Callaway Releases Big Bertha B21 Driver

I had a bad swing day the last 9 I went out this week. Something was off with setup as I could not get the right feel all day. Anyway my miss was a high toe shot with the driver that day. I hit 3 of those shots and actually had some real nice results. My max drive is about 235-240. These hi toes went between 200-210 and all 3 started high right and floated left back into the fairway as expected. Those shots while poor swings left me in a good position to not get a big number. For me that's all I can ask.

I had a bad swing day the last 9 I went out this week. Something was off with setup as I could not get the right feel all day. Anyway my miss was a high toe shot with the driver that day. I hit 3 of those shots and actually had some real nice results. My max drive is about 235-240. These hi toes went between 200-210 and all 3 started high right and floated left back into the fairway as expected. Those shots while poor swings left me in a good position to not get a big number. For me that's all I can ask.
A bit of help on those not so good strikes is what all the current drivers are claiming. Better speed retention and and spin consistency. This is what I thing this driver does for the chronic slicers and fade players. It does not magically fix these issues but the design help reduces the impact of that typical type shot. My concern with this driver is that it will launch to high and with to much spin as I am considered to be that higher speed player and tend to generate more launch and spin than a typical slower speed player.

A bit of help on those not so good strikes is what all the current drivers are claiming. Better speed retention and and spin consistency. This is what I thing this driver does for the chronic slicers and fade players. It does not magically fix these issues but the design help reduces the impact of that typical type shot. My concern with this driver is that it will launch to high and with to much spin as I am considered to be that higher speed player and tend to generate more launch and spin than a typical slower speed player.
It’s a low spin head

@Jman can speak more eloquently to this but too much spin is not likely to be an issue. Some that have not had success with this club found it to be too low spinning.

It is a LOW spin head. Truly. The key to the design is limiting that spin on misses, it helps keep the ball in play and retain distance. This does that in a BIG way. Lower spin than Mavrik Max and Mavrik for me.

i've noticed that when i try and cut loose, the miss is a slice...if i play to hit the fairway, my miss is a hook but i can "correct" it by playing the ball back in the stance a little...is the B21 for me if i am cutting it loose then?

asking for a friend.

Such an awesome driver!

5F6CC098-5827-4D49-AD46-48B9B8C5F8FF.jpeg

i've noticed that when i try and cut loose, the miss is a slice...if i play to hit the fairway, my miss is a hook but i can "correct" it by playing the ball back in the stance a little...is the B21 for me if i am cutting it loose then?

asking for a friend.
It won’t fix a slice, it can make it way more playable though, waaaaaay more. (y)

Another round with the B 21 in the books but this time I had the pleasure of another THP’er, Scooby555 along.
What a nice young man and considering today was his fourth ever round of golf I have to say, I’m impressed.
I’ve had worse rounds recently after 40 years of playing.
The fact that he bought the beer 🍺 at the 19th had no bearing on my comment.
The B 21 came through again allowing me to play a nice fade on most holes. The fairways I missed were all owned by swing errors.
Scooby555 introduced me to a nice mountain course that was very nice. Lots of elevation changes, challenging but still very playable.
Anytime any of ya’ll are near Atlanta I would recommend giving Woodland Hills in Cartersville a go and even better if we can all play.
Thanks again Joey and thanks THP for being the facilitator.

I really enjoyed playing with you @Jaoffo Very laid back and patient with a newbie. You play very well and that B21 is a heck of a driver with a nice sound when striking the ball. Nice fairway finder you have yourself. Buying you a beer was the least I could do for you coming to town and helping me learn the wonderful game of golf. Thank you so much and also thanks to THP without it, we would have never met.

I really enjoyed playing with you @Jaoffo Very laid back and patient with a newbie. You play very well and that B21 is a heck of a driver with a nice sound when striking the ball. Nice fairway finder you have yourself. Buying you a beer was the least I could do for you coming to town and helping me learn the wonderful game of golf. Thank you so much and also thanks to THP without it, we would have never met.

I was happy to hear about your round with a fellow THPer.

This head is lower spin. I would say it is somewhere between a traditional Callaway low spin head and their standard spinning head. It is not using higher spin to straiten balls out it is using the weight setup which is really fantastic.

Also for everyone else, I played 9 last night and absolutely pounded this driver. I am so confident with it in my hand.

asking for a friend.
Yes, it would be good for you to try. I do the same and struggle a bit out to in at times and I have been hitting this thing really well.

Part of me still wants to find the lowest launching and spinning shaft out there and plug in this for S&G’s

Part of me still wants to find the lowest launching and spinning shaft out there and plug in this for S&G’s

i like where your head is on this...

I am still loving the wide appeal of the B21 driver. I really thought it was going to be a one trick pony but it turns out to be a race horse for a lot of people.

That would be Steadfast if you check out the thread.

If you got me as your secret santa partner I would not be opposed to you accidentally dropping that head in the gift box 😂😂
This right here is funny.

I am still loving the wide appeal of the B21 driver. I really thought it was going to be a one trick pony but it turns out to be a race horse for a lot of people.
No one trick to it, that’s for sure. I think people lose sight of the fact that it’s a low spin head, I’ve said it before and will 1,000,000 more times, there has NEVER been a design like this.

I literally hammered this today. There is something about eliminating a miss that is so invigorating.
That’s really cool. Remind me what shaft you are playing in it?

No one trick to it, that’s for sure. I think people lose sight of the fact that it’s a low spin head, I’ve said it before and will 1,000,000 more times, there has NEVER been a design like this.
I love being proven wrong and I need Covid to move on so I can go demo it.

Back