Callaway Staff Irons - The Morgan Cup

Nice videos JRod...swing looks good my man. Looking forward to teeing it up with you!

Nice socks Jrod!

The Goon Squad...funny.

Nice socks Jrod!

The Goon Squad...funny.

We all can't wear crocs buddy. The best part of this is that you watch a video of him hitting golf balls and all you can make fun of is his socks. I like it!

Great video JRod. Your swing looks really good man. You and AHA are going to destroy the goon squad.

We all can't wear crocs buddy. The best part of this is that you watch a video of him hitting golf balls and all you can make fun of is his socks. I like it!

You are on a tear tonight, aren't you?

Thanks all, I will try to get some better footage of the putter this weekend with Hawk. He's a much better cameraman plus his commentary is A+++

Nice socks Jrod!

The Goon Squad...funny.

The best part is those are supposed to be the non visible kind

Now that you mention it they look like ankle socks rofl.

Last edited:
The best part is those are supposed to be the non visible kind
Quit pulling em up with a pair of pliers :D

I enjoyed the video man. It's a lot of work putting those up and appreciate the efforts for sure! You've got a good controlled swing. How tall are you? Are your clubs standard length? Just curious.

Quit pulling em up with a pair of pliers :D

I enjoyed the video man. It's a lot of work putting those up and appreciate the efforts for sure! You've got a good controlled swing. How tall are you? Are your clubs standard length? Just curious.

6'6 and they are only 1/4" overlength, because I have gorilla arms.

6'6 and they are only 1/4" overlength, because I have gorilla arms.

lmao @ gorilla arms. Gees youre one tall Hacker.

lmao @ gorilla arms. Gees youre one tall Hacker.

Yerp. Used to really suck trying to find clothes. Companies have fdinally started to realize the average guy isnt 5'5 anymore.

Nice video Jrod, swing looks good buddy!

Man, I've missed these irons. I didn't get to go out yesterday at all, been swamped at mi trabajo. Pfffft, how dare everyone take vacation! Anyway, had a good round on Monday, again the score was disappointing but how I finished is what I'm loving. Also the shots I'm hitting with these irons are just flat out coming together. TC mentioned my sway and I've been working hard at keeping my chest where it should be. I don't have a full recap like normal but I want to highlight some highs and lows.

Hole #2: Plays 407 and I left myself with 97 yards to center after a big swing. I cut about 15 yards off the hole though lol. Anyway, figure it was good for a gap wedge. Ugh, fat! Missed the green short. Bogey 5 (this was a common type score for the front)

Hole #4: 145 to the center and I was in between clubs because of the pin placement. Hit my 9i and nailed the green. Unfortunately for me I didnt quite hit the slope I needed to and the ball trailed away from the hole. I had a long putt for birdie and just didnt give it enough juice. Nasty pins that day and 3 putted. Man I crushed that 9i. I was right around 140 with it haha. It wasn't a big TC like 9i but I'll get there :)

Hole #5: Shorter par 5 that said 440 to the hole but thats if you cut the corner, its a true 470 ish type hole. Anyway, just pull my M1 and have to hit a low one out. Left with 170 to the hole and its going up. Pull out my 6i. I sh!nked it. UGH. I havent done that in so long. Needless to say I scramble for a bogey.

Hole #6. M3 to a perfect spot. Crap, I thought, 6i left to the green (169 and uphill). Hit a great shot, unfortunately right where I was aimed. Duff 2 chips and I 3 putt for a 7. WOW. This was kinda a turning point for me. For one, I scored bad but felt good. Why? Because my short game falling apart like that isnt the norm so no big worry there... 2 I recovered from a sh!nk. Not big too many but for those of us break 85 its a big step.

Hole #7: This was playing into the wind and 139. I just knock the crap out of my 9i. Short lol. About 5 yards. Of the green haha. Wind catches my shots. I launch it high and sometimes I pay the price. End up with a bogey. The greens were nasty fast and pin placement was tough.

Hole#8: My nemesis. I play it smart though. M3 off the tee, left with a 5i. Don't have one in Razr X form. Needless to say I end up with a bogey.

Hole#9: A long par 5. I end up bombing a drive. I hit my M1 and push it. Leave my 3rd shot just left of the green after a good AW. I had 115 and thought I got it but I could tell the wind played with my heart again. Pull out the trusty AW again. I put the ball right where I wanted too on the break with just a little too much juice. I have a 10 footer for par and just miss it. Man, I love this club around the green. So accurate and easy to control. Really feels like an extension of my body.

Front... Came in at a 49. Par was 37. Not a good score but overall my irons were decent. My dad was mentioning I just didnt seem to have my usual rythm and sound. It happens.

Back..

Hole #10: 334 yards... Into the wind :( no green from the tee lol. And beside I'm not Jwow :) I have 74 yards left and pull out the old AW. ARGH. Aim wrong but hit a great shot with a nice little draw. Long birdie putt I just miss. Par. Good start

Hole #12: 164 yard, into the wind still. This wind was taking a bit off my distances. I hit my 6i fat lol. So no wind to blame there. I only lost about 15 yards which was great. I really hit it fat. The ball stayed on line too. These irons are as forgiving as can be. I love that about them. Misses are pretty predictable.

Hole #14: 166... Uphill. Probably a 1 maybe just a tad more club type deal but didnt realize it until I walked up the green. I hit the green with a great 6i. I'm loving the confidence I have with these irons. I make par after just missing a 25 footer for birdie. The ballflight was fun to watch and I even got some sick action. I left a big divot (I repaired with my THP divot tool!).

Hole #17: Another par 3. Says 168 on the scorecard but GPS says 159. In between clubs. I figure better to be short and I pull out my 7i.. I thought! Either way I hit a fat 6i haha. It was just a bad swing. I was suprised it went as far as it did. Luckily I chipped in from 30 yards for birdie haha.

Hole #18: No razr action but a topped bunker shot that lead to a greenside bunker. Fortunately I saved a bogey.

Came home with a 41. 6 over. Total 90. Up and down with 1 double being my worst score on the back. Not a great scoring day but I ended strong. Wasnt the best day with the irons but if this is the worst I'm in for a good Morgan Cup. I'm looking for consistancy with these irons and minus a few little mishaps with judging the wind and what not, I think I have an excellent grasp on what these irons can do.

I was able to recover quickly and the irons provide such forgiveness it's going to take an act of you know who to pull these from my hands at any point.
I did my best to recap Mondays round. Feel bad its so late and tryng to read notes from two days ago is tough haha.

Sounds like an off day for sure Yoccos. You finished strong and you were out playing. I was dodging lighting all day.

Nice chip in on 17!

Thanks for the recap, Yoccos. That's a great turnaround on the back, dude.

Thanks man. Once I get some awkward gaps worked out (new clubs coming in) I'll be less inclined to push some shots and be more inclined to leave the driver in the bag when their really isnt a shot for it. I really love the Razr X and while I look to improve on my misses I'm really happy with how they play.

I hate storms when golf is calling!!

Sounds like an off day for sure Yoccos. You finished strong and you were out playing. I was dodging lighting all day.

Nice chip in on 17!

Appreciate that Hawk. It's crazy how much of this game is mental. Bound and determined to bounce back. Really happy with the back 9.

Thanks for the recap, Yoccos. That's a great turnaround on the back, dude.

I posted this in the Morgan Cup thread but wanted to put it here as well. Here's a video from last night, par 3 17th hole. We were 205 from the pin and I hit a nice smooth 4 iron that I hit well and ended up about 25 feet short of the hole. I have so much confidence with these long irons it's amazing.

Our 3 par 3s on the back 9 measured at 195, 161 and 205 last night. I was a little right but pin high with a 5 iron on the 11th hole (195) but the other 2 I was on the green and made pars. The more I swing these Razr X Tour irons the more I like them. I haven't had this much confidence in both my ball striking and my distance in a long time.

Can't see the vid, but those are some good results from those distances, Jake.

Nice video Jake. The RXT irons are just good.

Tapatalk: Team Hackers Approved

Can't see the vid, but those are some good results from those distances, Jake.
Thanks man, sometimes those par 3s on the back 9 can rip your heart out but lately I've been pretty confident with my iron play so I've done pretty well.

Nice video Jake. The RXT irons are just good.

Tapatalk: Team Hackers Approved
Thanks Kev, these irons are good indeed, I can't wait to get the woods to co along with them!

Ill checkthat vid out later P4B. You're really dailing these in dude. nice work!

With each round I play with my Razr X Forged irons, I am liking them more and more. The sound of solid contact with these clubs is like no other iron I've played. It's addicting!

I feel the same way AHA. Each time I go to the range we become better and better acquainted the RXT's and I. And the sound is fantastic. Im seeing distance as good as any irons Ive hit and they just look so good at address. I did a couple videos, free of OEM banter this time, one with the 8 iron and then the 6 iron. Sorry I didnt realize I was so close but its a good view of the club/ball/turf action.

8 iron:

6 iron:

Back