Callaway Releases Big Bertha B21 Driver

My swing was not on point today. All facets of the game today was just off. 5/13 fairways but even with all the misses, none were completely off the planet.

I do wonder though....since I play a lower spin ball (TP5x), with this lower spin driver, could that be robbing of of any distance? The tinkerer in me is always looking at something....

Every time I see this thread pop up, I get all antsy for the season to start, I wanna get back out there and contribute more to this thread. Does swinging the club in the house count?!

Every time I see this thread pop up, I get all antsy for the season to start, I wanna get back out there and contribute more to this thread. Does swinging the club in the house count?!

How tall are your ceilings......:ROFLMAO:

Are most ppl sticking with the stock shaft option? I think from reading some reviews that the stock shaft is specifically designed for this head. Any thoughts on a good shaft for me. SS 110 and make an aggressive move at the ball. Last driver fit was for the Rogue and they recommended at the demo day that a Atmos TS blue 6x was a good match with the rogue for me. I have a negative AoA averages about -2 and generate a lot of spin.

I wonder how the B21 compares with the new Epic?

I wonder how the B21 compares with the new Epic?
Lower spin than the Speed or Max. Obviously also more draw weighted as well. In forgiveness, they’re all pretty close but the LS and this are toe to toe...just different beasts in bias.

Hoping this club can help me. I'm actually an in to out swinger, but sometimes my face is open to the path, and I block or fade one out right.

Just wondering if it will overcook my draw. Got one on order from the marketplace and will be putting it up against my standard Mav.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Went on the website abut it didn't help me too much about the Shafts. Question, what is the RCH shaft like...any comparisons. Looking specifically at the RCH 55- R

Went on the website abut it didn't help me too much about the Shafts. Question, what is the RCH shaft like...any comparisons. Looking specifically at the RCH 55- R
Honestly, there’s not any comparisons as it was designed from the ground up just for this head. Has a very active tip section but shocking stability in the rest of the shaft. I’m a 110 guy and can play the stock S.

Hoping this club can help me. I'm actually an in to out swinger, but sometimes my face is open to the path, and I block or fade one out right.

Just wondering if it will overcook my draw. Got one on order from the marketplace and will be putting it up against my standard Mav.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
I think it’ll surprise you, if you leave that face open, the way this one keeps the spin down is going to make you laugh hysterically.

I think it’ll surprise you, if you leave that face open, the way this one keeps the spin down is going to make you laugh hysterically.

Sounds like the unicorn club I'm looking for. It's funny watching the reviews online. Everyone is like, "I'm going to review this but I know it's not the club for me", then each one of those reviewers proceed to knock the snot out of the ball down the middle.

I have no problem using a "game improvement" driver, if it improves my game.

Since I moved onto a golf course I am about to have the longest I have ever gone with no swings. 9 days as of today and it looks like this now with 6-9 more inches on the way and a long line of highs in the 20's in the forecast. Where is global warming when you need it? Somebody tell me something good about the golf they have been able to play.20210215_075109.jpg

Sounds like the unicorn club I'm looking for. It's funny watching the reviews online. Everyone is like, "I'm going to review this but I know it's not the club for me", then each one of those reviewers proceed to knock the snot out of the ball down the middle.

I have no problem using a "game improvement" driver, if it improves my game.
Yup. A lot of preconceptions around this one, and I was one before reviewing it myself, but it’s a true unicorn. Non traditional shape is literally the only knock a lot of people can muster for it, but I don’t mind the shape at all.

any thoughts as to when these start popping up on CPO?
Usually with their January released we start seeing them on CPO around Sept/Oct.
this dropped in Sept 2020 so perhaps around May on CPO ??

Yup. A lot of preconceptions around this one, and I was one before reviewing it myself, but it’s a true unicorn. Non traditional shape is literally the only knock a lot of people can muster for it, but I don’t mind the shape at all.

I’d argue the shape is what makes me want to try this one again. I kinda like the triangular shape this one has and the Fusion before that. Inspires confidence for me.

I’d argue the shape is what makes me want to try this one again. I kinda like the triangular shape this one has and the Fusion before that. Inspires confidence for me.
Not saying it doesn’t for some, but it has been the biggest “sticking point” for the 30-40 people I’ve let hit mine as well as the almighty internet golfer crowd. :ROFLMAO:

Not saying it doesn’t for some, but it has been the biggest “sticking point” for the 30-40 people I’ve let hit mine as well as the almighty internet golfer crowd. :ROFLMAO:

I could see that. It’s not traditional for sure. Great to have options. I’m just thinking since I’m not a high spin guy this one might not be the best fit unless I went 12*. After working on my AoA, Was hoping to get into a 10.5 this year lofted up a little. As I get more ball speed with a 10.5 lofted up than I do with a 12* head.

The shape on the B21 doesn’t bother me at all. Callaway did a good job masking the triangular shape IMHO. I handed down my Fusion to my son, so I still have it around. Here is a comparison, with the B21 on the left, Fusion on the right. The Fusion is much more pronounced to me.

Also, in terms of launch, despite the low spin, I found the B21 high launching. So much so that I returned the 10.5* to Callaway and dropped down to the 9*. Not that I am playing any golf at the moment with snow on the ground, but I have had no issue with launching the 9* at all. YMMV.CC96561E-82D7-44CE-BF7E-FA859F302AA0.jpeg

I could see that. It’s not traditional for sure. Great to have options. I’m just thinking since I’m not a high spin guy this one might not be the best fit unless I went 12*. After working on my AoA, Was hoping to get into a 10.5 this year lofted up a little. As I get more ball speed with a 10.5 lofted up than I do with a 12* head.
Even at 12, it’s going to be low spin. This is lower spinning than the Mav and Mav Max remember. It’s actually quite close to the Sub Zero.

I'll echo what others are saying, the shape never jumped out to me as odd and I've played a fair number of different drivers over the years.

The shape on the B21 doesn’t bother me at all. Callaway did a good job masking the triangular shape IMHO. I handed down my Fusion to my son, so I still have it around. Here is a comparison, with the B21 on the left, Fusion on the right. The Fusion is much more pronounced to me.

Also, in terms of launch, despite the low spin, I found the B21 high launching. So much so that I returned the 10.5* to Callaway and dropped down to the 9*. Not that I am playing any golf at the moment with snow on the ground, but I have had no issue with launching the 9* at all. YMMV.View attachment 8993501
It’s definitely a launcher, maybe the best I’ve ever hit in terms of launch for a low spin head. I play my 9 turned down, so you’re not seeing anything out of the norm.

Even at 12, it’s going to be low spin. This is lower spinning than the Mav and Mav Max remember. It’s actually quite close to the Sub Zero.
Gotcha. Might not be for me then. I was only seeing 2200 out of the Epic Max 10.5 lofted at 12.5.

Gotcha. Might not be for me then. I was only seeing 2200 out of the Epic Max 10.5 lofted at 12.5.

A ton of members here who have been fit into the Max and found good spin numbers have seen what several of us have been preaching in here for months, this is a much lower spinning head, it’s a low forward center of gravity and plays as such, but with all the forgiveness of the Max. It’s a unicorn.

Back