Callaway Releases Big Bertha B21 Driver

This is what I'm aiming for. If my sky-high right miss turns into a penetrating slightly less right miss, I could add another 20-30 yards and be closer to the edge of the fairway.
Totally what I’ve seen in my time with it. It’s why it’s going to get an honest crack at the bag this year, even with me ho’ing way too many shiny new options.

Entirely agree. I would go far as saying it would truly be game changing for most amateurs if their would try it, because true ams do come OTT, cut across, or just miss right.

OTT, cut across, miss right - that describes me. And I hit high spinning cuts with the driver. I am definitely going to be trying this driver before the season starts here.

This is what I'm aiming for. If my sky-high right miss turns into a penetrating slightly less right miss, I could add another 20-30 yards and be closer to the edge of the fairway.

I have decent accuracy with my current gamer (Speedzone Xtreme), but I tend to hit a high spinning left to right shot As a result, I lose distance. I'm hoping the B21 can give me a better ball flight and more distance.

OTT, cut across, miss right - that describes me. And I hit high spinning cuts with the driver. I am definitely going to be trying this driver before the season starts here.
This will knock a LOT of spin off that miss. Its the literal design premise of the head, its a unicorn!

I haven't hit this on a monitor to give any side spin numbers, but I will say that I was hitting the Mavrik lineup on a monitor and was getting stupid high side spin numbers with horrible left to right ball flights/slices. IIRC side spin was like 2500+ on bad swings and with only 9 holes played and a few balls hit into a field that right slice is almost gone even on some bad swings. It's not the end all be all in drivers, as you still have to give it a decent swing, but for the OTT guys, this does help a ton! I can say the couple of times I tried to swing out of my shoes I did miss right, but that was on me. They were still in play, but not on the fairway.

any thoughts as to when these start popping up on CPO?

any thoughts as to when these start popping up on CPO?
I saw two preowned (one per store) at the two different PGA Superstores in Myrtle Beach yesterday. Both looked a little rough for such a new club.

The B21 has been a beast for me. My big miss a spinny slice and I am not a slow swinger. This driver paired with the right shaft has allowed me to be the most consistent I've ever been with a driver.

The B21 has been a beast for me. My big miss a spinny slice and I am not a slow swinger. This driver paired with the right shaft has allowed me to be the most consistent I've ever been with a driver.

I currently have a very accurate driver in the Speedzone Xtreme. I just don't hit it that far because too many of my drives are high, spinny and to the right,

I currently have a very accurate driver in the Speedzone Xtreme. I just don't hit it that far because too many of my drives are high, spinny and to the right,

I would strongly recommend looking at the B21 and comparing it to the Speedzone if you are able.

As the season grows closer glad to see this get more and more traction.

As the season grows closer glad to see this get more and more traction.
I think the release date hurt this one a bit. It came out as most people were winding down. Now, season is starting to get closer and all the new releases are sparkling in everyone's eye. If more folks put the ego aside, it'd probably do a lot for their games.

I would strongly recommend looking at the B21 and comparing it to the Speedzone if you are able.

Appreciate the recommendation. I will definitely hit the B21 before my season starts up.

That is SCARY my friend!

I think the release date hurt this one a bit. It came out as most people were winding down. Now, season is starting to get closer and all the new releases are sparkling in everyone's eye. If more folks put the ego aside, it'd probably do a lot for their games.
It’s actually sold really well.

That is SCARY my friend!

Swings changes have helped, but even before I implemented those, the B21 was working on curbing how penal the miss right was.

If Skytrak numbers are to be believed, I passed a ballspeed number I never thought I would get to.

I skimmed through the past pages to look and see if anyone mentioned if this driver has an offset. It looked somewhat like it did in the picture on Callaway's website but just wanting to confirm.

One thing is for sure. Coming from Epic Flash over to the B21, I am still trying to get used to the much more muted sound. Good contact with the Flash is way louder vs the B21. Even after several rounds with the B21, good contact and I will look up and it just goes. Still, for a split second after good contact I have this feeling like I missed it, but thats not the case. Just something I noticed.

I have been happy with the change so far. I ended up plugging my fitted Aerotech TiFiber shaft (that was in my Epic Flash) into the B21 and it is pretty good. I am going to go and get a 'check up' on a monitor soon to see if there is another shaft that may fit better. I didnt really get along with the RCH stock shaft.

B21 is the real deal though.

Finally got my UST Mamiya Masters edition LINQ Gunmetal shaft tipped so I can plug my B21 into it. Can't wait to get that puppy to the sim and see how it goes

I skimmed through the past pages to look and see if anyone mentioned if this driver has an offset. It looked somewhat like it did in the picture on Callaway's website but just wanting to confirm.
No, the driver does not have offset.

If it's there it's well hidden to my eye.
20210212_133605.jpg

Swings changes have helped, but even before I implemented those, the B21 was working on curbing how penal the miss right was.

If Skytrak numbers are to be believed, I passed a ballspeed number I never thought I would get to.
190?

OK, so what the main difference between the B21 and the Mavrik Max/Epic Max, other than the fact that one is more draw biased than the others, seems like everything else is virtually the same.

OK, so what the main difference between the B21 and the Mavrik Max/Epic Max, other than the fact that one is more draw biased than the others, seems like everything else is virtually the same.

The B21 is supposed to be lower spin and higher launching.

Back