Callaway Staffer Driving for World Record - Andrew Frakes

Nate

My Friends Call Me Big Time
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
How many 300 yard bombs could you hit in one hour? Well, Callaway Golf X-Hot staffer Andrew Frakes is determined to find out come this Wednesday (8/7/13) from 9:00am - 10:00am out at TPC Craig Ranch in Mckinney, Texas. The current Guinness World Record for most 300 yard drives hit in 1 hour sits at 272.

He's also doing this in the name of 2 charities that he supports: Families for Effective Autism Treatment (FEAT) and Spay it Forward that helps control the pet population.

I will be out there on Wednesday morning and will be giving live updates as I follow along. Any local DFW'ers that want to join me out there are also welcomed.

Andrew is a member of the Callaway X-Hot Long Drive Team and recently qualified and competed in the 2012 Re/Max World Championships. Here is some more information on Andrew Frakes:

Frakes Method (Andrew Frakes Website)
Facebook Page
Twitter Page
Live Auctions

Give him a shout out on Facebook or Twitter as I'm sure he'd love to hear from the THP gang as he heads into Wednesday's event!

AndrewFrakes_zpse04f7afd.jpg

Dude, he has lasers coming out of the sole of his club. Man I wish my X-Hot driver had that.

Nate this sounds like a good time. Ill be looking forward to your coverage.

Neat stuff. Looks like a couple good causes he's supporting as well.

Wish I could watch this!

Pretty cool Nate!

Anyone know how many long drive guys Callaway sponsors now?

Been seeing this on FB Nate, looking forward to catching the updates!

272 in one hour is insane.

Been seeing this on FB Nate, looking forward to catching the updates!

272 in one hour is insane.
Give me a hour to wait for a 20mph tailwind and I may be able to hit 1.

272 in an hour... Sooo... 4.5 per minute... One every 13.2 seconds.

That is one EXHAUSTING hour!

No kidding, basically swinging an hour and swinging hard at that, non stop.

Guess he's not teeing up his own balls!! Haha

That's awesome. It would be an impressive feat for sure. I'm interested to see if his driving area is relatively flat. Hope he doesn't catch some of that Texas wind in his face :bulgy-eyes:

I'm assuming he will have hundreds of balls teed up to start?

I did that math too. And that's assuming that every drive is over 300 yards!

Yeah, that alone is just ridiculous. If I can manage to do that once I usually need a sandwich and a nap to recuperate hahaha

This is pretty awesome.

No kidding, basically swinging an hour and swinging hard at that, non stop.

Guess he's not teeing up his own balls!! Haha

If he's a long drive guy he can probably get 300 with relative ease. I bet he won't be going at every swing 100%.

Basically he has to hit a ball every 10 seconds. He will miss some (to far left or right, not long enough), so he has to be somewhat like a robot.

It's insane, I hope he will make it!

Lets get the guessing game going on this! I'll throw in a little prize pack for the one that gets the closest without going over!

How many will Andrew hit tomorrow?

Lets get the guessing game going on this! I'll throw in a little prize pack for the one that gets the closest without going over!

How many will Andrew hit tomorrow?

And its for an amazing cause.

I'll go 275........

274 :D

For some reason I missed this yesterday. What an amazing golf feat for two amazing causes. What a guy and what a challenge. As for Nate's game, I think he will do it. 278 is my guess. Let the Drive is Right games begin.

Crazy!!! Hope he does it but...

Wow. Good luck to him, even for a professional that's a ton of big swings...I'll go with 282, and that seems impossible to me. I'm not sure I could swing that many times in an hour and not break something.

Andrew's dad here - I wanted to answer some questions. Andrew's brother will be teeing the ball. He will be using 8.5 degree X-Hot heads on House of Forged X-shafts. He will probably blow thru 3 heads. He will have a 7 degree and 5 degree mounted and ready to go if the conditions warrant it. He's wearing the new PX3 mouthguard that will allow him to breath while putting his jaw in proper alignment. This is critical cause he really bites down hard when he swings - so this will prevent early fatigue. We will upload an edited video tomorrow afternoon on Youtube. Andrews intent is not break the record but crush it. No one would believe his goal - so we will just post the actual number. Fingers crossed.

Back