Callaway Staffer Driving for World Record - Andrew Frakes

Update from Andrew via FB and Twitter:

"Well, I'm tired and sore - but happy to crush the World Record at 448 official. Had 48 X-Bombs (over 325 yards) had several over 355 - long 370. Had 84 balls land between 296 - 299. So I think I'm going to have to do it again next year. I can't thank everyone enough for your support and donations."

#TeamCallaway
#BringIt

Frickin' awesome on so many levels! Great charity work, great promo for Callaway & Andrew, great for golf... WOW!

Any idea why so many did not count? Boundaries? Carry only?

I'm about done for the day after 50 drives...I can't even imagine hitting that many in an hours. Good on him!

This was incredibly awesome Nate! Thank you for the live coverage and all the the updates. That must've been one awesome experience to go through.

I can't even imagine hitting that many balls in an hour, let alone hitting them 300+ carry. I'm pretty sure my arms would fall off.

Wow that is just crazy. Guy was beast mode.

NATE,
What was the number he and his dad were aiming for? They didn't want to say because people would freak out. I'm guessing it was 500.

Was honored to be asked to play golf today with Andrew, his dad and some family friends. What an enjoyable round of golf it was. Andrew was sore and beat up from yesterday's events but played awesome despite all that. We played the Tribute out in the Colony and the course was in pretty good shape despite the recent heat wave here in the area.

I have to say, Andrew hits the ball a long way but has a great game to go with it! Very impressed with his short game. Talked a bunch and learned a lot about his journey and Callaway Golf's new partnership in the sport.

Thank you Dave and Andrew for the invite and look forward in doing it again!

2y3avege.jpg

That's ridiculous! Good for him.

That is an awesome picture

That's so awesome Nate! Glad you guys had a fun round.

NATE,
What was the number he and his dad were aiming for? They didn't want to say because people would freak out. I'm guessing it was 500.

He said today that he left some out there. He clarified the 80+ that landed just off of the 300 mark. Those were ones that landed and rolled just short of the mark. He said many of them plugged and had no roll in this one area that was extremely soft. Many of them were in those 80+ balls.

Very nice! How are they going to measure each drive? Tracman or spotters?

Laser - string ran at 300 and 325 - as Callaway tracks XBombs by tour pros. Andrew hit 48 over 325 - long 373, his last ball went 363.

Laser - string ran at 300 and 325 - as Callaway tracks XBombs by tour pros. Andrew hit 48 over 325 - long 373, his last ball went 363.

That is just way too cool. Congrats to you and your son!!

Awesome, congrats on the record and money raised for charity.

That is amazing. What a cool thing that would have been to see. I could easily watch a much longer video of that just to get an idea of how much work that is.

Callaway is on point with their marketing and PR stuff. They seem to reach out to the heart of the core golf community at large and give them what they want.

No doubt a reflection of the new leadership over there. Good stuff all the way around and can't wait to meet some of the crew in a few weeks down in Orlando!

That is amazing. What a cool thing that would have been to see. I could easily watch a much longer video of that just to get an idea of how much work that is.

Callaway is on point with their marketing and PR stuff. They seem to reach out to the heart of the core golf community at large and give them what they want.

No doubt a reflection of the new leadership over there. Good stuff all the way around and can't wait to meet some of the crew in a few weeks down in Orlando!

It was fun talking about the #zoocrew with Andrew. Talked about Chad, Harry, ScottyG and others about how awesome they were with the MC and us. There is a new direction Callaway is going and I like where it's headed!

If they are going to do this again next year, post a thread early and I bet he could raise a bunch of money for support from the membership on this site!! As much as Callaway does for THP I know a lot of people would come through for a Callaway staffer for a fundraising event!!

They just posted a new video of the event.

You can see me and my white shorts a few shots at the end with me holding up my phone while I was recording. He-he.

Such a cool record, and I'm still amazed that he just looks like he isn't even trying. Thanks for sharing, Nate.

Back