Callaway Releases Big Bertha B21 Driver

I put a 14g weight in my B21 tonight. The last time I hit this driver at the indoor simulator, I was very erratic. I shortened the driver 1 inch so I’m hoping the swing weight is back to normal or a little heavier.

Just took delivery of a B21 driver today. I still have an old TM R7 Limited TP and snapped a few pics.

The shape is amazingly similar.

8b44dfd894cbe7094ee07321be521b7a.jpg
af1826969706d91f89ab70bd5790b17a.jpg
2bdd62bb05d638f8e85f795c9d90dda6.jpg

For me I am not sure if its a head weight issue. I hit four driver swings on trackman today and my angle of attack was like 2 to 4 down. So I feel I need to improve my AoA in order to get better driver results. My feel is with a swing speed of around the 108 mark and getting my AoA to even zero or 1 up will help and change my swing path a little and then the shot shape I want my be seen. I was advised that the Cobra driver I am using does tend to be a higher spinning head than other drivers and the shaft in my driver is way to soft. I am going to work on my AoA and see if I can improve that and hopefully I will see some better results with the big stick.
The weight being forward can also influence a steeper AoA. Might be worth adding a few grams to the rear weight to see if it balances it out.

My girlfriend hit the REVA today, and it sounded terrific. Looks great too. They didn't have a 10.5 to demo, which would have been nice, because she was launching the **** out of the 12.5 with RCH 45 shaft. I'll probably pick her one up when they hit CPO.

Just took delivery of a B21 driver today. I still have an old TM R7 Limited TP and snapped a few pics.

The shape is amazingly similar.

8b44dfd894cbe7094ee07321be521b7a.jpg
af1826969706d91f89ab70bd5790b17a.jpg
2bdd62bb05d638f8e85f795c9d90dda6.jpg
As the old saying goes.... What goes around comes around :)

As the old saying goes.... What goes around comes around :)
Absolutely.

I can understand that the triangular look might be the biggest turnoff for most. (Bear in mind that I've yet to hit it) but that's actually what I like best about it, first impressions-wise.

I played that R7 Limited TP pictured here for 5 or more years, easily my longest run with driver. I can't recall what I moved onto from it but I only make a move wrt to forgiveness as long as distance is acceptable.

Some clubs, I'll just never feel comfortable with at address. Case in point, the G410. While I love my G400 Max, through both the G410 Plus and LST, I just don't like the look at address. Not a cosmetic thing, a feel issue.

Whereas, like the G400 Max, the B21 instantly resonates. Right outta the box, at address, it reminded me so much of my R7 Limited that I brisk-walked to the basement to compare.

I expected similarities but audibly chuckled (in complete satisfaction) at how darned similarly shaped they are.

Went out into some 10MPH winds today. Hit some balls hard into that wind that had some real nice carry. I really like this driver. Driver has gone from a place of dread to a place of trust for me now.

Went out into some 10MPH winds today. Hit some balls hard into that wind that had some real nice carry. I really like this driver. Driver has gone from a place of dread to a place of trust for me now.
LOW spin filthy animal!

The countdown has begun. No, not the final countdown, but rather the countdown to when I hit this driver and see what it can do for me.

Picked up a SIM Max D past week with Diamana S 60g shaft. I hate it, not making the bag. B21 staying put.

Picked up a SIM Max D past week with Diamana S 60g shaft. I hate it, not making the bag. B21 staying put.
I played the max d most of last year . Had some very good pop to it . but Struggled with pulls .. try to correct then fades . Had a hard time finding the fairway consistently.
I picked up the B21 late season , beautiful consistent fairway finder . Just as long as the sim or longer but found the B21 much better distance wise into the wind.. perhaps the best driver I have ever played .

What was the issue with the Sim Max D? I think this is TM anti slice/fade club. What loft? More loft generally means more spin.

I played the max d most of last year . Had some very good pop to it . but Struggled with pulls .. try to correct then fades . Had a hard time finding the fairway consistently.
I picked up the B21 late season , beautiful consistent fairway finder . Just as long as the sim or longer but found the B21 much better distance wise into the wind.. perhaps the best driver I have ever played .
What specs did you go in the B21 and the SIM? Curious to see the difference. This B21 has my interest perked and I right on the fence in regards to getting one.

What was the issue with the Sim Max D? I think this is TM anti slice/fade club. What loft? More loft generally means more spin.
Sim Max D was 9° loft. Doesn't feel as nice as the B21 and definitely more draw (hook) biased than my B21. I will try a different shaft, wasn't getting along with the Diamana, felt sluggish and dead. Its going to be hard to kick the B21 out. I will note, I don't get along with Taylormade drivers and haven't gamed one since the 07 Burner.

Just finished 9 holes. This driver is hands down REALLY nice. Fist off the sound is intoxicating. I don’t really know how to describe it other than a throaty “tink” that just sounds amazing. It’s not loud at all, but it is a sound that gives you confidence.

Minus my breakfast ball that was duck hooked left, all my drives were playable which almost never happens. My right miss was still in play and was no where near as punishable with my M4D. Distance on off center hits was surprisingly great.

What specs did you go in the B21 and the SIM? Curious to see the difference. This B21 has my interest perked and I right on the fence in regards to getting one.
Both 10.5 with regular flex . I did see a higher ball flight with the b21 which I was looking for . Found the b21 more forgiving easier to hit.

Got out for 5 holes tonight after finishing my workday. Goodness I love this driver. So much confidence and I just hit it so hard.

LOW spin filthy animal!
I know all swings are different but how do the spin numbers compare to mav sub zero? mav SZ is my current gamer and I really like it but this callaway driver (by the description) was basically made for me. I am always in a odd place with my driver fittings. I absolutely need a spin killing driver but also need forgiveness and a little bit of fade correction. I bounce between a 9-10 hdcp but always say I hit driver and fairway woods like a 16 and rest of my game is like a 7-8.

MIne just shipped today. Pretty excited to give it a go. Thanks to all you guys for the guidance (and encouragement to pull the trigger).Unknown.jpeg

I know all swings are different but how do the spin numbers compare to mav sub zero? mav SZ is my current gamer and I really like it but this callaway driver (by the description) was basically made for me. I am always in a odd place with my driver fittings. I absolutely need a spin killing driver but also need forgiveness and a little bit of fade correction. I bounce between a 9-10 hdcp but always say I hit driver and fairway woods like a 16 and rest of my game is like a 7-8.
You sound like me, i hit my irons like a scratch golfer and hit my driver and fairway woods like a 25 marker. Hit beautiful little baby draws with my irons. The driver for some reason is eluding me. The push fade will not leave me be. I am trying to hit more up and increase my AoA and it has not made a real change. The more I feel I hit upwards the more higher the ball goes. My last time on trackman I was 2-4 downwards and slightly out to in path with the big dog. This driver does have my interest. Yep I feel your pain and I think we are similar golfers. I hope the B21 is the answer for you and if nothing else gives you that bit more help that might save you a few shots on the course.

How does the RCH shaft help out with spin? I'm a high spin player and wondering if I should stay away from the RCH shaft. I tend to hit down on the ball as well and can't wait to hit this driver.

I've joined the club. 9º head with RCH 55 stiff. Played 9 with it and results were decent. Couple holes I was about 10-15yds further than my normal good drive. My big right miss didnt go completely off the planet. I think I need a more stout shaft. I've always wanted to try the Proforce V2.....went on ebay and purchased one. Should be fun.

How does the RCH shaft help out with spin? I'm a high spin player and wondering if I should stay away from the RCH shaft. I tend to hit down on the ball as well and can't wait to hit this driver.
What kind of shaft do you currently play? The RCH has a lot of action near the lower on the shaft. It can feel funny if you're not used to that.

I've joined the club. 9º head with RCH 55 stiff. Played 9 with it and results were decent. Couple holes I was about 10-15yds further than my normal good drive. My big right miss didnt go completely off the planet. I think I need a more stout shaft. I've always wanted to try the Proforce V2.....went on ebay and purchased one. Should be fun.
That's awesome. I am looking forward to hearing about the Pro Force pairing.

Back