Callaway RAZR Hawk & Diablo Octane Drivers

I'm hoping to give it a swing this very evening at the range. With a bit of luck, might even get it on the Trackman against my current driver. I am tempted!

agreed. My miss is out near the toe and I still produce some great shots with it.

Same here ddec. Ive been very impressed with the forgiveness out off the toe area, which seems to be where I miss a lot. I think you'll be impressed paulo. If not I blame it on the beer.

Wanted to give a brief update.... Well ok long winded. I was going to yesterday but those guys are just so d@mn impressive with their numbers lol. I usually GPS my drives but I did

Date Tested: 9/5
Goals for Testing: How playable were my drives (not only Fairways hit but if not, was it still in a position to hit the green)
Background: I have good and bad days with my driver. When I'm on, I do hit it fairly long. When i'm off, its a fade and the open face hasn't really killed me like I thought it might.

Hole #1: I was hitting a nice straight ball on the range.. off the first tee I pull it just a little but hit a decent shot, more towards the toe. Just off the fairway but 2-3 yards. I'm not sure 100% sure about distance but I wasn't as long as I hoped. Its a 482 yard par 5, straight shot to the hole and I was 220 or so out. ended up with a par.

Hole #2: 407 yard par 4. I hit on the toe again and I had about 150 left. In the fairway but I had put a little slice on it. Still happy with my results so far. 2/2 on playable balls.

Hole #3: No Driver

Hole #4 338 yard par 4 I miss on this one pretty bad. way on the toe and Im in the waste. Good part it wasnt that far off the fairway but man, I lost a ton of distance. I had just over 140 left according to my gps. Lets just say I didnt crack 200. haha. I still made bogey! 2/3 playable.

Hole #5: 3w off the tee... dumb!

Hole #6: 354 yard par 4 that runs opposite of this hole. I set up for a fade... stupid. I nail my drive, long and straight. Into the wind so I swung easy. A bunker sitting 250 out and guess who finds it! Yup on the fly, awesome. It still found the grass in between bunker. I hope you all know what I'm talking about. 3/4 playable. It was awkward but I ended up with a par and my second GIR on the front 9.

Hole #7: 324 yard par 4.... I just missed right with this one, again not great contact. Hit my 3rd GIR with my second shot. 4/5 playable. I had about 80 or so left in.

Hole #8 no driver

Hole #9: 468 Yard par 5. I hit a real good drive. but it starts going right and I'm in the rough behind some trees. Not bad though. I still missed it some and I have 215 left to the hole. Not a big drive but I wish I couldve kept it straight! Anyway, 5/6 playable. Ill save my second shot for the right thread, lets just say... I hit a nice fade that I planned and ended up with a birdie.

Little break.. on #4 my Pops had noticed a few things with my driver swing. one my alignment and two, I was getting real quick with the hands. Throughout the front 9 I was starting to get it. But man, I came alive on the back! Started making real good contact and hit 5/7 fairways. Nice, long straight shots.I missed a couple right but thats ok. Again, I started to focus less on distance measuring. when i say I have such and such left, I know its not meaing I hit it that far. I couldve hit it further or less. At this point, I just know I hit it pretty far and pretty straight. I'm starting to see that maybe its not as forgiving distance wise as I thought but I still seeing a ton of forgiveness in how much more playable I am. Onto the rest!

Hole #10: 413 yard par 4, kinda nice because its fairly straight. Bunkers are present and there is a little bit of downhill action. Hit my best drive of the day so far, and I'm left with just 115 to the hole. 6/7 playable.

Hole #11: 345 yard par 4. I miss pretty far right. Another one I pop up. in junk and not a great shot if at all to the green. Still bogey'd though. 6/8 playable

Hole #12 386 yard par 4. Great drive! Slow it down and I have a wedge in. I love the ballflight of the Razr Hawk and the Attas T2. Boring and long. 7/9 playable!

Hole #13: no driver par 3

Hole #14: Meh contact, fade comes back into play but I still hit the fairway. Bad approach shot. 8/10 playable.

Hole #15: no driver par 3

Hole #16: 389 yard par 4. I thought I hit this one well! Wind ate it up pretty bad but I still hit the fairway. 9/11 playable. About 160 eft to the hole. Yikes!

Hole #17: 523 yard par 5.... Another straight shot down the gut! 10/12 playable and I had about 240 left to the hole. Guarded by bunkers... I hit my 3w and it lands pin high. The ball was on a little upslope and I just caught it. Fun stuff haha.

Hole #18: The magic had to end! haha, really I hit a nice drive the wind just cuaght it. 375 yard par 4, left with an AW in. I was just right of the fairway but a tough shot in. I don't have a 100 yard club and thats what I needed. I was a little above the hole too so that was tough for me. Anyway still playable but not easy! 11/13

All in all, very successful day with my driver. 11/13 times I pulled it out, I was having a realistic shot at the green. I hope that makes sense! I also talk a little more about the less than perfect drives becuase I dont always hit them perfect. I might have rounds when i just murder my drives and I might have rounds round I'm off the toe more and just fading my shots in. I was a bit scared because I have been using my hosel as a sweet spot and didnt want to break this club. All ended well :)

Fify'd for ya!

Same here ddec. Ive been very impressed with the forgiveness out off the toe area, which seems to be where I miss a lot. I think you'll be impressed paulo. If not I blame it on the lack of beer.

That was good idea, Yoccos. I'm not always concerned with fairways as much as if I can get a shot at the green.

That was good idea, Yoccos. I'm not always concerned with fairways as much as if I can get a shot at the green.

Thanks Hawk. I noticed I started to get really down on myself for not hitting FIRs. When I realized, why get upset if I'm in the rough, as long as I have a shot into the green? Who cares in reality? Phil doesnt!!!!!

Thanks Hawk. I noticed I started to get really down on myself for not hitting FIRs. When I realized, why get upset if I'm in the rough, as long as I have a shot into the green? Who cares in reality? Phil doesnt!!!!!

Hell, I hit a couple great drives the other day that just got bad bounces. I was still in decent spots. As long as I can hit the ball clean and it doesn't Jake Straight I'm happy.

Hell, I hit a couple great drives the other day that just got bad bounces. I was still in decent spots. As long as I can hit the ball clean and it doesn't Jake Straight I'm happy.

Lol. Yup. Even if I'm hitting Jake straight.. as long as its consistant I'm good!

That's a good point. My FIL is very Jake Straight and I kept telling him it was not that bad of a thing. Just aim left dude!

That's a good point. My FIL is very Jake Straight and I kept telling him it was not that bad of a thing. Just aim left dude!

Yes!!! Sometimes Ill just forget about playing straight off the tee. Thats why I love this club is so consistant.

I may just start having Jrod drive the ball for me with his RAZR Hawk and I'll play from there.

I may just start having Jrod drive the ball for me with his RAZR Hawk and I'll play from there.

I would sign up for that. Heck he can hit 3 wood and I'll be happy.

I love the wit DDec displays but he keeps bumping my review back. He follows all my posts like a little puppy hahahahahaha.

DDec you dont need anyone hitting your driver for you.

I love the wit DDec displays but he keeps bumping my review back. He follows all my posts like a little puppy hahahahahaha.

DDec you dont need anyone hitting your driver for you.

I stalk you more than I do hawk.

I like my Razr Hawk so much even when my swing has gone all flawed on me I'm not pondering a new driver. Love the Hawk and I know it works for me.

Tapatalk: even Romosexuals use it

I stalk you more than I do hawk.

I like my Razr Hawk so much even when my swing has gone all flawed on me I'm not pondering a new driver. Love the Hawk and I know it works for me.

Tapatalk: even Romosexuals use it

I love the way you both hit the Hawk!

This just gets me more excited for my Hawk to arrive!!!

I hit both the RH and the Octane Black Tour at the range last night.

Thoughts -

RH - I hit this with a 10.5 loft and the stock Aldila RIP in stiff. The shaft does not feel like a stiff flex at all. It feels more like a regular, as I could almost feel it whip around me. This ruined the driver for me. Wasn't getting it up in the air with this shaft at all. The weighting felt a little weird compared to my R9 460 too, almost like it was heavier near the hosel for some reason.

Octane Black Tour - slightly smaller head, with the Project X 7c7 shaft in stiff. Shaft felt a little sturdier in this one, but again I just wasn't launching it up at all. Consistency wasn't there in the slightest, so it wasn't for me.

Sounds like it was a shaft issue and not a driver issue paulo.

I will be re shafting my Hawk in the next couple of days, I am going with a PX 6.0

I will be re shafting my Hawk in the next couple of days, I am going with a PX 6.0

Nice! I think that will help a ton. Bring some $$$, cause it's not going to be cheap.

Back