Callaway signs Akshay Bhatia

Anyone with eyes that watched the kid in college knew he’d win, but whatever. Carry the F on.
Maybe, I thought the same thing about Hovland who had the better record overall (not talking just collegiate). No need to get sensitive. I'm just saying what actually transpired. Not knocking the kid for winning or suggesting he didn't deserve it. But to act like the kid wasn't told he'd never make it is just being blind or intentionally ignorant to the facts.

But it is a complete side note to the actual topic. AB isn't even in the same league, but possibly only because he hasn't had the time to prove otherwise. Being the #1 ranked junior golfer in the world is not the same as going onto college or tour golf. He realized as much after missing the cut in his first sponsors exemption, but said he learned a lot and will be better prepared for the next opportunity.

Another good signing by Callaway, they seem to do a great job of signing their staffers young.

I'm biased towards the kids who I saw at the Junior Am last year, but I liked what I saw from AB while I was walking with one of his matches.

This kid is gonna get destroyed.

Not a fan of this signing, to be honest. This kid feels like a Ty Tryon in the making. Loses in round of 32 for the US Am. Had a pretty good Walker Cup so I'll give him that, but this kid is gonna get deer in the headlights feeling on the mini tours big time
I mean Ty signed like a few million dollar contract. He then had injury issues and bombed out but he made way more money then if he bombed out in college.

I mean Ty signed like a few million dollar contract. He then had injury issues and bombed out but he made way more money then if he bombed out in college.

The kid’s gonna get paid, so on that hand, good for him. I just see him being on the developmental tours probably for another 5-6 years before he does anything. So if that’s the case, he wasn’t making a whole lot of real good money. What could he have done in college experience wise?

Think it is a better strategy than playing guys who hover around the middle of the pack (I am thinking of Jason Dufner rocking Dude wipes as his main sponsor and Patrick reed not having a club deal) who likely cost a more, but without the upside these young players bring.

I agree and also think some of the pack guys just aren't that likeable, noticeable or well-known enough to even move the needle a little bit for the OEMs. I don't think many will buy clubs or whatnot because Chez Reavie, Webb Simpson or Billy Ho plays/wears/uses the product.

It's so fricking crazy to think this kid is starting his pro career at the age of 17 and what a great company to start it with. I was looking at his IG profile and noticed be was a Taylor made user prior to this. Besides the equipment being awesome, I wonder what else intrigued him to switch.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Great signing by Callaway here.

Let's just hope he has a better career than Ty Tryon.

Looking forward to watching him play on the tour!

Back