Callaway Releases Big Bertha B21 Driver

It’s a unique beast, and I truly mean that, there’s not been another driver like this from any OEM. Shape wise, it’s less Mavrik and more Mavrik Max. Distance will be based on fit, if you tend to miss right, then with the lower spin of this combined with its draw bias, you’d likely see a distance gain as you’re not peeling it off as much.
Staaaaaahhhhhhp.

I concur with Jman , I’ve played Callaway since 1995 and have had a number of drivers by them. The one I feel reminds me most of the B 21 is my old Fusion that I hit nearly as well. In fact my 3-7 FW woods are still my Fusions.
The B 21 while being similar in shape to the Fusion is a bit different in terms of performance. It has tamed my fade considerably but I have yet to dial in the “perfect” swing on a consistent basis to get maximum result.
Don’t forget, the Fusion was nowhere near the lower spin of this one either (y)

Staaaaaahhhhhhp.
It’s a lot of fun. I don’t know if ill be able to ever truly “fit” the way I can other drivers, but the segment who should give this a go is LARGE.

It’s a lot of fun. I don’t know if ill be able to ever truly “fit” the way I can other drivers, but the segment who should give this a go is LARGE.
You got 9* head or 10.5?

Is a new driver, that costs 1/2 large, going to really save any strokes?

Is a new driver, that costs 1/2 large, going to really save any strokes?
Could it? Absolfreakinglutely.

Will it for everyone? Of course not.

Is it a pretty stellar driver? Imo, yes, and I’ve been pretty critical of Callaway in recent years.

I presume that you have one and really like it?

I haven't read through the entire thread, but, how would the sound and feel be described?
They would be described as amazing. When you flush one it sounds and feels like you obliterated the ball into dust.

He wrote the review in the first post for the homepage and is testing for the thread.

I’m part of the forum review here on THP with other forum members who were selected. My feedback is throughout the thread including a big one with data included.

I do like it. Is it the vest fit for me? Probably not, but it’s a damn solid driver of which there is literally nothing else on the market like it.

Nice write-up on the driver in your beginning post, it must have taken a lot of work. I game the Callaway xr16 driver from about 5 years ago and hit it okay. My biggest issue isn't distance, although my drives average about only 230 yards, it's more with dispersion. When I demoed this driver a few years back, it was a driver with the least amount of dispersion of the many drivers I tested. If I ever buy a driver again, and I have been considering it lately, it's going to have to be something that helps keep me in play, over more length.(y)

Nice write-up on the driver in your beginning post, it must have taken a lot of work. I game the Callaway xr16 driver from about 5 years ago and hit it okay. My biggest issue isn't distance, although my drives average about only 230 yards, it's more with dispersion. When I demoed this driver a few years back, it was a driver with the least amount of dispersion of the many drivers I tested. If I ever buy a driver again, and I have been considering it lately, it's going to have to be something that helps keep me in play, over more length.(y)
For me, the B21 is providing better dispersion as well as length. My miss “was” a push to the right or even a push slice, but this driver has provided me more confidence and has lessened the push and for sure the slice.
Definately worth giving it a shot in my opinion. If not the B21, then I recommend the Mavrik line.

I blame all of you in here raving about this driver, and the Cowboys blowing up my betting day for this. Serious question though, am I going to regret this in the RCH55 instead of RCH65?Screenshot_20201004-152258_eBay.jpg

I blame all of you in here raving about this driver, and the Cowboys blowing up my betting day for this. Serious question though, am I going to regret this in the RCH55 instead of RCH65?View attachment 8967118

Congrats on the pickup. Great price. I think it’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I blame all of you in here raving about this driver, and the Cowboys blowing up my betting day for this. Serious question though, am I going to regret this in the RCH55 instead of RCH65?View attachment 8967118
Great deal. You should have waited until after the Hogan event though. There goes my competitive advantage.

At that price? Hell no you won’t regret anything ;)

Excited to get this back out on the course tomorrow!

For me, the B21 is providing better dispersion as well as length. My miss “was” a push to the right or even a push slice, but this driver has provided me more confidence and has lessened the push and for sure the slice.
Definately worth giving it a shot in my opinion. If not the B21, then I recommend the Mavrik line.
I wonder how much the Maverick will go for next spring?

I wonder how much the Maverick will go for next spring?
Just like any well known brand name clubs that sell a year later I suppose.
Callaway pre owned is a great option.

Round 2 with the B21. Was able to fade one ball on a dog leg but it was meh distance wise.

Another 8-9 dead straight, good distance drives (245 - 270). AVG drive stats are 255 - 260 which is good for me.

If I go after it, it goes really left! :eek: So, I'm not gonna do that with the B21. :D

If you do regret it let me know, I have the old man swing for the Regular flex RCH55. ;)

If you do regret it let me know, I have the old man swing for the Regular flex RCH55. ;)
Oh it's stiff flex, just the 55 instead of 65. Can't imagine trying to control a R flex lol...someday I will though.

Back