Callaway Staffer Driving for World Record - Andrew Frakes

Andrew's dad here - I wanted to answer some questions. Andrew's brother will be teeing the ball. He will be using 8.5 degree X-Hot heads on House of Forged X-shafts. He will probably blow thru 3 heads. He will have a 7 degree and 5 degree mounted and ready to go if the conditions warrant it. He's wearing the new PX3 mouthguard that will allow him to breath while putting his jaw in proper alignment. This is critical cause he really bites down hard when he swings - so this will prevent early fatigue. We will upload an edited video tomorrow afternoon on Youtube. Andrews intent is not break the record but crush it. No one would believe his goal - so we will just post the actual number. Fingers crossed.

Very nice! How are they going to measure each drive? Tracman or spotters?

Andrew's dad here - I wanted to answer some questions. Andrew's brother will be teeing the ball. He will be using 8.5 degree X-Hot heads on House of Forged X-shafts. He will probably blow thru 3 heads. He will have a 7 degree and 5 degree mounted and ready to go if the conditions warrant it. He's wearing the new PX3 mouthguard that will allow him to breath while putting his jaw in proper alignment. This is critical cause he really bites down hard when he swings - so this will prevent early fatigue. We will upload an edited video tomorrow afternoon on Youtube. Andrews intent is not break the record but crush it. No one would believe his goal - so we will just post the actual number. Fingers crossed.

This is awesome as heck, thank you for posting!

How awesome. Thanks for stopping by and posting.

I never even thought about these guys needed a mouth guard. Good luck to Andrew tomorrow!

I'm going 350 for tomorrow.

Can't wait to see the results and check out the video.

Ridiculous, I've managed 3 since I picked up a golf club and this guy is going for around 300 in an hour. I'm in great shape (to be 35 lol) and I couldn't swing a club that fast that many times in a row by a long shot lol.

I hope he destroys the record, two good causes there.

Taptaptaparoo

I'll say 271

I think this is awesome. Great causes and an incredible feat. Will the granddaddy event guys be playing against him?
Okay I'm going to say 296. If it's taken let me know and I'll submit a new #.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I will guess 268. I hope I'm wrong though, because I want him to break the record.

245 is what i think he will hit
Lets get the guessing game going on this! I'll throw in a little prize pack for the one that gets the closest without going over!

How many will Andrew hit tomorrow?

Wow, awesome of his dad to drop in and make a post. I really hope he breaks the record, but it just seems incredibly difficult. I'm going to say 254.

That's a lot of #xbombs !

I'm gonna go with 306

pretty sure he'll get 316.

My guess? 283.

Man that is ton of long drives though. I maybe have one 300 yarder in my life, downhill, with the wind, bouncing down a cart path.

300 is my prediction...

Incredible feat...as for me, I would need a long hill and a nice tailwind

Is there a certain fairway width he has to keep the drives within?

gyvyme7y.jpg

Thinks he'll go through at least 3 of em.

Back