely just catches the eye better.

Thank you Indiana Golfer. That is a mighty nice looking bag there. :act-up:

New site is much easier to navigate and the bigger pics are definitely a plus!

I like the new site! Bigger pics are great.

When I was still playing Callaway clubs I use to buy there from time to time and the one thing I always wished you listed somewhere is the original specs of the clubs being sold. I was always looking for a certain loft, lie and length and there was rarely anything listed. Took time to bob back and forth from the regular site hunting for classsic specs. Just a thought......

Responding with feedback as I explore the site.

When you look at inventory (http://birdie.callawaygolfpreowned....-razr-x-hybrid,default,pd.html#view=inventory) and choose a drop down box from Category Filter the list is hidden behind the default inventory display, only allowing the user to select the top (first) option from the list.

The product display which shows the price by condition category is an improvement. Much of the rest of the changes are aesthetically neutral or potentially slightly negative for my liking (you guys are now using a lot of real estate to announce the promotion on the initial landing page. This is fine, except it comes at the expense of allowing the user to see the featured products, displayed just a little below that).

By biggest complaint is that you still don't have the club I want in inventory :)

When I was still playing Callaway clubs I use to buy there from time to time and the one thing I always wished you listed somewhere is the original specs of the clubs being sold. I was always looking for a certain loft, lie and length and there was rarely anything listed. Took time to bob back and forth from the regular site hunting for classsic specs. Just a thought......

Thanks Hoosier. There is usually a 'tech spec' link on the page that will pop up this info although the link is not very prominent especially in the new design. We will take a look at this.

Tequila - thank you very much for the feedback. I am not see the dropdown issue that you are speaking of but it might be a browser issue. Do you by chance know what browser and version you are using?

The new site is much cleaner. I like how you have all of the selected clubs listed below for the user to choose. Much user friendly. I'll have to check this out once it launches.

I am on Mac Google Chrome and am not seeing this issue.
Tequila - thank you very much for the feedback. I am not see the dropdown issue that you are speaking of but it might be a browser issue. Do you by chance know what browser and version you are using?

Thanks Hoosier. There is usually a 'tech spec' link on the page that will pop up this info although the link is not very prominent especially in the new design. We will take a look at this.

Yep, I see the tech spec link now. Great if you have this on every offering. Page looks pretty good.

Welcome to THP and thanks for wanting our feedback. As a lefty, I appreciated how prominent the Left Handed section was in the older website. Now I had to search quite a bit before I saw it on the bottom with tiny lettering....I hope that you can add the Left Hand section at the top more prominently (perhaps next to Women's, Accessories and Clearance).

Other than this, the website looks great and works well with Google Chrome. Easier to navigate for everything except that one issue.

I like it, has a much more "clean" look and feel to it compared to the old one. Also as previously mentioned, the bigger pics are a huge improvement!

Much nicer...

Back