Callaway RAZR Hawk & Diablo Octane Drivers

Was able to get 9 holes in tonight. I have never felt so comfortable on the tee box as I do with this driver. I hit my first 3 fairways, missed by 4th by pulling it, then hit the next 2 after that. Overall I was 5/7 which I will take every time for 9 holes. Not only was I hitting fairways but I was still getting nice distance for me. The 46 inch shaft doesn't bother me 1 bit anymore, either does the shallower face. I just tee it up slightly lower and then take a smooth swing and the ball just seems to rocket off of this club. I don't know why, but I am tempted to throw my Kusala Black shaft in to this driver and see if there is more in it for me, however I'm not sure if I want to mess up a good thing.

good stuff ddec! I know what you mean by wanting to squeeze just a bit more out of it but messing with a good thing is always tough to do. good luck man!

Was able to get 9 holes in tonight. I have never felt so comfortable on the tee box as I do with this driver. I hit my first 3 fairways, missed by 4th by pulling it, then hit the next 2 after that. Overall I was 5/7 which I will take every time for 9 holes. Not only was I hitting fairways but I was still getting nice distance for me. The 46 inch shaft doesn't bother me 1 bit anymore, either does the shallower face. I just tee it up slightly lower and then take a smooth swing and the ball just seems to rocket off of this club. I don't know why, but I am tempted to throw my Kusala Black shaft in to this driver and see if there is more in it for me, however I'm not sure if I want to mess up a good thing.

I got in 6 holes last night.. The Razr Hawk Tour was again in my bag. For 15 handicap this driver sure makes me look good at times. Although I will say this, I've lost quite a bit of distance again and I'm trying ot figure out why. I have some impact tape and Ill see. I changed balls because I keep forgetting my iz's so who knows!

I missed 3/4 fairways. As far as consistancy I'm having a hard time finding it. Not the club but it just kind of illustrates some concerns I had about going to a tour head. Still more forgiving than my R11 and 310 but I lose a bit of control and distance on mishits. I was playable on 2/4 drives. I didnt lose strokes but I had two very tough shots. I hit one well and flubbed another. I dont have a more forgiving driver to compare to so I dont know. I dont know if I'd even want too. The numbers I saw at my Callaway fitting were pretty much ideal.

I gps'd drives of 257 (power fade (just off the fairway but under a tree), 240 (low snap hook, still really good distance wise), 262 (Just missed left, nice draw which is complete opposite of my stock fade) and 259 (stock fade).

I have some impact tape and Ill be doing some more work this week! I'm still loving the driver and its in no danger of being left behind. You take the good and not so good :)

I made it out to the course yesterday with member TC. I had a solid day with the Hawk. I think I was some where around 70% FIR with the Hawk. It is just a solid driver and I like the OEM shaft. I think it is a solid shaft too. Keep in mind I do have the tour version. This driver just builds confidence and know I am going to be in the middle of the fairway when I pull it out. I just need to work on the wedge game to complement the driving game.

I made it out to the course yesterday with member TC. I had a solid day with the Hawk. I think I was some where around 70% FIR with the Hawk. It is just a solid driver and I like the OEM shaft. I think it is a solid shaft too. Keep in mind I do have the tour version. This driver just builds confidence and know I am going to be in the middle of the fairway when I pull it out. I just need to work on the wedge game to complement the driving game.

You sure do hit it well man. I can't think of one thing you'd want different out of a driver that the Razr Hawk provides you! Long, straight and predictable! Solid display of driving you put on yesterday!

You sure do hit it well man. I can't think of one thing you'd want different out of a driver that the Razr Hawk provides you! Long, straight and predictable! Solid display of driving you put on yesterday!

Maybe I should putt with it. Haha

I still can't get over how good the Razr Hawk is. I was crushing it yesterday and it would have been a great day if my swing wasn't off. I had a case of the slices yesterday with my driver swing. Hit 50% of the fairways I pulled it out for.

Dear god does Jrod hit this thing far. I always thought the SuperTri was the best sounding driver ever, but I may have changed my mind. Just a nice sweet sound.

This has been a game changer for me this fall. Playing from the short stuff is alot easier than the trees. It has dropped my HC 2 points alone.

This has been a game changer for me this fall. Playing from the short stuff is alot easier than the trees. It has dropped my HC 2 points alone.

I feel the same way Jrod. I am all over the fairways with this driver.

Tapatalkin

nice bro, wich I could say the same thing. This driver hates me

Dear god does Jrod hit this thing far. I always thought the SuperTri was the best sounding driver ever, but I may have changed my mind. Just a nice sweet sound.

I like the sound of this much more than the supertri

damn that's scary. Glad to hear its all coming back for you now.

nice bro, wich I could say the same thing. This driver hates me

I thought things were better since you reshafted?

I took a little impact tape to this one a week ago. I'm hitting towards the heel. Haha, still its getting better again!

IMG-20110926-00052.jpg

nope, the balloon comes out.

Strange, I'm sure the shaft I have has something to do with it but this head has lowered my spin rate by about 500 RPM compared to the Nike VR Tour with a PX in it.

Picked up a Diablo 9.5 today with a stiff flex shaft for $100 (had a $100 gift certificate at Sports Authority). All I have to say is wow! Took it to the range, and compared to my Nike, this thing is a rocket launcher. Had a low trajectory and half the time I couldn't even follow the ball it took off so quick. Don't know what my total distance was, but it was flying well past the 200 yard mark and certainly going further than my Nike, I'd guess with non-range balls it would be in the 280+ range with roll. Have hit the R11 quite a bit (when my Nike head flew off on a golf trip), and this driver certainly seemed much hotter than the R11. Really looking forward to hitting this thing with the gamer balls in temperatures warmer than 45!

Back