Callaway Releases Big Bertha B21 Driver

I tried to put that 14th Ben Hogan club back in the bag, but the B21 wouldn't let it happen! It just flat out performs! It mitigates my terrible drives and accentuates my better ones! I have so much confidence standing on the tee with this driver! It's hard to imagine anything being better!
If I had to say something about this driver, I probably couldn't have said it better!

This driver is just so easy to play well with. Crazy good. Best driver I have ever owned for my swing.

I benched my Sim Max for this. Was so so at first until I put a heavy weight in it. Now I can't wait to get on the tee with it. Played Sunday in 40* windy weather and had another outstanding driving day. Paired with the right shaft and weight, the distance / control is second to none with this club.

I love reading the success people are having with this. It's been a bit of a game changer for me.

This club was so impressive today! There was a point I piped 10-12 straight down the driving range. The best benefit this club is one that isn’t quantifiable by a flight scope. As a serial slicer of the ball with the driver, this club has given me so much confidence to just stand on the tee box and pull the trigger! My best swings are rewarded handsomely and my poor swings are minimized. The GS53 MAX put up a good fight today, but it’s gonna take a lot to usurp this miracle worker!
I'm telling you guys, point and shoot, lower spin, made for slicers... its all accurate. Never before has my driver been the most confidence inspiring club in my bag. Ever. I'm still not hitting as far as I used to, but I'm hitting this farther than what I had been recently. I'm getting to areas of the course I used to be able to get to. Reaching corners on dog legs for example. If I get lazy, I can still fan one to the right, but now I'd say my most common miss is a pull, but rarely ever egregiously and out of play. I don't have any launch monitor numbers, but I'm hitting it visibly higher than before and using shorter clubs for approaches. I'm a club ho and will play this until it breaks, or someone ousts it with a real fitting and measurable improvements distance and accuracy.
I took my B21 out for it's maiden voyage the other day and I was just dumbfounded. My drives were all straight or they had a baby draw! My usual when I try and chase it is a right side push but that is gone completely as well as leakers that I've had from time to time. I'm sorry to say but my G400 MAX has just been demoted to my closet.
This driver is just flat out amazing plus it has a better sound than the Ping IMO! I also tried the MAVRIK/MAX and as they say, not even close to the forgiveness/performance of the B21. As endorsements goes, anyone who is a right side player, or one that wants to turn their shots into slight draws should give this driver a shot before making a final decision. BTW, this is my first Callaway driver purchase in 5 years.
I tried to put that 14th Ben Hogan club back in the bag, but the B21 wouldn't let it happen! It just flat out performs! It mitigates my terrible drives and accentuates my better ones! I have so much confidence standing on the tee with this driver! It's hard to imagine anything being better!
This driver is just so easy to play well with. Crazy good. Best driver I have ever owned for my swing.
I benched my Sim Max for this. Was so so at first until I put a heavy weight in it. Now I can't wait to get on the tee with it. Played Sunday in 40* windy weather and had another outstanding driving day. Paired with the right shaft and weight, the distance / control is second to none with this club.
I love reading the success people are having with this. It's been a bit of a game changer for me.

the last few pages, just a few of the crazy quotes.

I really want to figure out a demo or fitting time to try a bunch of drivers this year, but I'm awfully close to blindly ordering a B21 once they hit CPO.

Last edited:

I really want to figure out a demo or fitting time to try a much of drivers this year, but I'm awfully close to blindly ordering a B21 once they hit CPO.
I prefer to get fit or at least try before buying, CPO would be a good option, especially when you get it on sale if you don't go through a fitting.

I prefer to get fit or at least try before buying, CPO would be a good option, especially when you get it on sale if you don't go through a fitting.

yeah, there's a callaway demo day at my course next week going to try to make. but no chance at trying cobra/mizuno and some other drivers without having a weekend to get to a bigger city.

I really want to figure out a demo or fitting time to try a bunch of drivers this year, but I'm awfully close to blindly ordering a B21 once they hit CPO.

I will add a quote. “As a fitter, this is my fav driver”. It is unique to who it fits, but for the right golfer there is nothing like it out there..

Received my BB 21 and just don't like it. The sound is funky and the feel is harsh. I had a couple other friends try it and they came away with the same feeling. Granted, I probably have a shaft that is too light, but the sound and feel are just not what I'm used to... I currently play a Mavrik and it's solid without sounding tinny and the feel is really good.

Getting a return authorization from Callaway because it's just not my cup of tea.

April cannot get here fast enough can it LOL!
You're telling me mate, I cant wait to see what the RadSpeed can do. Driving is by FAR the weakest part of my game, if I can get that under control then it's worth at least 2-3 shots per round for me. Am committing to a full season of lessons this year as well, so hopefully that will solve a lot of the issues.

Another day out there with the B21 and overall it was OK. I need to get out of the habit of trying to steer the driver and just aim and hit it. Got onto trouble a few times but recovered well. Putting was spot on. I am also curious how the CB Alta 55 shaft from my G400 MAX, compares to the RCH55 shaft in my B21?

Well, still played just ok with the B21. I'm almost thinking that the shift is too light or I need more weight in the head. It just seems so light to the swing but I played 55 gram shaft in my G400 MAX, so now I'm in the experimental stage, or maybe it just could be me. Love the setup of the driver, I'm just getting frustrated...too much thinking.

I put a ProForce V2 7F4 (70ish grams, stiff flex) in the B21 and wow. Very smooth shaft. Even though it's heavier that the RCH 65 that I have, it doesn't feel like it. Produces a nice medium to medium high ball flight with a sweet cut to straight-ish shape. I can still slice it if I put a bad swing on it, but after a range session and one round, I'm liking what I'm seeing.

The things my freshman 3 bag got away with this last week with the B21 is pretty funny. Several times I had to tell him aloud “that’s why I put it in your bag”. (y)

Curious as to where you got a heavier weight?

Got back from the range a while ago and noticed that when I hit this driver, I experience no metallic sound from the face, just a dull sounding crack...just not what I'm used to.
Even the reviews on youtube the sound is totally different from my driver.
Those who have the B21, I'll be interested in your insight.

Curious as to where you got a heavier weight?
Off of Ebay. But beware, I broke the screw installing it. It was not a factory Callaway weight. Had to try it out with it taped into position. I liked the feel, so now I have it in with some soft shoe goo, and that has kept it in place.

I recommend finger tight, with some blue loctite.

I had a couple big ones today. I can still miss, but man, this thing saves my bacon a couple times a round.

Have a couple other drivers trying to earn bag time. Not sure it will happen. B21 is a beast.

I was never one to play with the adjustment feature on clubs, but something just didn't feel right with the B21. I was getting good distance but just felt it could do more. I readjusted the cog to -1* (10.5* loft), and kept the lie at neutral. Amazing, the adjustment really does change the driver. driving the ball about 10 yards farther, but the big difference is the enhanced click I get when I hit it where as before it was a muffled clock sound.

My love affair with the B21 offically ended a couple days ago. We had a good times, great drives and good laughs. Like all good things, it comes to an end. There's a new love in my life, SIM2 Max.

Demoed a bunch of drivers a few days ago, really to test the new cally epic lineup. Tested the SIM2 Max with my Speeder Evo 569. Wow, everything the B21 was but better. Its odd because I owned the original SIM Max D and hated it.

The B21 is still a great driver, but my eyes wonder to newer things, especially drivers. I'm keeping the B21 with no plans to sell, thats how impressed I was with it.

Back