Callaway Staff Irons - The Morgan Cup

I just don't see the Big Easy as a guy that can move a ton of equipment and they don't use Phil enough in their spots. Get Quiros out there, get someone hip, get someone strong. If you don't have them, go out and get them...like these other companies do. Like offer Rory a crap ton of money, can you imagine where they could go with a guy like that in their stable? I think they need an overhaul and I hope it comes with the old CEO stepping down.

Absolutely agree....I like Ernie but he just isn't gonna move equipment. Especially with his game apparently on the downturn.

That says a lot. I really didn't equate these with being that strong.

I just don't see the Big Easy as a guy that can move a ton of equipment and they don't use Phil enough in their spots. Get Quiros out there, get someone hip, get someone strong. If you don't have them, go out and get them...like these other companies do. Like offer Rory a crap ton of money, can you imagine where they could go with a guy like that in their stable? I think they need an overhaul and I hope it comes with the old CEO stepping down.

+1 Plus their social media person(s) are dropping the ball. I see a crap load of people bombing TM's twitter and FB feed and TM responds a lot. Callaway gets maybe a 1/10 of that traffic with even less responses. That to me is not building brand loyalty. I think they're hinging on the old "the product speaks for itself" marketing ploy when in today's day and age you have to pimp you're name out there in all circles so that people will actually even look at the product to begin with.

TC is right. That is solid ball striking and much improved from the outing. Keep at it, it's looking really good.

What do you do with the other alignment stick on the outside?

Also, didn't know they had Jordan golf shoes.

Thanks man I appreciate that. I was actually just trying something different with that other alignment stick. Not really sure it was effective though.

I was wondering if anyone was going to notice the Jordans. I found those years ago in a Nike outlet and grabbed them. Decided to break them out after forgetting about them in my closet for a few years.

Interesting thoughts Spank. I agree. I would love to see Callaway embrace Social media bit more. Hell, you can't even leave comments on their Facebook page. That's silly to me. They do need a complete overhaul and I think they can prosper with it. They have to start appealing to the younger golfer and it starts with ridding themselves of old stigmas.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Interesting thoughts Spank. I agree. I would love to see Callaway embrace Social media bit more. Hell, you can't even leave comments on their Facebook page. That's silly to me. They do need a complete overhaul and I think they can prosper with it. They have to start appealing to the younger golfer and it starts with ridding themselves of old stigmas.

I totally agree. Like was mentioned Ernie just doesnt move the needle. He probably moves the channel if anything, to another channel. I think letting Gmac get away was a huge mistake. But who really knows what went on behind the scenes. They really need a new young gun that can bring the younger golfer to the Callaway clubs at the store. No wonder no one is looking at the Razr X irons. They dont know about them.

I went from hitting a pw 135 comfy to about 155 now. I've had theofts checked and there is only 1 degree more so that is only a ting part of it. I love these things and look forward to gaming them for a long time. The are as straight as anything I have ever hit.

Wow 20 yards more? Is that in all clubs or just the PW?

Yeah I found that odd, I just try and tweet them. They haven't given me the Paul Casey treatment though. I don't know if I agree a complete overhaul is needed. I'm assuming if they have a twitter/facebook, someone is running that thing and it's up to them to be interactive. If not, I can facebook and tweet all day if Callaway wants someone lol. Hell I'll do it for free. I love this equipment and company, I just want to see it out there in more sigs and bags.

I think if they could tap into Quiros more I think it would benefit them. America loves the long ball and I think it pushed properly this dude could be pretty big over here.

I totally agree. Like was mentioned Ernie just doesnt move the needle. He probably moves the channel if anything, to another channel. I think letting Gmac get away was a huge mistake. But who really knows what went on behind the scenes. They really need a new young gun that can bring the younger golfer to the Callaway clubs at the store. No wonder no one is looking at the Razr X irons. They dont know about them.

Had a hot and cold day with my irons yesterday. My tempo was a little off which had me fighting that over the top move more than normal. Once I got that under control I hit some really good iron shots, just my yardages at a new course were not correct. There was a lot of elevation change, perhaps the most I have ever played. The last par 3 is all water carry and I hit a nice high 7 iron with a little draw that hit behind and gave me about a 12 foot putter. Unlucky for me it was above the hole and my putt rolled over the edge and about 9 feet past it. What happens when you crush a ball past the hole? You leave the next one short.

Nice videos Kevin!

Ok so we're talking about their staff pros so here's the list for PGA and Euro Tours:

PGA:

Stuart Appleby
Cameron Beckman
Notah Begay III
Alex Cejka
Ernie Els
Scott Gutschewski
J.J. Henry
Jim Herman
J.B. Holmes
Trevor Immelman
Fredrik Jacobson
Lee Janzen
Colt Knost
Greg Kraft
Derek Lamely
Shaun Micheel
Phil Mickelson
Paul Stankowski

European:

Thomas Bjorn
Michael Campbell
Nick Dougherty
David Drysdale
Niclas Fasth
Alastair Forsyth
Anton Haig
Thongchai Jaidee
Ross McGowan
Christian Nilsson
Alexander Noren
Alvaro Quiros
Marcel Siem
Jeev Milkha Singh
Danny Willett
Oliver Wilson

Who would you get rid of and who would you acquire? Obviously Phil is an untouchable since he is pretty much the face of Callaway right now. Looking at the list... it's not very sexy and stylish. It needs some flash regardless if the dude can win tourneys.

Wow that's one boring list of pros. Sure you got Phil. The people's champ. The one everyone loves. Nice guy. But even Phil is not exactly the needle mover they need. He's untouchable for sure. They need to find a young kid coming up and sign him. Make him the future face. Maybe that list is full of can't miss future stars who missed? I don't know.

Tapatalk: Team Hackers Approved

Wow that's one boring list of pros. Sure you got Phil. The people's champ. The one everyone loves. Nice guy. But even Phil is not exactly the needle mover they need. He's untouchable for sure. They need to find a young kid coming up and sign him. Make him the future face. Maybe that list is full of can't miss future stars who missed? I don't know.

Yup, If you look at other major OEM's they all have that one guy that's supposed to be part of team next. It doesn't seem like Callaway has one other than maybe Quiros. There's a lot of castoffs on the list. Sure it's gonna cost them big bucks to grab someone from another OEM or go Bridgestone's route and develop young like Chappell and Snedeker (seems to be working). Funny thing is that they have Justin Timberlake on their list of "other staffers". They should collaborate with him more on the marketing side for a younger demographic and see what he comes up with. I don't think it would hurt.

Wow 20 yards more? Is that in all clubs or just the PW?

Thats from top to bottom. I flew a green 210 yards away with a 6i, Hawk witnessed it. This isnt stroking my distance its the clubs. I have never been a real long hitter with my irons but these things are LOOOOOOONG.

Got the RXT's all cleaned up and ready for action today.

75294142.jpg

Nice kevin....have fun out there today. Hit em well

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

Nice kevin....have fun out there today. Hit em well

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

Thanks Jeff.

Tapatalk: Team Hackers Approved

Ah yes, so pretty. Let me go in my garage and stare at mine for the next couple of hours.

Eastern Shore huh OEM? Place looks nice. Hit em well!

Thats from top to bottom. I flew a green 210 yards away with a 6i, Hawk witnessed it. This isnt stroking my distance its the clubs. I have never been a real long hitter with my irons but these things are LOOOOOOONG.

JRod, I am assuming I overlooked it in a previous post, but what shaft do you have in your RXT's? Sounds like you are getting crazy distance out of these.

JRod, I am assuming I overlooked it in a previous post, but what shaft do you have in your RXT's? Sounds like you are getting crazy distance out of these.

Doug, he has DG X100's.

Doug, he has DG X100's.

Thanks, TC. I know you also said you were at or beyond your TM 2.0 distances....that says a lot. May have to find a set of these at a big box store to try out.

Thanks, TC. I know you also said you were at or beyond your TM 2.0 distances....that says a lot. May have to find a set of these at a big box store to try out.

The RXT's are easily as long or longer than the 2.0's. Whatever Callaway's done with these irons, they've done right. In all honesty, they're my favorite irons I've ever hit. They have everything for me.

The RXT's are easily as long or longer than the 2.0's. Whatever Callaway's done with these irons, they've done right. In all honesty, they're my favorite irons I've ever hit. They have everything for me.

That's a common trait that anyone who has these irons can attest to. I gained .5 to 1 club length right out of the gate. And I don't even think I have tapped the full potential of these irons yet either.

That's it. I'm officially pondering these....

That's a common trait that anyone who has these irons can attest to. I gained .5 to 1 club length right out of the gate. And I don't even think I have tapped the full potential of these irons yet either.

I'm not so sure that I have either. Example of freaky distance:

Played Thursday with my brother. Short par 4. 190 yards to the end of the fairway. 220 to carry the creek. There's no real advantage in carrying the creek b/c the hole doglegs right. One-T hits 7 iron.....perfect. I hit 7 iron, fly it into the creek.....WTF! I wasnt' happy, but I was ok, b/c I hit it pure. Right where I wanted to. Just creamed it.

That's it. I'm officially pondering these....

I wish everyone would just try them. They sound/feel different from any Callaway iron I've ever tried.

Back