Callaway Releases Big Bertha B21 Driver

I am most curious about the shaft selection at this point. The b21 head is legit and sound in every aspect, but I want to know if you must go with their RCH paired shaft to really get the "total package promised". Hope that makes sense. I love my Ventus Blue in the b21 but I am wondering if the RCH would be the bees knees.

I am most curious about the shaft selection at this point. The b21 head is legit and sound in every aspect, but I want to know if you must go with their RCH paired shaft to really get the "total package promised". Hope that makes sense. I love my Ventus Blue in the b21 but I am wondering if the RCH would be the bees knees.
After I get another data set tomorrow with the RCH, im going to start really tinkering. I’m curious as well.

For now, the 9.0 remains set to -1 and 45 yard peaks are becoming normal for me :ROFLMAO:

I should have stayed out of this thread, it may be time to sell the M4...

sorry for the skim, but anybody on the lower side of spin try this thing and have success? the positive feedback is tough to ignore.

sorry for the skim, but anybody on the lower side of spin try this thing and have success? the positive feedback is tough to ignore.
What do you call lower? I usually live in the 2100-2400 range with my gamers.

CDC5F5E0-08DF-4C70-98F1-7FD0210D2B20.jpeg

Face be DEEP, boys and girls.

What do you call lower? I usually live in the 2100-2400 range with my gamers.

This driver is pretty low spin.. When I hit it, I saw numbers I would expect to see. I have been pretty amazed at what this driver can do for the right golfer.

You guys aren't making not buying blind easy.

Your statement is so true. The praise that is being heaped upon this driver from many people is making it extremely tempting. But, then again, that's also one of the perils of being on a golf forum where new equipment is reviewed and discussed on a daily basis.

And I'll admit I'm seriously pondering this one.

Your statement is so true. The praise that is being heaped upon this driver from many people is making it extremely tempting. But, then again, that's also one of the perils of being on a golf forum where new equipment is reviewed and discussed on a daily basis.

And I'll admit I'm seriously pondering this one.
I mean it, if Callaway did some kind of trade bonus, I'd fall for it hook, line and sinker.

I have had a great year with a TS3 fitted into a Peoject X Evenflow White this year. It's also an inch short. I ordered a new Project X Evenflow White shaft cut down an inch for this driver. I also got a scre to add 6 grams to the head for the shorter shaft. That will be my next trick LOL!

high teens low 2s
Knuckleballs then, eh ;)

If you’re seeing that with the Max, I don’t know that this is the driver for you. This is without any doubt lower spin than the Max.

Knuckleballs then, eh ;)

If you’re seeing that with the Max, I don’t know that this is the driver for you. This is without any doubt lower spin than the Max.

honestly i'm not entirely sure what numbers i'm getting out of the max. i just know on my better strikes with previous drivers spin seems to be in the low 2s. granted i've been working on my swing, and i think the work is adding a little more spin all around which is not a bad thing.

Question for the testers: Are you leaving it at Standard setting for the most part (as opposed to Draw setting)? Or since it is Draw biased does the Standard setting suffice? Thanks.

honestly i'm not entirely sure what numbers i'm getting out of the max. i just know on my better strikes with previous drivers spin seems to be in the low 2s. granted i've been working on my swing, and i think the work is adding a little more spin all around which is not a bad thing.
Low 2s, that's cute.

Signed,
Spinny McBalloonSpin

Question for the testers: Are you leaving it at Standard setting for the most part (as opposed to Draw setting)? Or since it is Draw biased does the Standard setting suffice? Thanks.
I left it in the stock position...3 went left, 2 straight down the middle.

Im struggling with ball flight really bad. I tried a even flow 5.5 65g shaft in this afternoon hoping for some higher flight and got none. Its a 9* and I have it set at 10. Seem like everything I hit with it is either a worm burner or line drive with lots forward spin. I almost to the point of sticking a senior flex in it to see what happens. Anybody else having ball flight issues with it?

Im struggling with ball flight really bad. I tried a even flow 5.5 65g shaft in this afternoon hoping for some higher flight and got none. Its a 9* and I have it set at 10. Seem like everything I hit with it is either a worm burner or line drive with lots forward spin. I almost to the point of sticking a senior flex in it to see what happens. Anybody else having ball flight issues with it?

are you a lower spin player?

are you a lower spin player?

Not sure how to answer, Ive never hit my driver on a simulator. I dont know where my spin numbers come in. I tend to slice so would that mean no?

I was getting pretty jazzed about this club but after reading the interaction with McLovin I’m second guessing things. I’m a low spin guy - 1800 to 2100 depending on the driver and shaft combo. My gamer is a PXG 0811XF right now with Bassara 42 and that thing is the ultimate fairway finder but not the longest driver I’ve played. Back up is a Sim Max with the same shaft that is about 8 yards longer but 11% less FIR’s. I actually look for shafts that raise up my spin to help keep the ball in the air. SS is unfortunately low and due to circumstances outside of my control that is what it is but per every fitter says I’m maximizing my smash factor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The fitter had me in a 10.5 set +2 in the D setting. Perfect flight with a nice draw using range balls. When I did the 18 hole demo with my gamer ball, the flight was straight but too high. But, those first two drives still went 250. Dropped the setting down to +1 and the flight was perfect after that. Three of the easiest swing I took during that round went 275, 274, and 272 down the middle. I haven't seen that distance in about 5 years. Hit two towards the heel, and they were 265 and 262. They started left and came back to the middle. Just amazed with the performance, sound, and look of this driver. That was last Friday, and I still don't have it yet. The wait for it to arrive is killing me.

I think this would depend on how bad you slice it. My thoughts are if you aim down the left side currently and still lose some off to the right this driver will help those stay in play and bring your good ones closer to that line you aimed on the left side. In that case you may still want to use the draw setting for a little more help straitening out the spin axis. The miss above is me exactly so I am seeing the ball land in the middle more often. Even had a couple of bullets down the left side yesterday so I might change my aim to left 1/3 of the fairway instead of left edge of the fairway.

Back