Callaway Staff Irons - The Morgan Cup

I am! The fitter had a bigger plan and I'm starting to really see it. These clubs are everything I need and more right now.

Great stuff Yoccos!!! It sounds like you're growing into these irons nicely

Good stuff dude. Glad to hear things are working for you with the irons.

Thanks man. I know you've got some good stuff brewing with yours as well. I really can see myself OEM'ing the tours at some point. Having a second set is never a bad thing.

Good stuff dude. Glad to hear things are working for you with the irons.

I am! The fitter had a bigger plan and I'm starting to really see it. These clubs are everything I need and more right now.
Right on Yoc! I love hearing the positive feedback from you, I can't wait to hear how the Callaway metal woods work for you.

Same with you buddy. I'm really curious to see what everyone got and why. Callaway has just really hit the nail on the head with these irons/woods. If more people hit them, more people would walk away with them.

Right on Yoc! I love hearing the positive feedback from you, I can't wait to hear how the Callaway metal woods work for you.

Thanks man. I know you've got some good stuff brewing with yours as well. I really can see myself OEM'ing the tours at some point. Having a second set is never a bad thing.

Amen, I will be OEM'ing some RAZR X forged this offseason.

Same with you buddy. I'm really curious to see what everyone got and why. Callaway has just really hit the nail on the head with these irons/woods. If more people hit them, more people would walk away with them.
When I went in and tested some different shafts in the Razr Hawk driver I was talking to the manager of the store here and he said that exact same thing. He said that people who demo them see more distance than most other drivers out but far too many people are skipping over them for the white stuff. It's a shame really.

When I went in and tested some different shafts in the Razr Hawk driver I was talking to the manager of the store here and he said that exact same thing. He said that people who demo them see more distance than most other drivers out but far too many people are skipping over them for the white stuff. It's a shame really.

We all know that Performance trumps Paint, but it's amazing how Paint = dollars. We're all slaves to marketing.

btw, I had a nice speed sleeve session with my RXT's last night! Love them so much. I've never hit iron shots so pure in all my life. I might try to make my way to the Big Break.

Yeah dude but I think it's all cycles too. I'll be rooting for Callaway.

We all know that Performance trumps Paint, but it's amazing how Paint = dollars. We're all slaves to marketing.

Haha, I've heard that too. Better distance and more forgiveness for some golfers. In the end it's a personal choice but I wish more people would at least give more chances to the Callaway lines.

I might too my friend even with the Tours being out there. You definitely have the game and I just think they're stunning.

Ive been in GG a few times and wanted to try and sell some RXT's. I see people looking right past them like theyre not even there. When I went to hit the Hawk family of clubs before putting our order in I noticed two different sales guys selling irons. Not one of them had any Razr irons. I know they would sell if given the chance and more people hit them.

I think after I win the Morgan Cup with my team, Callaway will want to send me whatever I want and I might request some Razr X Forged irons too. They are the best looking irons on the market. They also feature a full cavity so you know there has to be some forgiveness for hacks like me.

I think after I win the Morgan Cup with my team, Callaway will want to send me whatever I want and I might request some Razr X Forged irons too. They are the best looking irons on the market. They also feature a full cavity so you know there has to be some forgiveness for hacks like me.

I think this is often overlooked. Everyone thinks they are straight up blades, but they're not. They have perimeter weighting that does offer forgiveness and the feel is second to none.

Hahahaha, I'm a hack but I wouldn't mind owning a set. I've hit them a lot and they might not be the best for my scores right now but man are they good looking.

I cannot wait to get on the launch monitor at the Callaway demo at my course in a few weeks. It will be eye opening hopefully!

I'm somewhat surprised that you didn't get those for the MC, I see your point in the RXT's though and I'm with you on the potential OEM'ing some Razr X Forged this winter. I was really close to going with those for my MC set man. I'm very happy with the RXT's, I know I made the right call but man those forged are SO PRETTY!

It may very well be! What set are you eyeballing? Or you just going in and seeing what works?

I cannot wait to get on the launch monitor at the Callaway demo at my course in a few weeks. It will be eye opening hopefully!

I gotta tell you guys, I am beyond excited to have Callaway as my sponsor for The Morgan Cup. The irons are amazing, the D.A.R.T. just flat out gets the ball in the hole, I'm excited about the metal woods coming soon, but I am really really excited to get me some X Series JAWS CCs in my bag too. I fell in love with that wedge at the THP Demo.

I think this is often overlooked. Everyone thinks they are straight up blades, but they're not. They have perimeter weighting that does offer forgiveness and the feel is second to none.

I know dude, yet another aspect that folks seem to overlook about this phenomenal collection of irons from Callaway. There are plenty of people who have preconceived notions about Callaway's irons due to past experiences but I can assure you that the RXT's feel/sound different from any Callaway iron I've hit in the past.

It may very well be! What set are you eyeballing? Or you just going in and seeing what works?

Well first things first i want to know if im playing the right shaft stiffness and length in my irons. Currently S300 in my irons 1inch shorter than standard from a half-cooked fitting a few years ago. Be very interesting to see if that was correct or not. I did try the Callaway X Forged when i got those irons and couldnt hit them at all (dropped 5 handicap shots since then). Looking forward to hitting the X Tour's very much. They look sweet.

Other than that my driver is fairly old so if i see a big distance in yardage/accuracy with that. Again, is regular the right shaft for me is the most improtant thing, i think it is for the record)

Similarly 3 wood is old and has stiff shaft....reletivly new hybrid which has regular shaft.....

So my set if half regular half stiff...cant be right in my mind!! Soon find out!

You sure will. One of our equipment testers Hawk plays with a mixed flex set though. You never know!

Those Tours are just phenominal and if they work for you, you'll have to come back in here and let us know.

Well first things first i want to know if im playing the right shaft stiffness and length in my irons. Currently S300 in my irons 1inch shorter than standard from a half-cooked fitting a few years ago. Be very interesting to see if that was correct or not. I did try the Callaway X Forged when i got those irons and couldnt hit them at all (dropped 5 handicap shots since then). Looking forward to hitting the X Tour's very much. They look sweet.

Other than that my driver is fairly old so if i see a big distance in yardage/accuracy with that. Again, is regular the right shaft for me is the most improtant thing, i think it is for the record)

Similarly 3 wood is old and has stiff shaft....reletivly new hybrid which has regular shaft.....

So my set if half regular half stiff...cant be right in my mind!! Soon find out!

I will post my findings dont worry about that!

Best lock up my credit card...i can feel a purchase coming on!

I know dude, yet another aspect that folks seem to overlook about this phenomenal collection of irons from Callaway. There are plenty of people who have preconceived notions about Callaway's irons due to past experiences but I can assure you that the RXT's feel/sound different from any Callaway iron I've hit in the past.

Having the X-24's in the bag last year I agree with you. The sound/feel of the RXT's are completely different and in a good way.

I gotta tell you guys, I am beyond excited to have Callaway as my sponsor for The Morgan Cup. The irons are amazing, the D.A.R.T. just flat out gets the ball in the hole, I'm excited about the metal woods coming soon, but I am really really excited to get me some X Series JAWS CCs in my bag too. I fell in love with that wedge at the THP Demo.

Very well said Jake. I think Callaway makes an excellent wedge and dont forget whos actually designing the wedge, Roger Cleveland. I used one of the Jaws CC wedges too at the demo day and loved it.

Don't lock it up until after. It's not what OEM would do!

I will post my findings dont worry about that!

Best lock up my credit card...i can feel a purchase coming on!

Thats right Tmex. Always be ready to OEM on a moments notice.

I found this little number on the Callaway wedges and I like it. Even without the mac daddy grooves they still outperform other wedges.

TourCCgrooves_SpinChart.jpg

Back