Callaway RAZR Hawk & Diablo Octane Drivers

I need to find me a 10.5* head to start working with a I guess. This could get expensive. HAHA

Just wait, hit One-T's at the get together and see what you think.

Just wait, hit One-T's at the get together and see what you think.

Yeah. The Project X should be similar to the Fubuki to know if it works or not.

Yeah. The Project X should be similar to the Fubuki to know if it works or not.

It will be close enough. I think the Fubuki launches a little lower, at least for me.

I just wanted to make a quick post to say that I am absolutely KILLING my Razr Hawk right now. I have been working really hard on getting my weight transferred better during the swing and it is working so well right now. I shot a 38 yesterday on a quick 9 after work, drove the ball beautifully and setup an eagle try (made birdie) on our par 5 16th hole. Today I played 27 holes with my dad and had 2 eagle tries (birdied both) and ended up shooting a 76 (par 71) and a 36 (par 35) on the front 9 replay. Hitting driver is so much fun right now. I've been able to get my ball flight down to where I like it and I'm hitting the ball as straight as I ever have (queue Jake Straight jokes here). Razr Hawk....best driver I've hit ever and believe me...I've hit them ALL!

Man, good stuff Jake! I'm glad you love the driver. Seems to be a reoccurring thing doesn't it?

I need to ponder the Octane some more.

Man, good stuff Jake! I'm glad you love the driver. Seems to be a reoccurring thing doesn't it?
Sure does man, I am in complete love with the Razr Hawk 3 wood as well but that's for another thread.

Come on, ponder Razar with me.

The Capt tells me I need to ponder the Octane as well. I figure that just means twice the fun. Whatever I'm pondering, I'm pondering with a Fubuki

I just wanted to make a quick post to say that I am absolutely KILLING my Razr Hawk right now. I have been working really hard on getting my weight transferred better during the swing and it is working so well right now. I shot a 38 yesterday on a quick 9 after work, drove the ball beautifully and setup an eagle try (made birdie) on our par 5 16th hole. Today I played 27 holes with my dad and had 2 eagle tries (birdied both) and ended up shooting a 76 (par 71) and a 36 (par 35) on the front 9 replay. Hitting driver is so much fun right now. I've been able to get my ball flight down to where I like it and I'm hitting the ball as straight as I ever have (queue Jake Straight jokes here). Razr Hawk....best driver I've hit ever and believe me...I've hit them ALL!

Puttin4wins is on fire!! Great stuff Jake!:golf3:

I need to ponder the Octane some more.

Yes, come chunky, ponder away. I like it and I'll be able to tell you how badass it is with a Radix in it in about 72 hours or so.

I will ponder the Razr with ya, wont buy but it never hurts to ponder lol

We can ponder like Hawk! Just ponder for now and then move on to something else to ponder.

We can ponder like Hawk! Just ponder for now and then move on to something else to ponder.
Im not gonna lie the toe forgiveness JB speaks of does peak my interest.

Peaks mine also. I notice on my driver I've got quite a few toe hits

Peaks mine also. I notice on my driver I've got quite a few toe hits

yup thats my miss as well, I still see good distance and dispersion but im sure it could be better

One weird thing from the fitting today. I kept hitting it on the heel. I have never really done that before. I guess I was just standing to close to the ball. Once I started lining up with the ball in the toe of the club, I was hitting it better.

Good promos. I think I may get a new driver next spring and this one's peaked my interest. Unless of course Callaway comes out with another line. Anyways, back on topic- how is the weighting on this driver? I saw stuff about the toe forgiveness which is very good for me, but what is the weighting like? Thanka a lot guys!

JB doesn't lie about the toe forgiveness. I miss on the toe a bit and it's still goes a good distance. I'd say the Hawk is a lighter driver but by no means anything ultralight. I remember reading that they made the head lighter and therefor the shaft a bit longer which is 46" stock.

JB doesn't lie about the toe forgiveness. I miss on the toe a bit and it's still goes a good distance. I'd say the Hawk is a lighter driver but by no means anything ultralight. I remember reading that they made the head lighter and therefor the shaft a bit longer which is 46" stock.

I would def order/buy one at 45" if i ever purchased one, I cant hit 46" worth crap for some reason. Do you like that Radix in it?

One weird thing from the fitting today. I kept hitting it on the heel. I have never really done that before. I guess I was just standing to close to the ball. Once I started lining up with the ball in the toe of the club, I was hitting it better.

I setup with the ball in the toe on all my clubs! I'm thinking I'm steeper on the backswing and flatten out a bit on the downswing.

I would def order/buy one at 45" if i ever purchased one, I cant hit 46" worth crap for some reason. Do you like that Radix in it?

I love it. The feel is great, launch is good and so is distance. And it looks great too. I agree with you, 46" doesnt work for me either so Ive had all my drivers cut to 45" lately.

I will be picking mine up today...re shafted....booom. I will get some pics sometime

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

I will be picking mine up today...re shafted....booom. I will get some pics sometime

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

Its going to be a whole new driver for you. The level of realness just got raised.

I love it. The feel is great, launch is good and so is distance. And it looks great too. I agree with you, 46" doesnt work for me either so Ive had all my drivers cut to 45" lately.

That Radix is one of the best looking shafts I have seen, the Blue just looks so good. I know my course has some Octanes left but if they have a Razr Hawk im going to hit it this morning

Back