Callaway Releases Big Bertha B21 Driver

I finally got the chance to hit one today, standard RCH shaft, if I wasn't getting a new Rad XB soon I would be all over this beast! Even with my screwed up swing I could not get it to go more then 6yds offline right! Wow!

I finally got the chance to hit one today, standard RCH shaft, if I wasn't getting a new Rad XB soon I would be all over this beast! Even with my screwed up swing I could not get it to go more then 6yds offline right! Wow!
Exactly the reason I've refused to even think about hitting it - if the new XB wasn't on it's way then I am certain I would already be playing this driver based on the reviews alone.

My buddy has been hitting mine when we play together. He slices everything and basically lines up to play a weak banana slice. He hits it probably 20-30 yards further than he hits his driver just because it straitens up so much for him. He is inconsistent but it seems like he hits it much higher on average as well.

Yup, I’ve said it before and will again....it’s a unicorn!

Yup, I’ve said it before and will again....it’s a unicorn!
I was amazed and it took all my restraint to not start throwing money at them! 😉

Exactly the reason I've refused to even think about hitting it - if the new XB wasn't on it's way then I am certain I would already be playing this driver based on the reviews alone.

I’m going to be using the B21 this season. I’m excited to see what it can do for me.

I’m going to be using the B21 this season. I’m excited to see what it can do for me.
It’s so good. I’ve seen it literally change the tee game of one of my freshmen this year, it’s been fun to watch.

It’s so good. I’ve seen it literally change the tee game of one of my freshmen this year, it’s been fun to watch.

I’ll definitely keep posting in the thread as I put it in play. I actually had a good year last year off the tee with the Xtreme. I just think I can more distance with an improved ball flight and less spin.

I’ll definitely keep posting in the thread as I put it in play. I actually had a good year last year off the tee with the Xtreme. I just think I can more distance with an improved ball flight and less spin.
And way better sound/feel too! :ROFLMAO:

I'm convinced I've gotten some of my distance back with this. Had a pretty good driving day yesterday, regularly outdriving friends that had been outdriving me for the past year. I lost a couple right, but they were pretty lazy swings.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this helps your game John, I know like me you fight the rights a bit, so it sounds like this is perfect for you. Avid watcher here!

I'm convinced I've gotten some of my distance back with this. Had a pretty good driving day yesterday, regularly outdriving friends that had been outdriving me for the past year. I lost a couple right, but they were pretty lazy swings.

That's what I'm hoping for with the B21. I want to hit the ball somewhat straighter and longer with reduced spin and less left to right ball flight.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this helps your game John, I know like me you fight the rights a bit, so it sounds like this is perfect for you. Avid watcher here!

With the Xtreme, I can keep the ball in play. I want to see if I can reduce the right to left ball flight that causes me to lose distance. We'll see how it works out.

That's what I'm hoping for with the B21. I want to hit the ball somewhat straighter and longer with reduced spin and less left to right ball flight.
Just line the face up with where you want the ball to go and put a confident swing on it.

I traded the stock stiff for a stock regular that's been cut an inch. I'll have it out this afternoon for at least 9. Hopefully it'll be a bit better for me. I do love the sound of it, let's just see if it brings me back to where I want to be off the drive.

As long as I put a confident, fast swing on it....it just goes. Any misses are just in the rough and not deep left or right. Just amazing.

Solidly in place as my favorite driver ever. Second place is a distant memory. I'm convinced I'm getting longer each time out. Yesterday, I hit a shot that while pulled offline some, a friend remarked it was probably the best drive he's ever seen me hit. Its a par 5 that off the tee dog legs left around a pond and trees line the water. I took a way more aggressive line than intended and almost covered it. Caught the top of the last tree, came straight down, able to punch out and make par.

Shot my best round in a long...long...time a 77 with 2 OB's (not driver related). This driver is creepy straight..just line up where you want to hit it, and fire away. The only thing I had to adjust to was the sound which is not loud on the contrary, it is a muffled click. I've been used to a loud crack or a baseball sound sound, that for a moment I thought something was wrong with the driver itself. This is just one exceptional driver!!

I got to take this to the course today. First round of the year; first swings of the year. Used the driver 7 times in 9 holes. All were in play. Hit 5 of 7 fairways and both misses were right but were playable.

Broke the B 21 out today in preparation for Wednesdays "step aside" tournament.
And just as I hoped it was back in the groove. I had a terrible round in early December and actually left after 15 holes, my swing was totally missing.
Came to find out later that week I had a A-fib episode that day, at least I didn't croak on the course.
Started back in March when the weather finally warmed a bit and needed to use my old Fusion driver for a few rounds. The last round I played Friday convinced me I needed to go back to the B 21. We will see this week if I got it all back together. I forgot how straight I hit this thing.

Definitely looking forward to getting this out on the course. I've been in an all out brawl with my irons, but every time I've hit this on the range the result has been really satisfying.

The BB21 is gone. Replaced by a Taylormade sim 2 max type d . The sim is just repeatable straight and deep . I t just gives me the confidence to take a rip at it and find the fairway which is far from any driver I have hit in years . The confidence to swing harder has also given me much needed yardage gain as much as 1-2 club less into greens has had a huge impact on my scoring .
gb

Well that B21 continues to be such a weapon for me. First round today and it was one of the few bright spots on the round. Don't get me wrong I can still miss right with it, but I have completely lost the sense of apprehension when I step up to the tee box. In fact, maybe slightly delusional, but I'm more surprised when I miss a fairway with this than when I hit the fairway. Still haven't found my distance from Florida, but I did have several that got out over 290 today 😀. Now just have to get the approach game reined in so I can take advantage of being in the fairway off the tee 🙄

Buddy of mine has one of these and loves it, so I demoed one this afternoon - RCH 55 Regular Flex 10.5, which seems about as close as I could get to my current Ventus Blue 6-R 10.5 RADSPEED XB setup.

I wasn’t a big fan of how the shaft felt - I think I just love the Ventus Blue - but the results were highly encouraging. I only sliced one shot out of about 30 or so, and I basically hit that one on the farthest part of the toe. More importantly I hit about 10 drives in a row where it was slightly left, slightly right, or straight, with plenty of distance most times (range balls sometimes have really funny ball flights). I started getting tired towards the end and hit a bunch left, but when I was making decent contact, the results were impressive.

I know that I do have a few drives each round that go way right, so I will have to see if I can borrow my friend’s B-21 and take it for a real spin sometime. I can think of at least a couple holes where this thing would really come in handy.

Last edited:
Pre-owned has them available!

Back