Callaway Staff Irons - The Morgan Cup

You got that right. What's best is that Setho was there with the camera dude. That was so close. I credit the RXT's for it all. Hell, I hit some beauties on the par 3's over the weekend. THese irons are two things: badass and underrated.
I heard you mention that you almost had a couple of aces in one round I think. Wasn't that Saturday PM? It helps a ton stepping up to an iron show with the confidence of knowing your specs are right and that your irons are ready to perform. The RXT's are indeed badass irons, if people didn't have blinders on and just hit everything and decided on the best feel and performance they'd be the best selling iron on the market in my opinion.

I heard you mention that you almost had a couple of aces in one round I think. Wasn't that Saturday PM? It helps a ton stepping up to an iron show with the confidence of knowing your specs are right and that your irons are ready to perform. The RXT's are indeed badass irons, if people didn't have blinders on and just hit everything and decided on the best feel and performance they'd be the best selling iron on the market in my opinion.

None were as close as yours but I hit a bunch that never left the flag stick dude. You saw one or two of them that morning.

Q:Jake how do you hit it jake straight with a PW?
A: It was straight

That ball was not straight. I don't care what that idiot says. For him to do that with a PW blew my mind.
Well it wasn't like sliced off the planet Jake Straight...it had just a little Jake Wiggle to it is all. All my shots have some element of Jake Straight to them, even putts....case in point my 5 downhill 5 footer at Grand Cypress. Wicked action on that baby, :beat-up:

Well it wasn't like sliced off the planet Jake Straight...it had just a little Jake Wiggle to it is all. All my shots have some element of Jake Straight to them, even putts....case in point my 5 downhill 5 footer at Grand Cypress. Wicked action on that baby, :beat-up:

hahaha, lol @ Jake Wiggle. You should trademark that bro. It was a sick shot Jakey bones. Your reaction was even better dude.

None were as close as yours but I hit a bunch that never left the flag stick dude. You saw one or two of them that morning.
Your ball striking with those irons is very impressive. Now that the MC is over my plan is to get mine back to where it should be, I think I'm on to what I need to improve (weight shift) and it should just be a matter of time.

So, I'll be honest, I went into the MC expecting to not dig on the hybrid but boy was I way wrong! That thing is a rocket launcher.

Little bro was right for once!

haha jake wiggle

Your ball striking with those irons is very impressive. Now that the MC is over my plan is to get mine back to where it should be, I think I'm on to what I need to improve (weight shift) and it should just be a matter of time.

Actually, it wasn't that good to be honest. I was catching everything just a hair on the toe.

Little bro was right for once!

You sure were dude. I hammered that thing a few times, including the shot of the MC for me.

Actually, it wasn't that good to be honest. I was catching everything just a hair on the toe.
That goes to show just how great these irons are. If you're ball striking was just a bit off and yet you were hitting shots like that....impressive. Every time you setup to an iron shot in our match I was expecting it to be all over the stick and a lot of the times it was. Was it hole 12 on the Palmer that you stuffed one and went on to birdie? That stands out...as does your solid shot on 16, dead into that wind and all carry that shot was no joke and you hit it solid and even better was you nailed the putt. I knew you'd make that putt too.

You sure were dude. I hammered that thing a few times, including the shot of the MC for me.

That was the best shot I witnessed all weekend, so PO'd I didn't have the camera on you.

That goes to show just how great these irons are. If you're ball striking was just a bit off and yet you were hitting shots like that....impressive. Every time you setup to an iron shot in our match I was expecting it to be all over the stick and a lot of the times it was. Was it hole 12 on the Palmer that you stuffed one and went on to birdie? That stands out...as does your solid shot on 16, dead into that wind and all carry that shot was no joke and you hit it solid and even better was you nailed the putt. I knew you'd make that putt too.

Yeah, I hit a nice one on 12 and of course the tee shot on 16 will always be special. A lot of pressure on that shot dude. I hit a nice 8iron into the breeze. It went exactly where I wanted it to. I've determined that I'm a better putter with a gallery dude. I don't think anyone expected me to make that putt and it was pure.

That was the best shot I witnessed all weekend, so PO'd I didn't have the camera on you.

hahaha, that thing was right at it huh? It wasn't easy but the belbs and his stupid length was putting the pressure on me.

Yeah, I hit a nice one on 12 and of course the tee shot on 16 will always be special. A lot of pressure on that shot dude. I hit a nice 8iron into the breeze. It went exactly where I wanted it to. I've determined that I'm a better putter with a gallery dude. I don't think anyone expected me to make that putt and it was pure.
I would have bet someone $100 that you'd make it. Not because it was an easy putt, far from it. What, 25 feet sort of across the break so it was moving and up hill and slow? I knew you'd do it, that match was so fun. And when the pressure was squarely on you to put up down the stretch you did it. On 17 I was a wreck, even my RXT AW couldn't perform under that pressure from 100 yds out. It was the club I used for that nice pitch shot that setup the par save though. Good stuff!

hahaha, that thing was right at it huh? It wasn't easy but the belbs and his stupid length was putting the pressure on me.

Pfft precision over distance! You and DD both needed a snickers and that match may have gone differently.

After this weekend I must admit I heard countless times both on camera and off how much people where enjoying these irons, each time it really impressed me with how tickled everyone was with them. Jake made a good point about people going in with blinders on, don't sleep on these.

I would have bet someone $100 that you'd make it. Not because it was an easy putt, far from it. What, 25 feet sort of across the break so it was moving and up hill and slow? I knew you'd do it, that match was so fun. And when the pressure was squarely on you to put up down the stretch you did it. On 17 I was a wreck, even my RXT AW couldn't perform under that pressure from 100 yds out. It was the club I used for that nice pitch shot that setup the par save though. Good stuff!

The entire 17th hole was nerve wracking dude. You both hit some interesting approach shots but both made some incredible chip shots. I honestly thought I nailed that birdie putt to bro. I even bent over to pick up the ball mark. Idiot.

You sure do know how to make a guy feel good Jake. I guess I like the pressure a bit dude. I can tell you this: I'm much better at coming back than I am keeping a lead.

The entire 17th hole was nerve wracking dude. You both hit some interesting approach shots but both made some incredible chip shots. I honestly thought I nailed that birdie putt to bro. I even bent over to pick up the ball mark. Idiot.

You sure do know how to make a guy feel good Jake. I guess I like the pressure a bit dude. I can tell you this: I'm much better at coming back than I am keeping a lead.
HAHA, I forgot about you going to pick up your coin, I thought it was in too dude!

hahaha, are you hammered?

Yeah, and you would've been not happy.
Well see here's the thing, I rarely tap into that reserve power but had we been 1 down with 1 to play I probably would have done it. Instead I figured I'd go ahead and hit a weak slice and rely on my partner One-T who piped one right down the middle instead. I could have done it if you just would have made that putt on 17. Easy.

Well see here's the thing, I rarely tap into that reserve power but had we been 1 down with 1 to play I probably would have done it. Instead I figured I'd go ahead and hit a weak slice and rely on my partner One-T who piped one right down the middle instead. I could have done it if you just would have made that putt on 17. Easy.

hahaha, right. Boy, I was glad to walk on to 18 all square. That was a tough match. I experienced some highs and lows.

hahaha, right. Boy, I was glad to walk on to 18 all square. That was a tough match. I experienced some highs and lows.
It was a great match, I figured it would be too. I know this isn't the place to talk about that match in particular but since we're on the subject for a second what I think was happening was this. It's no secret that One-T and I have both had our struggles against you and we really had to believe that we could beat you guys if we had any chance at all. Well going into #8 down 2 then winning the next 4 holes was both exciting and a little strange. Each hole I felt better and better and just thought that this was our time. After we went back up 2 on 14 with that almost ace with my RXT PW which I love and is more forgiving and longer than any tour iron out there I think we really finally then thought we were going to do it. We never once talked about it, we just wanted to keep playing good golf. Well then on 15 you stuck a wedge to 3 feet and we couldn't convert our birdie a little wind left our sails. That's probably why we (I) made you putt that one. I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that you'd make it and very likely (and eventually did) birdie 16 as well. Then 17 happened and I could barely feel my legs I was so nervous, to pull out of that hole with a halve when you and OEM were well within birdie range and we were still off the green was huge. Then to walk up to the 18th green both with long putts after we all hit decent shots with our RXT mid/short irons which feel and perform great I figured that a good 2 putt would tie the match and an unlikely bomb could win. So to walk off 18 halving that match was very exciting and I honestly wouldn't want it to have gone any different, both teams played too well to lose, we traded great shots with our RXT irons, it was a match that I'll never forget.

It was a great match, I figured it would be too. I know this isn't the place to talk about that match in particular but since we're on the subject for a second what I think was happening was this. It's no secret that One-T and I have both had our struggles against you and we really had to believe that we could beat you guys if we had any chance at all. Well going into #8 down 2 then winning the next 4 holes was both exciting and a little strange. Each hole I felt better and better and just thought that this was our time. After we went back up 2 on 14 with that almost ace with my RXT PW which I love and is more forgiving and longer than any tour iron out there I think we really finally then thought we were going to do it. We never once talked about it, we just wanted to keep playing good golf. Well then on 15 you stuck a wedge to 3 feet and we couldn't convert our birdie a little wind left our sails. That's probably why we (I) made you putt that one. I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that you'd make it and very likely (and eventually did) birdie 16 as well. Then 17 happened and I could barely feel my legs I was so nervous, to pull out of that hole with a halve when you and OEM were well within birdie range and we were still off the green was huge. Then to walk up to the 18th green both with long putts after we all hit decent shots with our RXT mid/short irons which feel and perform great I figured that a good 2 putt would tie the match and an unlikely bomb could win. So to walk off 18 halving that match was very exciting and I honestly wouldn't want it to have gone any different, both teams played too well to lose, we traded great shots with our RXT irons, it was a match that I'll never forget.

It was definitely the toughest match of the weekend for me Jake. Watching you two idiots hit tight approach shot after tight approach shot to take the lead was about more than I could handle. Kmac and I were bleeding but I have to admit, Dirte came through for me. Fact is, Kevin hit some phenomenal drives in that match and I just rode his coat tails man. The 17th was the most nerves I felt that entire weekend dude. We fought hard.

It was definitely the toughest match of the weekend for me Jake. Watching you two idiots hit tight approach shot after tight approach shot to take the lead was about more than I could handle. Kmac and I were bleeding but I have to admit, Dirte came through for me. Fact is, Kevin hit some phenomenal drives in that match and I just rode his coat tails man. The 17th was the most nerves I felt that entire weekend dude. We fought hard.
Kmac helped you out a ton too.

Dirte came through for you at the right time all right 12, 15, 16 all come to mind...birdies on all of them, none but the 1 were overly close either. 16 was a bomb, I wish we had a camera crew on us then actually. If that putt dropped on 17 you could have literally watched One-T and I both just throw up on ourselves. Thanks for missing that dude! Haha.

Back