Callaway Super Hybrid

Super Hybrid on the left. Epic Flash 3H on right.

2b5167cb2a924139836a86a3c7221c47.jpg

i took a couple swipes with the 17* paired with recoil zt9 f3. felt great, just powerful bullets off the deck. teed it up on the range and it was a much more appealing flight, just looks in the air like i need more spin. but it was crazy consistent for me. i think a higher loft with that shaft for would be damn near perfect for me.

i took a couple swipes with the 17* paired with recoil zt9 f3. felt great, just powerful bullets off the deck. teed it up on the range and it was a much more appealing flight, just looks in the air like i need more spin. but it was crazy consistent for me. i think a higher loft with that shaft for would be damn near perfect for me.

Just a quick note. That f3 is tipped an inch and is playing right around f4

If I recall, you are a low spin guy right? Change the loft and you might have a winner.

If I recall, you are a low spin guy right? Change the loft and you might have a winner.

yes i am very low spin and low launch. more loft and a higher launch, and this would be a weapon.

Gotta try this. I fight a hook at times with my hybrids. And I’ve gotten rid of fairway woods because of the inconsistency in hitting them due to shaft length (I’m only 5’4”). Right now my longest club after driver is a 20* 39.5” hybrid. But honestly it’s not much longer than my 23* 39” hybrid.
Thinking this club could replace the 20* one if the tech is there. And I like larger hybrid heads.
My worry is the launch though. I struggle there.
Maybe the 20* or 23* would work with a higher launching shaft.

Gotta try this. I fight a hook at times with my hybrids. And I’ve gotten rid of fairway woods because of the inconsistency in hitting them due to shaft length (I’m only 5’4”). Right now my longest club after driver is a 20* 39.5” hybrid. But honestly it’s not much longer than my 23* 39” hybrid.
Thinking this club could replace the 20* one if the tech is there. And I like larger hybrid heads.
My worry is the launch though. I struggle there.
Maybe the 20* or 23* would work with a higher launching shaft.

it is NOT draw bias imho

Are there any sub-100 mph players whove hit the 17 and found it playable? Even in regular flex.... This is where the other hybrids have always caused issues for me in lower lofts...

Are there any sub-100 mph players whove hit the 17 and found it playable? Even in regular flex.... This is where the other hybrids have always caused issues for me in lower lofts...

I’m not much over that with driver. Sub 100 with this and playing the 17 now.

I am at 103-5 and it is very playable. I am not sure what happens when your swing speed dips below 100, but you still have 2 degrees of loft to play with the hosel.

Got my hands on the 20* Reg. Wanted to try the 23* but they didn’t have it.

I was skeptical I couldn’t launch it but it worked. I carry my longest hybrid about 175 with usually 10-15 or so yds of roll. This one was carrying to the 180 flag target green and rolling through. Also there was a 200 yd sign and found a few rolling past that. Best of all, y’all weren’t kidding about the non draw bias. To get it to turn over at all I had to close the face a bit at address. I swung away with no fear of hooking it.
Most shots ended up with a 5-7 yd push.

I will say the head is large so it’s very confidence inspiring. But I could see this being a drawback from uneven lies. I couldn’t find a short tee but it has to be a monster off the tee.

I quit playing fairway woods because I always needed to play them around 41” for contact reasons which zapped them of launch and distance. With this one I felt pretty comfortable swinging it at 40.5”.

Some in hand pics and a comparison pic next to a Halo 4h.194746F3-C32F-4B6A-A04E-C767A628D40D.jpeg27AFA62A-FA37-4A28-B1EB-F0D1C07E8242.jpeg0AC67559-157E-4F58-B054-6409BA935E6A.jpeg63E32049-056E-4D6E-AE77-B87552E4713B.jpeg73681576-F450-4A41-9C26-869822BDD1D9.jpeg

I got mine on the course today. I was a little erratic with it at first, but once I settled down it was all good. This club will be in my bag for the foreseeable future in that spot. I hit one about 260 off of the tee today (wind aided and nice roll). You don’t have to go after it too much to get it out there.

I got mine on the course today. I was a little erratic with it at first, but once I settled down it was all good. This club will be in my bag for the foreseeable future in that spot. I hit one about 260 off of the tee today (wind aided and nice roll). You don’t have to go after it too much to get it out there.

This was exactly me Danimal. I was a bit erratic for the first 3-4 swings and then I settled in and it was solid for me. Including that shot I hit from the deep rough on #9 with @McLovin from 211 out and it went to the very back of the green.

This was exactly me Danimal. I was a bit erratic for the first 3-4 swings and then I settled in and it was solid for me. Including that shot I hit from the deep rough on #9 with @McLovin from 211 out and it went to the very back of the green.

you said “there’s no way this club can get there.”

the club said “hold my beer.”

you said “there’s no way this club can get there.”

the club said “hold my beer.”

Haha, it was more the angle and what I was working with, but carried it deep and if it wasn’t an uphill green, it might have kept going (thankfully it didnt).

My club doesn’t have a demo yet. Hopefully soon. Glad I was able to see one in person last week.

Had great results with this off of the tee and hit it off the deck very easily today. I hit into a par 5 at about 230 into the wind and hit a nice low bullet that was on the green for an eagle attempt ((n)). Hit a few wonky ones but those are me.

Had great results with this off of the tee and hit it off the deck very easily today. I hit into a par 5 at about 230 into the wind and hit a nice low bullet that was on the green for an eagle attempt ((n)). Hit a few wonky ones but those are me.

Nice. I’m heading to the range tomorrow for some time with it

C603BE08-B94C-4EAF-9B5D-FD8266691BB9.jpeg

Yeah, I'm going to need to know more about how that went.

This club is making me want to throw a wrench in my 2020 bag setup.

Yeah, I'm going to need to know more about how that went.

This club is making me want to throw a wrench in my 2020 bag setup.

Just posted on Insta stories. Deep for me. In fairness this was my best one.

8C962211-7303-479F-86F5-76AC3A99F201.jpeg

It has me rethinking my entire bag for 2020 including for the first time in a number of years going without a 2nd driver. Im hitting this one about the same distance and while the 2nd driver is more forgiving and has some comfort, this has far more versatility. I would like to see a bit more spin and launch out of it, so going to loft it up next time out.

Right now I am getting between 220 and 235 out of it on the GCQuad depending on strike, which is very good gap wise for me.

I really like this club. I just don't know how I could get it in the bag.

Back