Callaway Rogue ST MAX Hybrids and Irons

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
What some may not realize, Callaway has been consistently at the top of the game in terms of sales when it comes to both hybrids and irons, and the Rogue/Mavrik release cycle has always been a significant reason for that. However, as is the case with the drivers and fairway releases of the Rogue line today, don’t make the mistake of thinking this is any kind of filler release, this has all the technology and then some which Callaway possesses. 

Speed is the name of the game here, though there are some twists which are sure to surprise.

Callaway Rogue ST MAX Hybrids

This is what Callaway is calling their fastest family of hybrids yet, and it’s done with some very cool internal technology. ...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was looking for new irons, the Pro model would be my preferred choice, but I like the overall look of all of them

Hybrids, not so much, but I have never been a fan of hybrids for a long time based on results when I have hit them during fittings

Interested to hear about this iron line from the guys that got fit into them at the GD.

The Rogue and Mavrik Pros were interesting, and this one seems like a logical continuation of them. I know a couple guys from the previous GD got fit into the Mav Pros, so curious about that on these. I'm sure they'll show up in some bags here because they really move the ball in a pretty attractive package.

The Lites are a nice offering.

Ok I could see those ST Max irons in my bag easy. Nice looks and sounds like they are packed with forgiveness. Hybrids look good too, but the irons are the most intriguing.

Two Pros (@93civiccpe, @xThor) and a Max (myself) from this group. The Pro’s are absolutely gorgeous in hand. When we first seen them at HQ I don’t believe anyone didn’t gasp and start talking immediately about them. I tested both on the range and I could play the Pros without much hesitation but I’d be giving up quite a bit in the distance you gained vs the Max or Max OS. The left to right was close maybe the Pros had a little more tail off towards the end but the Max were incredibly straight and that combined with the distance is in large part why I went that route.

The pros look amazing! Can't wait to hear more from the GD team!

The hybrids were also really incredible to hit. I went OS because it refused to go left or right and was a rocket so that made the choice easier at the fitting vs the Max which was no slouch either just the OS allowed for stupid amounts of forgiveness which I thought was great if looking to hit a ball that far and would have to worry about one less thing.

Rogue ST Pro Hybrid Review

The Rogue ST lineup as a whole kills it with the matte black crown. At address, the Pro hybrid definitely has a neutral/draw biased appearance, which worried me at first as someone who likes a more open clubface, but the tech inside causes it to perform like a fade biased hybrid thanks to the tungsten placed in the toe. The feel is very solid and powerful. The hybrid fits in really well with the new fairway and driver lineup. It feels hot and the ball speed confirms that!

Performance: So easy to manipulate the trajectory and shape shots. Love the tungsten weight in the toe, which is why it performs like a fade biased hybrid. For someone who struggles with missing left, this feature gives me full confidence that I can swing at it without fear of hitting a pull or high, hot hook. This hybrid is very fast off the club face just like the rest of the line. To prove what I mean, the last shot I hit at ECPC had a carry of 252 with a 20° hybrid and still has plenty of stopping power. This was EXACTLY what I was looking for in the gap between my fairway and 4 iron. I needed a 250 carry for longer par 5s, but I can just as easily hit it with a high fade to go 240 with no rollout. Super versatile and will definitely be a fixture in my bag to help me attack longer par 5 with difficult greens. Only thing I haven’t had the chance to test yet was how it performs out of the rough.

How about those pro irons? Talk about taking a preconception of a line of irons looks wise and turning it in its head. :oops:

Well my goodness Callaway just seems to have brought it this release year. I’ll have to dive back in multiple times to read this information because my mind is in overload right now. ThosePro’s are gorgeous!!!

The Pro irons could be a sneaky good choice. I really like the look just not 💯 on the hollow body. The lofts matching those looks have me curious.

The ST Max look quite good to my eye, and granted not full details but that price point is really good.

Love the shape of the pro. I much prefer the wood shaped hybrids.
The Pro irons also look great. Might be above my skill level, but I'd certainly swing them to find out

I love the Pros. I love them so much!!! They look freaking fantastic in-hand and at address (so good). I ended up going another direction at my fitting (Apex Pros), but these look incredible, sound great, and perform well. Maybe I’ll have room for a Rogue 3 pr 4 iron at some point 😁

Holy offset batman. The distance from the shaft/hostel to face is more putter like than iron like!

So, to me, I see the Rogue Max Pro, and it immediately reminds me of the Apex Pro. Then, I look at the price, and I am again reminded of the Apex haha. Can you guys break down the differences? To me, at first glance, if I were in the market, I would immediately gravitate towards the forged model and spend a few extra $$.

I don't need hybrids as I love mine but these do look good.
The irons, :oops: the pro model looks great and will be a hot seller but unless you need that offset the rest are a pass for me. The tech does sound great in them though and want to hear from the guys who will be playing them from the G team.

Two Pros (@93civiccpe, @xThor) and a Max (myself) from this group. The Pro’s are absolutely gorgeous in hand. When we first seen them at HQ I don’t believe anyone didn’t gasp and start talking immediately about them. I tested both on the range and I could play the Pros without much hesitation but I’d be giving up quite a bit in the distance you gained vs the Max or Max OS. The left to right was close maybe the Pros had a little more tail off towards the end but the Max were incredibly straight and that combined with the distance is in large part why I went that route.

Thanks for the information as to who is playing what irons.

Well my goodness Callaway just seems to have brought it this release year. I’ll have to dive back in multiple times to read this information because my mind is in overload right now. ThosePro’s are gorgeous!!!
At first I was like, I like them, but they look, eh, but the more I look at them, the more I really like the look of them.

I have been hearing about the look of the Pros. Looks like its a hybrid between a muscle back and a players iron. Hard ponder for me.

Question for the GD guys. So many got fit into the TCBs and didn't go with the Pros. My question is what was the difference for you? TIA

So, to me, I see the Rogue Max Pro, and it immediately reminds me of the Apex Pro. Then, I look at the price, and I am again reminded of the Apex haha. Can you guys break down the differences? To me, at first glance, if I were in the market, I would immediately gravitate towards the forged model and spend a few extra $$.
Made sure to touch on where the Pro’s sit in relation to the Apex and Apex Pro ;)

This line for Callaway always does well. I would suspect they out sell the apex by a decent margin. The pros look interesting to me, but I think I would veer towards the X forged if I was in the market.

Back