Callaway Rogue ST MAX Fairways

Sooooo easy to elevate! When my friends struggle with fairways, I urge them to give these a try!

Warning: may cause reckless overconfidence.
Definitely I’ve tried some ill advised shots on Par 5’s trying to cut tree lined corners 🤣

I saw the most ridiculous 5 wood shot I've ever. And then the 3 wood within 20 feet every time.
I should have taken a picture of that 210ish and very small window between the trees shot. I remember us looking around after I hit it because we heard something hit the ground after the shot. We're looking around on ground 20ft in front of us and @Muchmore18 is like, is that your ball up in rough by the green.

I should have taken a picture of that 210ish and very small window between the trees shot. I remember us looking around after I hit it because we heard something hit the ground after the shot. We're looking around on ground 20ft in front of us and @Muchmore18 is like, is that your ball up in rough by the green.

I have to give the 5 wood another shot. Love the 3 wood but me and the 5 need some more time together.

I have to give the 5 wood another shot. Love the 3 wood but me and the 5 need some more time together.
It’s a you thing 😝🤣

I will say again, I like the max 3w and 5w very much.
@e1iterate @Davidhibler @Nappy @AnthonyC @Muchmore18 saw some good hits with those weapons in Myrtle.
Unreal shots. 95% GIR with fairways is ridiculous lol

I've finally gotten comfortable with the 3w. 5w has been pure fire all year but the 3w was off an on with more tops and thins than anything else. It's still not as automatic as the 5w but it's getting there. Nothing has changed except more familiarity with looking down on it and trusting the swing. These are without a doubt the best fairways overall, that I've put in to play.

I've finally gotten comfortable with the 3w. 5w has been pure fire all year but the 3w was off an on with more tops and thins than anything else. It's still not as automatic as the 5w but it's getting there. Nothing has changed except more familiarity with looking down on it and trusting the swing. These are without a doubt the best fairways overall, that I've put in to play.
Fiiiiinally!!! 🔥

I got to hit @Golfers Anonymous 3W again tonight and put it right up against my STZ 3W and it wasn't a fluke. I was hitting my 3w terribly, I couldn't get it in the air and on the few I did find the face on wasn't anywhere near the line I was aiming for. I figured the fairway wood swing just wasn't with me tonight and thought it was a good opportunity to prove to myself it was the Indian and not the arrow.

I grabbed his 3W and hit 3 or 4 shots in the dead center of the face again that elevated nicely and had a beautiful 10y fade. It was 100% the arrow.

In my mind, I can't understand how these two clubs can perform so differently. I'm still trying to work that out in my head.

My current rehab set goes driver - 4hybrid - 6 iron, so when I played a few days ago i wanted to bring something to fill the gap between driver and hybrid. I grabbed the Rogue ST LS 3+ with an Obama Kiyoshi Purple out of my garage and put it in my bag. Got to like hole 7 (par 5) and went to grab it for a second shot, only to realize I didn’t have a grip on it lol. Idiot move of the day there.
so I didn’t get to hit it.

but I did hit my buddies 3hl with a Ventus blue in it, and it is still just an absolute cannon.

Apparently I can't hit the 3HL in the Rogue ST Max and the Rogue ST LS. I know the LS has a deeper face than the Max and is a little more neutral. I currently use the Mavrik Max 3W and my miss is a hook. I'm thinking the Rogue ST LS 3HL, but I've not ever hit a 3W with a deeper face.

Any advice?

I recently pulled the Rogue ST LS 5 wood out of the bag and put in a Rogue ST LS 3HL which is fitting that spot much better! (Thanks @xThor !!). The Rogue Pro 3 hybrid and 5 wood were too close in distance. I'm going to go out soon and play the 3HL off the tee the entire round to build more confidence on course as it has been spectacular at the range!

I got to hit @Golfers Anonymous 3W again tonight and put it right up against my STZ 3W and it wasn't a fluke. I was hitting my 3w terribly, I couldn't get it in the air and on the few I did find the face on wasn't anywhere near the line I was aiming for. I figured the fairway wood swing just wasn't with me tonight and thought it was a good opportunity to prove to myself it was the Indian and not the arrow.

I grabbed his 3W and hit 3 or 4 shots in the dead center of the face again that elevated nicely and had a beautiful 10y fade. It was 100% the arrow.

In my mind, I can't understand how these two clubs can perform so differently. I'm still trying to work that out in my head.

I tried to steal it in Myrtle. I hit it side by side with mine, and the results were... pretty good. lol.

Now if I can just find the funds to have him build me an exact replica...

I recently pulled the Rogue ST LS 5 wood out of the bag and put in a Rogue ST LS 3HL which is fitting that spot much better! (Thanks @xThor !!). The Rogue Pro 3 hybrid and 5 wood were too close in distance. I'm going to go out soon and play the 3HL off the tee the entire round to build more confidence on course as it has been spectacular at the range!

What I wanted to hear!!!

Apparently I can't hit the 3HL in the Rogue ST Max and the Rogue ST LS. I know the LS has a deeper face than the Max and is a little more neutral. I currently use the Mavrik Max 3W and my miss is a hook. I'm thinking the Rogue ST LS 3HL, but I've not ever hit a 3W with a deeper face.

Any advice?
I would say don't be afraid of the deeper face. Until these fairways, my favorite fairway of all time had a super deep face and it was automatic from any lie and on the tee. It also gives you confidence looking down on the ball seeing all the area that you have to hit the ball 😅

3w has turned in to another weapon in the bag. A weapon that I don't use as often since I still tee off with the 5w more, but ready to use regardless. There is a par 5 on my course that I rarely have a look at to birdie because I just can't get in to a spot to pull out scoring club after my second shot. That had to do with my struggles with the 3w and attempting to do too much with my 5w at times. The last three times I've played this hole, I've had a great look at the green because the 3w fired a rocket down the fairway. It took me most of the year but the two fairway wood rotation is completely back!

I would say don't be afraid of the deeper face. Until these fairways, my favorite fairway of all time had a super deep face and it was automatic from any lie and on the tee. It also gives you confidence looking down on the ball seeing all the area that you have to hit the ball 😅

Thanks!

Ordering the Rogue ST LS 3HL w/Tensei White 75g X Stiff this week. Can't freaking wait! Big thanks to @xThor for his opinion on the matter along with @Muchmore18 and @93civiccpe

Ordering the Rogue ST LS 3HL w/Tensei White 75g X Stiff this week. Can't freaking wait! Big thanks to @xThor for his opinion on the matter along with @Muchmore18 and @93civiccpe
The Rogue ST LS 3HL is really working well for me. Off the tee it is a reliable 240-245 club for me and I'm getting more confident with it off the fairway. Thank you again @xThor !!

Back