Callaway Super Hybrid

For some reason my local Edwin Watts still hasn't gotten any of these. I shouldn't be surprised because they haven't received any restocks of the Jaws wedges either. Our regional guy might be skipping. Is everyone else seeing these at most golf shops?

Hopefully you get a chance to try it out. I think you will like it.
What length are you playing this at? I saw one in person yesterday, really like it, and I feel like this could be a great club for me after driver with the right shaft and length ...

I will say that I was at Club Champion getting fit for Irons and Hybrid.
We got a 4h Big Bertha to go as far as my current 5w.
I'm due to go work on my long clubs on Tuesday and did name drop this club as a possibility between my 4h and Driver based on what I'm reading here.

Played this throughout the weekend and I know a few others tried it as well. First thing is it is definitely not draw biased. My ball wants to play a small cut with it, and it sits open by quite a bit to my eye. The ball just goes though.
We put a UST Recoil ZT9 tipped an inch in it and it is playing half an inch shorter and it was still going pretty deep for us.
What length are you playing this at? I saw one in person yesterday, really like it, and I feel like this could be a great club for me after driver with the right shaft and length ...

See above.

For some reason my local Edwin Watts still hasn't gotten any of these. I shouldn't be surprised because they haven't received any restocks of the Jaws wedges either. Our regional guy might be skipping. Is everyone else seeing these at most golf shops?

They have not showed up at my local fitting center yet.

did you guys tip it an inch because your "slightly" higher spin tendencies?

No, we tipped it an inch because it was a regular flex. It was a THP Lab joke that night that half the internet couldn't play it because of the flex written on there, despite it frequencying and playing stiff haha

I didn’t get to hit this a lot but today on the 9th hole I hit my drive into the left rough. Had some tree vision issues and was 205 to the front of the green and 217 to the pin with water in front of the green. Hit this well and bounced on the very back and rolled off a tiny bit.

It appears as though it is going to fit just fine. Love just about everything about it.

I didn’t get to hit this a lot but today on the 9th hole I hit my drive into the left rough. Had some tree vision issues and was 205 to the front of the green and 217 to the pin with water in front of the green. Hit this well and bounced on the very back and rolled off a tiny bit.

It appears as though it is going to fit just fine. Love just about everything about it.
Gets through the rough alright with the larger footprint? Still haven't been able to see this in person yet. I keep seeing it written that it's big. But, from pics, it doesn't look to obnoxious.

Gets through the rough alright with the larger footprint? Still haven't been able to see this in person yet. I keep seeing it written that it's big. But, from pics, it doesn't look to obnoxious.

Its bigger, but smaller than most fairway woods. Fits that in between well.
I have not had any struggles with it and it goes deep for me.

Its bigger, but smaller than most fairway woods. Fits that in between well.
I have not had any struggles with it and it goes deep for me.
Sounds like it’s good from various lies ?

Sounds like it’s good from various lies ?

Im not the right person to ask about this, because I think most clubs are good from various lies. The rough today was deeper bermuda grass where the ball nestles, and we had no issues with it.

I'm curious... With this larger than normal footprint, what makes it so much easier to hit than a FW? And how does it compare in terms of feel and sound at impact.

I'm curious... With this larger than normal footprint, what makes it so much easier to hit than a FW? And how does it compare in terms of feel and sound at impact.

Smaller than a FW and shaft length.
For me it sounds similar, a nice quick crack.

How did Capt. Love hit it?

Smaller than a FW and shaft length.
For me it sounds similar, a nice quick crack.
How does it compare to the EF hybrid?

How does it compare to the EF hybrid?

For me they are totally different. The EF Hybrid is a high tech hybrid that fits well in the hybrid spot at the long game part of the bag. This would be more in place of a fairway wood, or melding hybrids to fairway woods as a gap stop that is easier to hit in my opinion. It is also more fade biased in my opinion than the Flash.

So to sum it up. Its larger, longer and pretty much completely different.. Both will fit a person well, but they are definitely different types of clubs. Hope that helps.

For me they are totally different. The EF Hybrid is a high tech hybrid that fits well in the hybrid spot at the long game part of the bag. This would be more in place of a fairway wood, or melding hybrids to fairway woods as a gap stop that is easier to hit in my opinion. It is also more fade biased in my opinion than the Flash.

So to sum it up. Its larger, longer and pretty much completely different.. Both will fit a person well, but they are definitely different types of clubs. Hope that helps.

So could this kind of compare to the Cobra F6 baffler?

So could this kind of compare to the Cobra F6 baffler?

Perhaps but also different. I know I’m not being very helpful but it really is a different class. I urge people that struggle Witt fairway woods to try it out. And I urge people that struggle with hooking hybrids to try it out.

Perhaps but also different. I know I’m not being very helpful but it really is a different class. I urge people that struggle Witt fairway woods to try it out. And I urge people that struggle with hooking hybrids to try it out.

No, I get what you are saying, just trying to find a comparison that people might remember. I have a buddy that loved the Baffler, but being club degenerate like so many of us let it go.

I have been telling him to hit one of these as a) he struggles with fairway woods and b) his miss is a hook so he is constantly trying to find hybrids he can adjust flat.

these seems like it would be perfect for him, but never know until you/them hit it.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB

It does. Kinda-semi-sort of. If my 5W doesn't act right more often, I'll give'em both a go to see which I like best.

I was able to take the SH and the EF Hybrid to the range to gap test them. I hit the SH straight as an arrow and was getting about 235 carry. This is a perfect 3 wood replacement for me. Easy to hit off the tee and fairway usable. The EF 4 hybrid is very long, like surprisingly long and easy to hit. I bumped it up to 22 degrees and was getting 210-215 carry. That is about 12 -15 yards longer than my G410 in the same loft. I also have the U85 4 iron at 22 that is my 195-200 yard gap.

All looks promising as of now.

So I finally got a look in hand at a golf galaxy this evening.

I actually love the look at address for those that mentioned it looked open. I really like the way it looks to be honest.

The head is bigger but I compared it to an Epic Flash 3H and it seemed only slightly bigger, nothing way oversized.

I hope the club had a demo I can sneak out this weekend when I go play.

Back