Callaway Releases Big Bertha B21 Driver

I got fitted this week, and this was the silver bullet for me. Went from having a slice with over 3,000-4,000 rpm spin rate, and an average ball speed of 125 mph. After hitting a bunch of shafts in my Callaway XR Speed I had marginal improvements, and with the Rogue and Mavrik heads same story.

Immediately with the B21 with the RCH 55 stiff flex shaft - I went from a slice to a cut draw, a ball speed of 140 mph, spin rates in the mid 2000’s, and get this........20 yards added to my total distance!

Needless to say after hitting this driver for 45 minutes after discovering the above data.......I’m convinced this is a game changer!

I got fitted this week, and this was the silver bullet for me. Went from having a slice with over 3,000-4,000 rpm spin rate, and an average ball speed of 125 mph. After hitting a bunch of shafts in my Callaway XR Speed I had marginal improvements, and with the Rogue and Mavrik heads same story.

Immediately with the B21 with the RCH 55 stiff flex shaft - I went from a slice to a cut draw, a ball speed of 140 mph, spin rates in the mid 2000’s, and get this........20 yards added to my total distance!

Needless to say after hitting this driver for 45 minutes after discovering the above data.......I’m convinced this is a game changer!

I've been following this thread for weeks and so many comments like this have me chomping at the bit to get a fitting appointment with my instructor. Hoping for the next week or two and I’ll be ready for spring!

It’s a unicorn my man! Does exactly what it claims, and there’s NO other design out there like it.

I think it is a funny that this is my favorite driver but I wouldn’t ever play it. Haha.

I would hook this driver off the planet. Not a good match for me.
Yep, there’s a segment it’s just not at all for. But I love that you still appreciate what it can do for so many, it’s what makes conversation fun my man! Love it!

I’ve always been high spin I cut across the ball but hit it straight but when I do miss is right but I’m blessed always in fairway or just off this driver sounds like what I need have to try and see

Yep, there’s a segment it’s just not at all for. But I love that you still appreciate what it can do for so many, it’s what makes conversation fun my man! Love it!
But I love what it can do for so many. But I love that it makes conversation fun. 🤷‍♂️ I love it!

Super curious to see where they take this next.

Super curious to see where they take this next.
Not sure how Callaway can improve on this. Maybe same design with updated jailbreak technology?

Same. Surely @DNevsCG and crew are going to keep evolving this unicorn! 👀

Serious. Everyone lusts after the triple diamond because the tour guys play it. It hi k this driver is every bit as special for your regular golfer.

Not sure how Callaway can improve on this. Maybe same design with updated jailbreak technology?

There is no way they just sit on it.

I think any time you have a first generation of something, there will be small improvements to be made. Even if it's just an incremental improvement in aerodynamics, or slight adjustment to the weighting (or adjustable weights :unsure:). I feel like they have a great foundation to refine and continue squeezing out every little bit of performance.

Serious. Everyone lusts after the triple diamond because the tour guys play it. It hi k this driver is every bit as special for your regular golfer.
Entirely agree. I would go far as saying it would truly be game changing for most amateurs if their would try it, because true ams do come OTT, cut across, or just miss right.

So I am two and a half rounds in with the B21. The first round and a half were "eh." I chocked that up to finding the right shaft. It came with the RCH 55 stiff and I think it was too light. I bought a Proforce V2 in regular, and a RCH 65 stiff. The round with the Proforce was ok. Good front 9, but couldn't find the face on the back. So on goes the RCH 65. Before I hit it, I did two things, I shortened it to 44.25", and put a MCC +4 midsize grip on. Safe to say, I think I have found my shaft. 11/14 fairways hit, a personal best. No amazing jump in distance yet, although I did have a few holes where I was definitely further down the fairway than I was used to. I had a nice dependable fade going today. What a driver. And the sound is so much nicer than my Ping!

No amazing jump in distance yet, although I did have a few holes where I was definitely further down the fairway than I was used to.
For me it went about the same distance as my last driver (Titleist TS3) until I kept hitting fairways and started feeling more and more confident in it. At that point I just eased into putting a good turn on it and then cranked out another 5-10 yards on my best swings. The distance comes from the confidence you start to have when you see how it performs on mishits. It's almost a subconscious thing if that makes sense.

For me it went about the same distance as my last driver (Titleist TS3) until I kept hitting fairways and started feeling more and more confident in it. At that point I just eased into putting a good turn on it and then cranked out another 5-10 yards on my best swings. The distance comes from the confidence you start to have when you see how it performs on mishits. It's almost a subconscious thing if that makes sense.
It also comes on those mishits though, the spin retention on those misses means more carry than one ever expects compared to other drivers. It’s definitely manic laugh inducing at times.

It also comes on those mishits though, the spin retention on those misses means more carry than one ever expects compared to other drivers. It’s definitely manic laugh inducing at times.
This is what I'm aiming for. If my sky-high right miss turns into a penetrating slightly less right miss, I could add another 20-30 yards and be closer to the edge of the fairway.

Back