Callaway Releases Big Bertha B21 Driver

It’s adjustable to either a draw or neutral setting.
So from what you can tell, would I be able to set it neutral and deloft a 10.5 to 9.5 and maybe get it a degree or so open?

So from what you can tell, would I be able to set it neutral and deloft a 10.5 to 9.5 and maybe get it a degree or so open?

There’s a video on Callaway’s website about Optifit Adjustability. That may be helpful as it explains the adjustability including loft.

Sunday was another great day with the B21. Pulled driver 13 times on the day. Had 6 hits, 3 that missed by less than 5 yards, and 4 that were lousy. The nice thing was that 3 of the 4 misses were me just being foolish. I was driving the ball really well, and successfully played a purposeful draw the first time I tried. 3 of those 4 misses were me trying to work a shape, and just way overdoing it (as hackers like me tend to do). My distance is slowly coming back, as my P-ave on Sunday was 283, but I do wonder if playing these softer balls (AD333) is contributing to some distance loss. Definitely looking forward to my next outing, not sure when that will be though, but will definitely be putting some work in on the range to see if I can refine my ability to shape the ball.

Saw this thread pop up and wanted to share my current "progress" with the driver. About six weeks ago I managed to snag one of these, and although the honeymoon phase went well, currently I haven't been able to consistently hit it well enough for it to earn current gamer status just yet. This is definitely in the "user error" category - when I make decent contact with this, it definitely outdrives my current RADSPEED XB. I took it out to the range yesterday and for about 8 shots in a row it was absolutely incredible. My problem, however, is that I have a wicked tendency to pull this pretty far left, while with my XB I have been able to mostly keep it in the fairway, even if the ball flight isn't as good and the distance is less.

I have a lesson scheduled for tomorrow just to work on my driver swing with this club, and I'm confident with a few tweaks I'll be able to figure this one out - I just think I'm used to swinging a heaver, non-active shaft/tip. It still feels and sounds amazing on good hits, and I know the unicorn is hiding in this one - just need to figure out how to find it :).

So I went to my lesson today, and my instructor had me take one swing and immediately started chuckling. Turns out, apparently you're supposed to rotate your shoulders when you swing...who knew? :LOL:

Anyway, after he demonstrates rotating my shoulders and opening the club face up on the backswing (somehow without cocking my wrists, which I find difficult to avoid), I take another swing...and the ball goes about 260 yards and straight, easily the best drive I've had with this club. Sadly I wasn't able to replicate that result too often, but I definitely was hitting it much better then before, enough so that my instructor said if it was up to him, this should stay in my bag for a very long time.

Need to work with this club more on the range to fine tune what we went over, but I feel much better about having it in my bag now!

• Haha
Reactions: JB
How have people found this driver using the non stock shaft? I am thinking about putting a Atmos tour blue in mine and seeing how it matches up.

How have people found this driver using the non stock shaft? I am thinking about putting a Atmos tour blue in mine and seeing how it matches up.
I've got a UST Linq Gunmetal 6F5 in mine and it has been a marvel. I saw good results with the stock shaft as well but it was a very short time period before switching to the UST so I can't really say anything for comparison. I can say that an upgraded shaft put in to this does not diminish, and likely enhances, the effectiveness of this club.

I have a Kinetixx Velocity D30+ in mine and it's a monster. I never used the stock shaft, but the Velocity feels like it was made for this club. I've had good results with the Aldila Rogue White 130msi as well. It's super smooth, but nothing feels like that Kinetixx.

This driver is an absolute miracle worker! I don’t see this driver getting replaced…EVER!

This driver is an absolute miracle worker! I don’t see this driver getting replaced…EVER!
I keep looking at the RAD, ST-Z, Epic, etc., and the THP part of me wants to hit them all. I even flirted with a Tsi2 and it wasn't even close. The on course results with the B21 say that I should never hit another driver. It has all but eliminated the vast majority of my misses.

I had planned on posting in this thread this morning and decided to catch up on others comments since my last post in April.
To answer you question, I didn't do as well with the B 21 with the RCH shaft as I do now using the UST recoil f2 @ 43.5 inches. (yes, I'm an old fart) I have recoils in all my clubs with the exception of my Cleveland wedges and putter. It might be a "mind" thing but I feel the same shaft in all clubs allows for more consistency for me.
The reason I planned to post today is after almost a year since receiving the B 21 from THP (thanks again) it still continues to amaze. about 3 weeks ago a friend invited me to join him and his son at his son's club as a thank you. I had given him an XR driver and fairway wood I was no longer using.
I had one of the best driving rounds I've had this year and my only blow up was on a short par 4 that I came close to driving the green and ended up in a deep bunker just in front of the green that took 3 tries to get out of. I thought of laying up with a 3 metal but I was hitting the B 21 so well I went for it. I know, "save your bad decisions for the golf course" isn't just an Ad slogan. I shot a solid bogey round.
My second good news round took place in a Chicago suburb playing with my son and his FIL. The last time we played this course (signature Nicklaus course) I posted a 105 score and came home 6 balls lighter than I went with. This time was a different story, I tied his FIL at 88 on his home course of 20+ years and was only 2 strokes behind my son. The one big difference was this year I hit 12 of 14 fairways with the B 21 and what his FIL called my "Trevino fade".
With my previous driver I was hitting wide sweeping fades that I had to start way left to come back to center. Some shots worked but others either clipped a tree branch and fell short or I hit the "dreaded straight ball" and went deep in the woods, or I didn't start far enough left and rolled into the right rough. Now on most holes I can set up on the left side and fade to center and if I hit straight I'm still in the fairway, but on the left side.
With most of my driver problems resolved and my wedge and putter are working pretty good all I have to do is get some consistency on my approach and I should be golden........at least till the next round:p

Just drank the cool aid and ordered a the atmos ts blue to try in the thing and see how it goes. Fingers crossed I ordered the right shaft. I had been previously fitted into this shaft so hopefully it will match up nicely with this head.

I am back in the B21 driver , I found a shaft that works for me . I picked up a Project x Hzrdus Smoke green 5.5 and plugged it in and Bingo ! Now it is a true fairway finder for me and perhaps consistently the longest driver I have hit in years. I am not scared heading to the tee box on tight long holes now , confidence is high.
gb

Last edited:
Had a super Sunday round yesterday with the B21. Really enjoying the consistency of this driver. Surprises me sometimes on how far I hit it. Gotta be careful on the dog legs, as I've run out of fairway a few times with this bomber. Nice problem to have. :love:

I had mine adjusted to the draw setting and +2. Really liking the trajectory, flight and distance.

I have my B21 at the default settings. I started slicing the ball routinely after neck surgery and have been fairly successful resolving that with a stronger grip and focusing on an inside out club path. But since I do struggle occasionally was considering adjusting to the draw setting? I am already at 10.5 degrees and don’t need any more loft so not planning on going up, just switch to the draw setting. Anyone made just that change and if so what was your experience?

I have my B21 at the default settings. I started slicing the ball routinely after neck surgery and have been fairly successful resolving that with a stronger grip and focusing on an inside out club path. But since I do struggle occasionally was considering adjusting to the draw setting? I am already at 10.5 degrees and don’t need any more loft so not planning on going up, just switch to the draw setting. Anyone made just that change and if so what was your experience?

I had mine adjusted to the draw setting, but I also went +2 after consulting with my club pro and discussing trajectory and ball flight. I have noticed a difference in the draw setting. I'm hitting less of a fade. I'm going to stick with this setting combination for awhile.

Well I've been raving about this club since I got it, so it's only fair that I report poor results (although in all fairness it was probably just a me issue). I played Monday at one of my favorite courses and just couldn't get along with the B21 on the front 9. First tee shot of the day was just a poor strike, but my penalty shot was well struck down the middle (great post-penalty shot golfer :LOL:). Second drive was nice, push draw that started out too far right but was safely in the rough. Really got wonky with my next four drives though. Three were the high spinny fades I despise, and then a duck hook on #9. Things did turn around at the turn as fairways were hit on 5 of the last 6 drives, with the lone miss being the big hook I'm prone to when specifically trying to hit a draw. That entire round was a mess, but I'd be lying if I didn't say it was a relief that the B21 (or me) behaved on the back.

Same for me. My fitter put me in D and +2 also. Hitting it straight, so not going to mess with it.

I'm hitting it longer, with a higher trajectory and significantly less fade. I smile when I think of the fact that I hit a fade with the club set in the draw setting.:):):):)

I had mine adjusted to the draw setting and +2. Really liking the trajectory, flight and distance.
I am in the same setting as well. Works best for me

This is the best driver ever made! There…I said it!

I gave a newcomer to the game friend my B21 Driver. I put the RCH shaft back in it for him and he is a slow speed swinger with a big slice. The farthest I have ever seen him drive the ball was 200ish with his boxed set driver. He hit 2 or 3 the first day out that went well pst 210. One was about 225-230. This is a really good driver.

Back