JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
For years, there was a thought that women’s golf equipment was nothing more than taking a current product, adding some pink or purple to it, and labeling it as “ladies”. While much of it was true, last year Callaway introduced the REVA line of clubs, which was specifically engineered after research into the women’s game.

2r-1024x692.jpg

Following the REVA clubs successful launch, next week, the Callaway REVA golf balls will hit store shelves.

Designed specifically for increase in distance and to launch the ball higher, the REVA golf balls are slightly oversized, yet still conform to the rules of golf...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like the Callaway Max ball re-branded for woman. Curious if it is less oversized than the Max. I hate when they add pink to a woman's ball, it makes it more difficult for a senior male golfer to play it.

This might be a good ball to try in the cold spring/fall months.

So is this like the Bridgestone Lady Precept e6? And are more men going to play this ball like they do the Lady Precept e6?

Interesting, Is this another version of the Magna marketed to women??

Thanks for the info @Jman. It honestly sounds very similar to the old Hex Softs (minus being a bit bigger) that I've grown to love. It looks like a great winter ball for those that want something soft, or a great 2 piece soft distance style ball.

Anyone have the specs on these, especially the size? The Max's are 1.73 inches diameter. Are the Reva's the same or not as large?

Marketing 101.... it's a ball

Saying that is like saying a 2021 Corvette is the same as a 2021 Prius. They’re both cars right?
Both get you to point A and B!

Will have to check into these for my wife. But I do hope they have pink, or she won’t be interested.

Without doubt there is. And that’s from a high handicap guy.
If you feel that there is a substantial difference and the ball works for you, great.

I'll definitely need to check these out, I love my Reva clubs.

Will have to check into these for my wife. But I do hope they have pink, or she won’t be interested.
Ditto on this one.... although I just got her to try the DuoSoft (pink of course) after a few years of playing Callaway’s (also pink)... she likes that she’s seeing more distance with the DuoSoft, but the jury is still out around the greens...

I'll definitely need to check these out, I love my Reva clubs.
Send @GolferGal a PM with full name and shipping address and we are going to send you a dozen. Just post your thoughts on this thread when you try them out.

Just a nice perk of the Albatross Club, ya never know when testing will take place.

Wow - thank you. Will definitely do a review.

I may have to try these. I'm really enjoying the Bridgestone E12 Contacts right now though.
Wow - thank you. Will definitely do a review.
Can't wait to hear your thoughts on this one.

Do you think a ball like the Reva or Supersoft is the same as a ball like the Tour B XS or Z-Star XV?
From what I understand, the Reva and the Supersport MAX are the same ball, just a different package and color options. That's not to say it's bad....more options for golfers which is great

Played the mens Max yesterday with a friend. it has no feel and no spin on the green, I find it short. My friend hit bombs off the tee. He did well with irons. Chipping was tough due to the lack of spin and a very light feel. Putting is tricky due to the light feel. I think it's a unique ball worth trying just in case it helps, especially for ladies.

Reva Ball Review - First Impressions.
First let me say the Supersoft Max and the Reva are the same ball. The ball is 3% larger that the usual Callaway ball, although it is hard to tell in this picture that shows the Reva along side the Supersoft.
Reva Max.jpg

During a recent on course lesson I hit my usual Supersoft and the Reva from the same position on the fairway. First impression is the flight of the Reva may be slightly higher but not significantly. I did have fewer miss hits with the Reva, but that may be that my coach would always correct my swing/setup flaws on the second hit if I had miss hit the ball. I didn't detect any difference in the feel or sound of the ball off any club or on the green.
Playing tomorrow and Saturday so I'll have more information later on.

Back