Callaway Super Hybrid

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New hybrid from Callaway hitting stores soon and we have all of the info on the home page right here.

Huh. That is an interesting piece of gear for sure. Looks like it could definitely be a canon.

What lofts will it come in?

• Admin
What lofts will it come in?
17°, 20°, 23° adjustable. RH and LH available in all three lofts.

Tensei CK orange shaft is stock.

Its at the bottom of the article in the details, but its 17, 20 and 23 degrees.
Thank you, I was scrolling on my phone and for some reason didn’t see it.

• Admin
Thank you, I was scrolling on my phone and for some reason didn’t see it.

No sweat. This will get some swings over the next few days as well.

That looks, large.

Interesting, though I'm honestly not sure how on earth it could creep more into the fairway wood length realm than the Flash already does. If it does, that’s scary.

The hybrid isn't for me, but interested in hearing what the differences are in the new Optifit 3 adaptor compared to the current one?

The hybrid isn't for me, but interested in hearing what the differences are in the new Optifit 3 adaptor compared to the current one?
It’s the same adapter being used in the Flash hybo, etc. the shorter one.

This is curious and I’m intrigued to hear more about it - especially who it’s for, what purpose it serves, and why it’s better than the flash or big Bertha, both of which are very long and easy to hit ?

Tons of tech in this for sure and not a bad looking club, but that price is stout. Gotta pay for all that tech I suppose.

This is curious and I’m intrigued to hear more about it - especially who it’s for, what purpose it serves, and why it’s better than the flash or big Bertha, both of which are very long and easy to hit ?
It gets longer than the flash and I may be done carrying fairway woods! Haha

Curious what you mine by who it's for?
FWIW, it's not replacing the Epic Flash, which is fairly recent. Although the home page article has some of the info on what makes it different, along with the overall shape.

i’m torn on this one. on one hand it does seem to fit one spot in my bag. i don’t really get along with fairways off the deck, but still want to be able to attack the occasional par 5 in two and i think this might work. but how will it work any better than the big bertha, or epic flash? is it the titanium construction and internal weight placement that will help promote more launch? i guess i’m having a hard time figuring out who this is designed for, and why this would be better/different than some other in-line offerings.

i’m torn on this one. on one hand it does seem to fit one spot in my bag. i don’t really get along with fairways off the deck, but still want to be able to attack the occasional par 5 in two and i think this might work. but how will it work any better than the big bertha, or epic flash? is it the titanium construction and internal weight placement that will help promote more launch? i guess i’m having a hard time figuring out who this is designed for, and why this would be better/different than some other in-line offerings.

I would say it's "different" than the both of those. First off it's larger. Here is a look next to Epic Flash to show the foot print.

IMG_8698.JPG

thanks @JB those pics help. she thicc. not sure how i feel about that.

thanks @JB those pics help. she thicc. not sure how i feel about that.

When I first opened the box, I was thinking "man that is big". As you dive in a bit more, it kind of rounds off of that. If that makes any sense. Kind of like saying "boy this is a tiny fairway wood" vs "this is a large hybrid".

I
I would say it's "different" than the both of those. First off it's larger. Here is a look next to Epic Flash to show the foot print.

View attachment 8911908
actually I like how it looks at address! When I first read about it, I wondered what purpose it served, but now I kind of get it. Will look forward to testing.

Lots of tech in this baby. Like the picture in the home page review showing the inside of the head.

Well I like the tech in this and hope they can incorporate it more into other lines, but that's about it for me. Then again who knows, maybe it'll be a dream club for me and stop my pull hooks with my Apex hybo and I'd just have to get over the looks

I’ll reserve judgement on the head until I see it in person and hit it. I love the stock shaft and grip so I’ll give it a chance. Callaway seems to have taken all of the tech that works and thrown it into one head.

if they launch high, I may use the 17 to replace a fairway wood

I'm not a huge hybrid guy but this seems like it could be a fun 5 wood replacement. The tech is definitely there and from the pictures the shape looks really good.

Never mind the name, that face shape screams Adams, too.

Back