Callaway RAZR Hawk & Diablo Octane Drivers

That Radix is one of the best looking shafts I have seen, the Blue just looks so good. I know my course has some Octanes left but if they have a Razr Hawk im going to hit it this morning

At the MC everyone loved the blue color and it actually looks quite good on the RH head. Great match. Hopefully they have one and if so let us know how it goes. Dont forget to tee it a little lower too. Its not a deep faced driver so if you tee it too high you'll most likely leave a dummy mark haha

Last edited:
JB doesn't lie about the toe forgiveness. I miss on the toe a bit and it's still goes a good distance. I'd say the Hawk is a lighter driver but by no means anything ultralight. I remember reading that they made the head lighter and therefor the shaft a bit longer which is 46" stock.

At the MC everyone loved the blue color and it actually looks quite good on the RH head. Great match. Hopefully they have one and if so let us know how it goes. Dont forget to tee it a little lower too. Its not a deep faced driver so if you tee it hight you'll most likely leave a dummy mark haha

I love the toe forgiveness on this club. I have benefited from it a lot as that is my miss. I still have mine at 46" and haven't really had any issues controlling the ball at all. I'm much more accurate with this driver than I was with my previous one.

I thought the radix looked badass in this driver. The blue shaft just was a great combo. Def tee it a little lower.

Just back from picking up my new Diablo Octane Tour Driver from Golfsmith. Had them install a midsize GP Tour Velvet grip while I was there. At checkout, the cashier entered an additional discount code, which she said was the "Friends and Family" discount. Got an additional 15% off, so the driver was only $144.49! Easily one of the best deals I have ever gotten on anything!

Hoping to play 9 holes later with my son, so I'll be back with on course results.

I just ordered a Diablo Octane Tour driver from Golfsmith.

The Labor Day 15% off sale at Golfsmith continues through 9/11. Use promo code EPS135FIF at checkout.

Callaway Diablo Octane woods are not excluded, so the drivers are $169.99 and the fairways woods are $127.49.

At the MC everyone loved the blue color and it actually looks quite good on the RH head. Great match. Hopefully they have one and if so let us know how it goes. Dont forget to tee it a little lower too. Its not a deep faced driver so if you tee it too high you'll most likely leave a dummy mark haha

They didnt have any, all the had left was a Octane in 9* and REG flex. Was looking forward to getting one on the range too.

Thanks for all the feedback guys! You guys rule!

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Went out this afternoon and played 12 holes with my son. First time out with my new Diablo Octane Tour 9.5 with the stock Project X Tour Stiff 6.0 shaft. Didn't get a chance to hit balls first, just went straight to the first tee. Hit 8 of 9 fairways, and the one miss was in the first cut of rough, no more than 1 yard off the fairway. I could get used to that!

After going to the demo day last Friday. I really want to put a Hawk up against my R11 in a head to head. I am really pondering picking one up to see if it trumps the R11 out of the bag. I have been hitting the R11 great on my front nines, but struggle with it on the back nines. I think it is because I get a little tired and try to start to place the ball with my driver. I think I just need a little more forgiveness in my driver and I hope the Hawk can provide that.

I struggled with this driver a little bit this weekend again. When I am hitting it well, I hit it as good as anything out there. However my miss on the driver has always been high on the club face and this being a little more shallow than I am used to, just kills me. Im back in ponder mode I think.

I struggled with this driver a little bit this weekend again. When I am hitting it well, I hit it as good as anything out there. However my miss on the driver has always been high on the club face and this being a little more shallow than I am used to, just kills me. Im back in ponder mode I think.

man, this is my problem as well. I hit it great yesterday, but I am teeing it low as hell

man, this is my problem as well. I hit it great yesterday, but I am teeing it low as hell

I am also finding that when I am hitting the ball well, it is simply one of the best I have ever hit, but 1-2 holes around, I am getting penalized for a miss and I am just not okay with that right now. For those that like a shallower depth, this is one heck of an amazing driver. For me, I am struggling with it a little bit and when I tee it lower, I even brought a drop kick into play once.

I found myself hitting my 3 wood off the tee quite a bit more this weekend because of this.

I am also finding that when I am hitting the ball well, it is simply one of the best I have ever hit, but 1-2 holes around, I am getting penalized for a miss and I am just not okay with that right now. For those that like a shallower depth, this is one heck of an amazing driver. For me, I am struggling with it a little bit and when I tee it lower, I even brought a drop kick into play once.

I found myself hitting my 3 wood off the tee quite a bit more this weekend because of this.

Thank stinks that you are back in ponder mode(potentially). Luckily I have had any dropkick shots with this yet. I hit it well again this past weekend. I was never one for teeing the ball up real high anyway so the shallow face works for me.

yeah, yesterday I didnt hi tone high on the face and my dispersion was pretty dang good. on 17 I hit 2 off the tee, one was right where I aimed in the middle of the fwy, the 2nd was about 5 yards past it. Hell of it is that I hit the 2nd one out on the toe a bit. Thats what I am loving about this club....forgiveness!

What's the miss like when you are high on the face? Moonball (aka Hawkball)?

What's the miss like when you are high on the face? Moonball (aka Hawkball)?

thats what I see when I hit it high

High and short.

Yikes. That's my stock shot. I can see why you don't like it. It's mentally hard for me to tee the ball really low. I don't know why, but it messes with my head.

Maybe it's a swing thing. Isn't the Zstar a shallower faced driver?

Maybe it's a swing thing. Isn't the Zstar a shallower faced driver?

it's always the club dude, don't you know that?
I would blame it on Yoccos. But that's just me

Why not give the Octane another try? I think I remember you said you got similar numbers and results with it, and that it was more forgiving of high on the face hits.

Why not give the Octane another try? I think I remember you said you got similar numbers and results with it, and that it was more forgiving of high on the face hits.

Both are shallow and because of that, the "miss" will be there. The Octane Tour has more depth, but I dont find that one to be as forgiving across the board and suit my game as much as other drivers out there.

interesting. Ive been struggling with the high and short right lately. Not sure what it is but Id bet its my swing. I hit 3W on almost every hole this past Saturday.

Another video I randomly shot a week ago. Love the sound of this thing.

Agree on the sound part of it. Think it is one of the best sounding I have hit.

Back