Callaway Releases Big Bertha B21 Driver

Makes sense then. Because if you’re to 2600-2700 with it, the B21 is considerably lower spin than that. Hence a big reason for not seeing the same sense of forgiveness.

It’s why fitting is important.

I also think many end up very surprised this is so much lower spinning than the Max. For me it’s 600-700 RPM.

Makes sense then. Because if you’re to 2600-2700 with it, the B21 is considerably lower spin than that. Hence a big reason for not seeing the same sense of forgiveness.

It’s why fitting is important.

I also think many end up very surprised this is so much lower spinning than the Max. For me it’s 600-700 RPM.
That would be a considerable drop for me. Appreciate the input.
I think I have found a way with the Max and just playing a 2 or 3 piece ball and it has been working great so far.

That would be a considerable drop for me. Appreciate the input.
I think I have found a way with the Max and just playing a 2 or 3 piece ball and it has been working great so far.
The max is a damn good driver, enjoy that beauty!

This driver has me intrigued. I am a single digit player and have a swing speed with the driver of 108 - 112. If I really go super hard I could get it up to 116. But mainly my course swings would be the 108/110 range. I play a slight fade and my typical miss with the big stick is a push/fade. I miss is left (lefty player). Not off the planet left but enough to cost a stroke or two over 18 holes. It odd because I play a little draw with my irons. I know I am a weirdo. I have been working with a instructor and swing path is quite neutral to in to out. I can get a little steep with the driver and leave the face open. Sometimes I suffer with the high balloon high spin ball due to this. If the wind is working right to left then I do struggle to hang on to it a bit. I currently use a cobra speedzone driver and basically have it set at 9 degree but in the upright setting. It has the stock aldila rogue shaft in s flex in it. I typically get fit into x flex shafts but have had some joy with firmer profile shafts in stiff flex. Do you guys think this head type would help me? Would the stock shaft RCH in the 65 stiff flex be a bit to soft? Not really going to get a chance to attend a driver fit as I just did my irons and going on a 3 hour round drive for a driver fitting is a bit much. Is the driver in 9 degree head be the one that has me driving down broadway?

This driver has me intrigued. I am a single digit player and have a swing speed with the driver of 108 - 112. If I really go super hard I could get it up to 116. But mainly my course swings would be the 108/110 range. I play a slight fade and my typical miss with the big stick is a push/fade. I miss is left (lefty player). Not off the planet left but enough to cost a stroke or two over 18 holes. It odd because I play a little draw with my irons. I know I am a weirdo. I have been working with a instructor and swing path is quite neutral to in to out. I can get a little steep with the driver and leave the face open. Sometimes I suffer with the high balloon high spin ball due to this. If the wind is working right to left then I do struggle to hang on to it a bit. I currently use a cobra speedzone driver and basically have it set at 9 degree but in the upright setting. It has the stock aldila rogue shaft in s flex in it. I typically get fit into x flex shafts but have had some joy with firmer profile shafts in stiff flex. Do you guys think this head type would help me? Would the stock shaft RCH in the 65 stiff flex be a bit to soft? Not really going to get a chance to attend a driver fit as I just did my irons and going on a 3 hour round drive for a driver fitting is a bit much. Is the driver in 9 degree head be the one that has me driving down broadway?
You sound like someone who would be a pretty good fit for this driver. In fact with what you are saying and the driver you are coming from having a bit of fade bias this might turn you into a draw player. You should go try it out. What shaft do you have in your Speedzone?

You sound like someone who would be a pretty good fit for this driver. In fact with what you are saying and the driver you are coming from having a bit of fade bias this might turn you into a draw player. You should go try it out. What shaft do you have in your Speedzone?
I have stock Aldila Rogue shaft the 110msi in S flex. I don't really have any local options to test the driver out, thats why I put the feelers out see whether the consensus was it would be a good fit for me or not.

I have stock Aldila Rogue shaft the 110msi in S flex. I don't really have any local options to test the driver out, thats why I put the feelers out see whether the consensus was it would be a good fit for me or not.
You're probably going to want to look at a different shaft than the stock RCH IMO as the kick point on that shaft is low and it has a lot of kick which will be a substantially different from your current shaft. Callaway offers a ton of no charge upgrades though so that shouldn't be a problem..looks like they have the Rogue 130 MSI. Based on what I read about the 110 you are currently using the Project X Evenflow Black would be similar.

Reactions: JB
I would definitely take a look at this driver given your profile. I don't know my SS but would guess it's in the same neighborhood as you, perhaps a little lower. My miss was pretty similar to yours, being a fade/slice guy. I got a good deal off Ebay, but it was in the RCH55. I'm not the guru many on here are about the technical side, but I can say unequivocally the RCH55 stands up to my swing and I've had incredible results with this combination.

I would definitely take a look at this driver given your profile. I don't know my SS but would guess it's in the same neighborhood as you, perhaps a little lower. My miss was pretty similar to yours, being a fade/slice guy. I got a good deal off Ebay, but it was in the RCH55. I'm not the guru many on here are about the technical side, but I can say unequivocally the RCH55 stands up to my swing and I've had incredible results with this combination.
The RCH is a sneaky good match for this design, it definitely merits a good shake before people swap it out.

On GCQuad your swing speed was north of 120 on a few swings.

On GCQuad your swing speed was north of 120 on a few swings.
Ah man, didn't catch that at the time. I do remember seeing the 175 ball speed when I looked once. Well there you have it @Lefty JB, the RCH55 in stiff can handle that SS. Of course I'm sure there are way more factors than just SS but as @Jman said don't immediately dismiss the RCH stock shaft.

The RCH is a sneaky good match for this design, it definitely merits a good shake before people swap it out.
Agree. I never would have thought the Senior flex in the RCH would fit me but it does. Not whippy at all. Best driver I have played in a long time. Nice draw on a good swing. No hooks.

I literally hammered this today. There is something about eliminating a miss that is so invigorating.

I literally hammered this today. There is something about eliminating a miss that is so invigorating.
Do you feel like you can swing a bit more freely now with this driver compared to others?

Do you feel like you can swing a bit more freely now with this driver compared to others?
I have always been a bit free as I won’t play something that doesn’t allow that. But I am getting crazy distance because of what this is allowing me to do.

This nails how I feel, I have no fear attacking with this driver. My misses with this have been a result of poor alignment almost exclusively.

This nails how I feel, I have no fear attacking with this driver. My misses with this have been a result of poor alignment almost exclusively.
Lots of truth to this one, the confidence it breeds in eliminating a side is top notch .

Biggest piece of the story for me though is still how it keeps spin much lower on misses than pretty much any other driver I’ve hit. Compared to the Mav Max it’s lightyears apart in that regard. Combo that inevitable distance retention on misses with the ability to reign in a miss directionally and I maintain there has not been a driver created like this before.

Getting rid of a dreaded miss will help to get the gremlins out of your head and swing with confidence. That all leads to more distance, fairways hit and more enjoyable golf. I am staggered at the amount of ppl that are raving about how good this driver is. I wonder if they had just been poorly fit before and they have lucked in this time and found and good shaft head combination that works for them. Surely this driver isn't the goldilocks of drivers for a this big a portion. If you look at other driver threads there is probably around 70/30 percent on like/dislike. This thread is more like 95/5 percent.
I drove it really solid yesterday on a path to 77. Lots of tiny little 10 yards fade with my cobra speedzone, hit a bunch of fairways. But this thing has got my attention, i keep thinking if this would help turn the little fade to more a push draw it would just be a beautiful thing. Thanks for all the feedback so far guys, I have really enjoyed reading this thread and seeing how people have reacted to this driver.

Getting rid of a dreaded miss will help to get the gremlins out of your head and swing with confidence. That all leads to more distance, fairways hit and more enjoyable golf. I am staggered at the amount of ppl that are raving about how good this driver is. I wonder if they had just been poorly fit before and they have lucked in this time and found and good shaft head combination that works for them. Surely this driver isn't the goldilocks of drivers for a this big a portion. If you look at other driver threads there is probably around 70/30 percent on like/dislike. This thread is more like 95/5 percent.
I drove it really solid yesterday on a path to 77. Lots of tiny little 10 yards fade with my cobra speedzone, hit a bunch of fairways. But this thing has got my attention, i keep thinking if this would help turn the little fade to more a push draw it would just be a beautiful thing. Thanks for all the feedback so far guys, I have really enjoyed reading this thread and seeing how people have reacted to this driver.
I was not poorly fit 😀

Just a pretty darn unique Driver based on tech and weight placement.

Yeah I've seen enough really smart and tech savvy people say that this is truly a first of its kind design. For a slice/fade player (many many golfers in this category) it seems to be a true unicorn

Back