Callaway Rogue ST MAX Fairways

Because we’re all tinkerers and curious to try new things, @93civiccpe and I made a small trade. He was struggling with the 3+ LS and mentioned that he wanted to try the 15° instead. This was shortly after I joked to @vgolfman that they needed to come out with a 12° as like a mini driver in a fairway wood head. He mentioned that I needed to try the 13.5° 3+ and little did he know that I was already thinking about that.

Anyway, I offered to switch heads with him so he could have the 15°, and I could make a mini driver out of the 13.5°. Seemed like something that could work out for both of us because I don’t really need a 3w for off the deck. Clearly the hybrid is plenty long for what I play, and I was looking for the wind beater off the tee, which I figured the 3+ could provide.

We made the switch and @xThor hooked me up with a heavier weight since I have the counterbalanced Tensei Orange and figured the added headweight would help with that flat flight. This experiment has been a resounding success!!

This thing fires some head high missiles that just never drop. I’m not really losing any carry distance either but it rolls out like no one’s business and is untouched by any wind I’ve played in. Am I able to hit the high draw with it?? Not like I could with the 15°, but that was a sacrifice I was willing to make. I needed a wind beater for off the tee when I want to get it on the ground and still have the roll.

Surprisingly, I can still launch this thing off the deck too, which I did not expect. I’ve only had to do it once, but I found out that I can.

I haven’t been as good about tracking these shots because they’re usually into the wind and don’t really tell the full story. This one was the first round I had it, and it stood out because this was into a pretty strong wind into and off the right, and the 3+ just flew right under it. Thank you @93civiccpe and I’m going to listen to any and all suggestions @vgolfman has since he seems pretty knowledgeable about this whole equipment thing!

View attachment 9102724

Another largely successful round with the max 3HL
Screenshot_20220710-200459_Garmin Golf.jpg
Screenshot_20220710-192525_Garmin Golf.jpg

Just want to say that I won the long drive hole today in a money game...with my 5w. 256 yards. I can't say it enough that it's a freaking rocket! Granted, a couple guys hit farther than me, but they missed the fairway. So the 5w is a rocket and it's accurate. EFF YES!

Last edited:
Just want to say that I won the long drive hole today in a money game...with my 5w. 256 yards. I can't say it enough that it's a freaking rocket! Granted a couple guys hit farther than me, but they missed the fairway. So the 5w is a rocket and it's accurate. EFF YES!
Nice, did you know what you needed to beat or was that your plan going in?

Nice, did you know what you needed to beat or was that your plan going in?
I was first group so I had no idea what was going to happen. It's a hole that if I fade at all with my driver, I'm screwed and in water so I always hit my 5w here. You run out of room quickly on the right too so anything but a perfect driver swing wouldn't have hit fairway.

Wasn't going to change my strategy just to try to win long drive. Ended up piping it and it was right down the middle and that was the winner anyway lol

I have been playing the Rogue ST Max Heavenwood for a few weeks. It has been a very good performer for me.

Looking to replace my Mavrik Max 3W with a Rogue ST "4W". Either a 3W or 3HL. This will be a fun little project! Can't wait to see which head I need and let it rip! There is a pretty solid plan to fix the top end of my bag.

Last edited:
Looking to replace my Mavrik Max 3W with a Rogue ST 4W. This will be a fun little project! Can't wait to see which head I need and let it rip! There is a pretty solid plan to fix the top end of my bag.
What’s driving the switch from 3W to 4W?

Struggled IMMENSLY with driver this weekend. Anytime I was smart and fell back to my 5w, I was regularly hitting farther and straighter than my driver. That's how much pop are in these things. I really really wish I could just put driver away some days instead of convince myself "this time will be different". I would have enjoyed the round and played sooooo much better if I'd done that. 5w is essentially point and shoot at this point

Love this 5w in the Rogue ST Max, absolutely a comfort club to gain large chunks on long Par 5’s as well as a scoring club on a short to mid Par 5. Looks of these with the matte top looks so, sooo good. Another often forgotten aspect of woods is the faces wear from use over time but the C300 face shows no abuse from torn up range balls or grit from the course like my previous Mizuno’s showed on the face that marked up quickly. The fangs that provide consistent speed across the face seem to be doing there job as the dispersion with this club is outstanding from a high cappers perspective.

These woods are by far the easiest and most consistent woods I have ever hit PERIOD. The ease of hitting the 5 is incredible and after a considerable amount of time spent at the range today I’ve found my groove and ability to hit these off the tee to a consistent constant number for any courses in my future that may require that to avoid said sand traps or waste areas possibly. The looks down by the ball are incredible and my biggest fear going into this year would be my ability to hit woods with a shallow face as I always thought them to be a harder club to hit in the past but these are so much easier to hit and control than last years especially the 3w. I’ve grown fond of these a being able to gain large chunks of yardage at a time and am loving how fast the ball comes off the face. These will be constants in my own and others bags for years to come down the road as they perform without question and do what is asked of them. Couldn’t be happier with the setup of the regular Max and Lin-Q Red shafts in them are a perfect match that can’t be explained and will leave you wanting your own once you try them.

There are two fairly challenging par 5’s at my home course with trouble down the left side in the form of flooded mine shafts. Today I put myself in position to attack the green with the LS 3 wood. Both holes were into the wind with decent carry over trouble. I bailed out right a bit on #7 and left myself with a 20 yard chip. Blasted one on 13 to the edge of the green and had a great look at eagle. Even with the Tensei White shaft in the LS head, the 3 wood is super easy to launch.
868C61A9-9EB7-4230-97FD-EA9B2FBEE73B.jpeg
E976A2C4-4FAB-49F7-9E68-5D4D9B939AE9.jpeg

Took the 3W out for it's maiden round and all I can say is damn. Only hit it on the course once, but from swing one on the range I really like this FW. After warming up, I grabbed it and started hitting shots off the deck with it (grass driving range). From the first shot I was just lacing it. Hit a handful more on the range, with much the same result, and headed to the course. On one of the reachable par 5s, I left myself out in the right rough. To get to the green I needed to hit a fade uphill around a tree. Way out of my 3H range for that lie and shot. Grabbed this 3W, aimed at the greenside trap and let her rip. Didn't quite make the green, but did everything I was trying to do. Got around the tree and left myself with a decent chip & birdie attempt.

I know it's probably just the honeymoon, but I was shocked at how easy this 3W is to hit off the deck. I haven't even tried it off the tee yet, as I really did get it for attacking par 5s in two. I will rotate in a 4I for certain courses (mostly league, no need for a 3W there really), but so looking forward to gaming this thing and seeing if I can use it to put myself in some more scoring positions!

So I think I finally found a 3w I can actually hit..
A6B90C11-2510-4BE0-8D45-1131EB9F2E92.jpeg

Amazingly enough today was the first time I ever swung a Callaway fairway wood (or driver for that matter) both were seriously impressive.

View attachment 9115907

Amazingly enough today was the first time I ever swung a Callaway fairway wood (or driver for that matter) both were seriously impressive.

I think these are the best Callaway Fairways to date

Just hit my 5w for the first time yesterday at the range and all I can say is “Wow!” If this transfers at all to the course, I’ve definitely got a new weapon in the bag. Love it, love it love it!

View attachment 9115907

Can I have them back now please 🤣

I can't wait to get some rounds in with my Rogue LS 3HL. It's the perfect gapping for me right now

I can't wait to get some rounds in with my Rogue LS 3HL. It's the perfect gapping for me right now
I have the 3HL and I love it! I originally had the Epic Max 3 wood 15* but I wasn’t as consistent with it. I’m getting about 250-260 yards with the Roque HL. I have a Ventus Blue Velacore in it at 44” long. A few weeks ago I was 265 out on a par 5 and knocked up onto the green with my 2nd shot.

Absolutely love this 5w. Is a absolute rocket that makes it a ease to take off the fairway or lighter rough. Easy to elevate and is reliable in both distance and shot shape.

Absolutely love this 5w. Is a absolute rocket that makes it a ease to take off the fairway or lighter rough. Easy to elevate and is reliable in both distance and shot shape.
Sooooo easy to elevate! When my friends struggle with fairways, I urge them to give these a try!

Warning: may cause reckless overconfidence.

Back