Callaway Rogue ST MAX Hybrids and Irons

Played yesterday. Rogue ST Pro irons continue to be the biggest surprise this year. Distance wise, they may be just a smidge shorter than Apex from 2021, but similar to Apex pro. I also think they feel better than Apex pro, which blows me away. The Rogue ST Pros continue to want to go straight, even on mishits, I was rarely too far off my line. On par 3 17th yesterday, 183 yards, my 5 iron ball mark was 4 inches right of the cup, and stopped about 12 feet away.

About stopping power, i've noticed the mid and short irons are much higher trajectory for me, without losing any distance. I was hitting High balls that would stop quickly, or in several cases spin back. Granted our greens are still soft from winter, so I'll be quite interested to see how these do come spring/summer when the greens get firm and fast.
I’m a late adopter and I thought it was weird the ST Pros were shorter than the Apex 21. First round, new shafts, insert other excuses. But they did seem pretty consistent on clean contact. The stopping power was really nice. I don’t often spin back anything other than a wedge but some of my short irons did that today. I was a little worried with YouTube reviews touching on the lower spin but these things drop the ball out of the sky. I need to gap these once I get familiar with the shafts.

Title interested me, didnt realize it would be about the pro models. I have the rogue max irons and was looking at matching hybrids.

Okay, on a whim, with my impatience for the Apex Pro Series irons and feeling some serious Grandaddy nostalgia, I decided to build the Rogue ST Pro irons up again. (Previously I had them in a heavy steel shaft that I can no longer physically swing).

so I got a steal of a deal on some KBS Tour Lite stiff black finish irons. 4-P irons, so I soft stepped them into the 5-AW Rogue ST Pro heads I had received from the Grandaddy 21.

I’ve been playing the Paradym irons, and more recently the Apex 21 Black, both in graphite, so the switch back to steel was something of interest and also concern.

holy crap was I blow away all over again. High piercing flight, great feel off the face, and played a pretty decent round.

these will be the gamers until the new Apex Pro/CB combo set comes in.

Okay, on a whim, with my impatience for the Apex Pro Series irons and feeling some serious Grandaddy nostalgia, I decided to build the Rogue ST Pro irons up again. (Previously I had them in a heavy steel shaft that I can no longer physically swing).

so I got a steal of a deal on some KBS Tour Lite stiff black finish irons. 4-P irons, so I soft stepped them into the 5-AW Rogue ST Pro heads I had received from the Grandaddy 21.

I’ve been playing the Paradym irons, and more recently the Apex 21 Black, both in graphite, so the switch back to steel was something of interest and also concern.

holy crap was I blow away all over again. High piercing flight, great feel off the face, and played a pretty decent round.

these will be the gamers until the new Apex Pro/CB combo set comes in.
In going to have to meet up with you and try them out with that setup. I still am loving mine with the PX Rifle 6.0 shafts but curious about that combo!

TLDR: get the ST Pros with Tensei White shafts!! Just wanted to chime in with my thoughts as I've read this whole thread in advance of trying out Rogue ST Pro and ST Max irons. I've got the ST Pro in Tensei white 85 stiff shafts, and also tried the ST Max with 75 Tensei blue stiff shafts. I saw some folks asking for feedback on the Tensei shafts. I was hesitant of a few things with the ST Pros, one being worried about Tensei White stiff being too "boardy", another concern about graphite shafts being too light, and third the heads being too small. I'll say both of these shaft concerns were immediately relieved on the first swing with the Tensei white 85s. Not at all too stiff feeling (6 hdcp, driver swing is 95-100), and the weight felt completely perfect with these heads. I've always played steel in irons, and when I've tried graphite, they've always felt good to hit but definitely felt light which messes with my timing. The Tensei 85 does not feel light at all, in fact blindfolded I'm not sure I could tell by swinging that these irons had graphite shafts, which is exactly what I was hoping. And on the head size, it is definitely smaller than I'm used to, but I feel it has actually helped my accuracy. It kind of forces you to aim your strike more, rather than just "swing away" knowing there's a big head down there to bail you out. The feel is outstanding. They've been easy to hit so far, super accurate. I've not noticed any distance increase, but they are more accurate than my last set of irons (Tour Edge E722) and you feel like you can hit them right where you aim them. Spin rates seem good, and the Tensei whites fly just like normal steel shafts so far, maybe a touch less high launch but really excellent flight. All in all super happy with this set and can't wait to play the season with these irons. A note on ST Max for folks wanting to know how they compare. I had the Tensei blue 75s, and while they are lighter, somehow they feel heavier than the ST Pros with the 85 whites. The ST Max with the weighting and offset and lighter shafts, just want to turn over in your hands. If you're not actively battling a slice, I think you'd be better off going with the ST Pros which will go where you want them, whereas the Max will try to go left/straight for you to correct a slice. I personally would keep playing my E722s over the ST Max set. Sorry for such a long post, I just know how these kinds of thoughts can be helpful for folks trying to research clubs so wanted to share my thoughts in case they're helpful for anyone.

Overdue for an update so here it goes. Over the last few years I've hit more golf balls than any other stretch and while cleaning my Rogue ST pro irons I was surprised at how good their condition is. I should get pictures but for the amount of shots I've taken they are still in excellent shape. On top of that, I've continued to demo each new release and have yet to find anything that is knocking these out of the bag. They look good, feel good, and perform good. I was previously stubborn and tried to play smaller, less forgiving irons but with these my handicap has continued to drop. I have a level of confidence with these threat I've never previously had and am hitting the longer irons really well which was previously a struggle.

As for the Rogue ST Pro hybrids, the 3 hybrid might be my favorite club in the bag. I don't know why but I hit it really well and get good distance without worrying about hooking it. So much so that I got a Rogue ST Pro 4 hybrid to compete in the spot that I was currently playing a Paradym 7 wood. The ST Pro hybrid has taken that spot. I like that I can grip down and play a controlled shot or swing more full of I need more distance.

Back