Callaway Rogue ST MAX Fairways

Has anyone compared the 425 Max to the Rogue ST Max? I hit my Ping well but it feels really light and whippy and my Rogue ST Max driver got me thinking
Seriously though, the distance of these is pretty unreal. Fell is top notch and looks are PERFECT. Callaway hit absolute homeruns with the fairway line. I really hope more people give these a shot because they are a criminally underrated part of this lineup this year!
I haven't tried the Ping but all I can say is what I mentioned in my post above. And you have a Rogue driver. These are as good as that. You won't regret it if you do it 😁

I haven't tried the Ping but all I can say is what I mentioned in my post above. And you have a Rogue driver. These are as good as that. You won't regret it if you do it 😁
I may try and snag a preowned one but so far I haven’t really found any! I wish I tried them during my fitting in the soring

I may try and snag a preowned one but so far I haven’t really found any! I wish I tried them during my fitting in the soring
The woods are such a great release this year. I absolutely love my 5w and can’t think of a single wood I’ve ever owned that I’d change it for.

What more can I say about the 5 wood, it’s by far the most exciting club in my bag as when I set up to a ball I know the result will be good. It’s absolutely a rocket that lands quite softly when I cut across it. I’ve gone to using it solely off the fairway and the 3w as a tee alternative when the driver will take me too far and bring trouble into play. I have a really easy time to elevate the 5w off the fairway and light rough, it makes long approaches and second shots into Par 5’s a confident shot and not one I find myself worried about messing up. The 3w doesn’t treat me quite the same but I’ll use it if the ball is setting nicely in the fairway or first cut to pick up a lot of yardage in a hurry where as the 5w is more predictable for shape and yardage. The 3w is a great tee club that I can get some great roll out of if needed or tee it up a bit more to kill it on landing when a fairway runs out and I need to stop. The only slight on these is the adjustable hosel to make shaft swaps simple if you have a absolute favorite shaft you move fairway to fairway as well as make slight adjustments if your game changes over the season or two.

Some of my best shots from my last round were with the 3HL
Screenshot_20220706-192027_Garmin Golf.jpg
Screenshot_20220706-192111_Garmin Golf.jpg
Screenshot_20220706-192720_Garmin Golf.jpg

Aaaaaand also my worst one 😆
Screenshot_20220706-192733_Garmin Golf.jpg

I have the Max D 3 wood and at first it was the hardest club in the bag to hit for me. The face was small for what I’m used to, but I’ve never been good with 3 woods. I was hitting the top of the face and sometimes half of the crown.

I also have a big right miss with my driver but more of a straight shot with my 3 wood. So there was almost too much left in it. However as time has progressed this has become the biggest unsung hero of my bag.

My ball flight recently has been an absolute missle, usually a high riser into the wind, or a nice right draw that can reach 270 range. I still can miss it big left but usually it’s so low that it doesn’t have a chance to get OB.

the look is absolutely immaculate. Just like the driver. IMO the Rogue Callaway Driver and Fairway lineup is the best this year by far.

I foresee this being the most used club in my bag once it continues to get dialed in. I’ve really considered going to a 7 wood in this line as well but I’m still honeymooning with my UW.

The woods are such a great release this year. I absolutely love my 5w and can’t think of a single wood I’ve ever owned that I’d change it for.
This is awesome feedback! I’ll have to keep my eyes open for one

I'm completely bailing on the UW. Its trade bait now and with the 50% trade allowance along with 3 other clubs. This is available locally at DSG in 3 wood with Tensei Blue S at 15 degrees. I'm tempted..... someone push me over the edge.

I'm completely bailing on the UW. Its trade bait now and with the 50% trade allowance along with 3 other clubs. This is available locally at DSG in 3 wood with Tensei Blue S at 15 degrees. I'm tempted..... someone push me over the edge.

Unable to go wrong with these. Have the Max in 3&5 and have a post closer to the top of the page but these have amazing speed off the face and depending what you’re looking for they all but likely have it.

I'm looking for a back up tee club that I can use when the driver isn't going well. I might have to hit it off the deck but I hit my 3H at 18 degrees so well I don't imagine it will get much use off the deck.

I'm looking for a back up tee club that I can use when the driver isn't going well. I might have to hit it off the deck but I hit my 3H at 18 degrees so well I don't imagine it will get much use off the deck.
3’s perfect for that I have the Max and have no issues off the tee with it. I know @MattyD-MPLS has the Max D and is a stick so it’s not necessary for a anti slice purpose and it also has a added degree. Then there is the LS that knocks down the spin if you struggle with too much in that part of the bag.

You won’t regret it

3’s perfect for that I have the Max and have no issues off the tee with it. I know @MattyD-MPLS has the Max D and is a stick so it’s not necessary for a anti slice purpose and it also has a added degree. Then there is the LS that knocks down the spin if you struggle with too much in that part of the bag.
I spin high but this club I'll take that. A little extra spin will help me keep in in the fairway or land softer. This is a bail out club.

I spin high but this club I'll take that. A little extra spin will help me keep in in the fairway or land softer. This is a bail out club.
The max does a great job of this for me, the Max D when I tested had quite a bit more on it than the Max. Max is a sweet spot I’d guess for you then. So what are we waiting for 🤣

The max does a great job of this for me, the Max D when I tested had quite a bit more on it than the Max. Max is a sweet spot I’d guess for you then. So what are we waiting for 🤣
They open at 9. My eyes will open at some point during the day tomorrow hahaha I'm gonna do it. Its a part of the bag that needs addressed. Heading to Myrtle next weekend and I'm gonna need a back up option. The Shaft Up Rogue ST driver kinda leads me in this direction to match them up as well.

They open at 9. My eyes will open at some point during the day tomorrow hahaha I'm gonna do it. Its a part of the bag that needs addressed. Heading to Myrtle next weekend and I'm gonna need a back up option. The Shaft Up Rogue ST driver kinda leads me in this direction to match them up as well.
Oh I know, may I interest you to a Lin-Q Red or Blue depending on what you fit into 😁. Danny will get you all hooked up in the Driver and I’ll guarantee he’ll give you outstanding advice on the best fit to go into the 3w as well.

Getting fit into the Max D 3 wood was a big shock but I lean on a 3 wood for the first time in my life with it.

The shallow face will allow you to hit it when you need more fire power than the 3H

Oh I know, may I interest you to a Lin-Q Red or Blue depending on what you fit into 😁. Danny will get you all hooked up in the Driver and I’ll guarantee he’ll give you outstanding advice on the best fit to go into the 3w as well.
He doesn’t realize it but iron shafts will be a rather important discussion for the upcoming Apex or HMPs.

Same boat. I already have one on order from Callaway. Need to ship the UW back to them...

Road work limited travel today. They have 3 Max in stiff so it should be there tomorrow. Went to the simulator today and had a chance to hit it. Does exactly what I need it to do. Tensei blue which I have gotten along with in the past. 240
Carry. I was able to back my 3H to its standard 19 degrees and move the G425 to 23 degrees. It changed my set up and fixed the gaps. It’s a sure thing for the bag.

Road work limited travel today. They have 3 Max in stiff so it should be there tomorrow. Went to the simulator today and had a chance to hit it. Does exactly what I need it to do. Tensei blue which I have gotten along with in the past. 240
Carry. I was able to back my 3H to its standard 19 degrees and move the G425 to 23 degrees. It changed my set up and fixed the gaps. It’s a sure thing for the bag.
Great to hear it’s working out like you hoped.

Because we’re all tinkerers and curious to try new things, @93civiccpe and I made a small trade. He was struggling with the 3+ LS and mentioned that he wanted to try the 15° instead. This was shortly after I joked to @vgolfman that they needed to come out with a 12° as like a mini driver in a fairway wood head. He mentioned that I needed to try the 13.5° 3+ and little did he know that I was already thinking about that.

Anyway, I offered to switch heads with him so he could have the 15°, and I could make a mini driver out of the 13.5°. Seemed like something that could work out for both of us because I don’t really need a 3w for off the deck. Clearly the hybrid is plenty long for what I play, and I was looking for the wind beater off the tee, which I figured the 3+ could provide.

We made the switch and @xThor hooked me up with a heavier weight since I have the counterbalanced Tensei Orange and figured the added headweight would help with that flat flight. This experiment has been a resounding success!!

This thing fires some head high missiles that just never drop. I’m not really losing any carry distance either but it rolls out like no one’s business and is untouched by any wind I’ve played in. Am I able to hit the high draw with it?? Not like I could with the 15°, but that was a sacrifice I was willing to make. I needed a wind beater for off the tee when I want to get it on the ground and still have the roll.

Surprisingly, I can still launch this thing off the deck too, which I did not expect. I’ve only had to do it once, but I found out that I can.

I haven’t been as good about tracking these shots because they’re usually into the wind and don’t really tell the full story. This one was the first round I had it, and it stood out because this was into a pretty strong wind into and off the right, and the 3+ just flew right under it. Thank you @93civiccpe and I’m going to listen to any and all suggestions @vgolfman has since he seems pretty knowledgeable about this whole equipment thing!

8498DBB8-9B75-4F11-ACAC-2D8688F17760.jpeg

Because we’re all tinkerers and curious to try new things, @93civiccpe and I made a small trade. He was struggling with the 3+ LS and mentioned that he wanted to try the 15° instead. This was shortly after I joked to @vgolfman that they needed to come out with a 12° as like a mini driver in a fairway wood head. He mentioned that I needed to try the 13.5° 3+ and little did he know that I was already thinking about that.

Anyway, I offered to switch heads with him so he could have the 15°, and I could make a mini driver out of the 13.5°. Seemed like something that could work out for both of us because I don’t really need a 3w for off the deck. Clearly the hybrid is plenty long for what I play, and I was looking for the wind beater off the tee, which I figured the 3+ could provide.

We made the switch and @xThor hooked me up with a heavier weight since I have the counterbalanced Tensei Orange and figured the added headweight would help with that flat flight. This experiment has been a resounding success!!

This thing fires some head high missiles that just never drop. I’m not really losing any carry distance either but it rolls out like no one’s business and is untouched by any wind I’ve played in. Am I able to hit the high draw with it?? Not like I could with the 15°, but that was a sacrifice I was willing to make. I needed a wind beater for off the tee when I want to get it on the ground and still have the roll.

Surprisingly, I can still launch this thing off the deck too, which I did not expect. I’ve only had to do it once, but I found out that I can.

I haven’t been as good about tracking these shots because they’re usually into the wind and don’t really tell the full story. This one was the first round I had it, and it stood out because this was into a pretty strong wind into and off the right, and the 3+ just flew right under it. Thank you @93civiccpe and I’m going to listen to any and all suggestions @vgolfman has since he seems pretty knowledgeable about this whole equipment thing!

View attachment 9102724
In to the wind with a 3+ and you're hitting farther than I hit my driver...Like I said in the driver thread

Back