Callaway Super Hybrid

depending On spin numbers, I feel this could fit my 2nd shot approach onto greens on par 5s. A 3 hybrid is generally not long enough, a 3 wood would be too far. If this spins well, I’d be happy.
I am mentally going through our par 5's trying to envision when I would use this club. I think there is really only 1 that would be feasible for this club. And even then, it's if my drive is poor.

Ugh, I've been racking my brain over this club since it came out. Maybe I'll just hit it and see where the numbers fall. Worth a discussion with the fitter.

I am mentally going through our par 5's trying to envision when I would use this club. I think there is really only 1 that would be feasible for this club. And even then, it's if my drive is poor.

Ugh, I've been racking my brain over this club since it came out. Maybe I'll just hit it and see where the numbers fall. Worth a discussion with the fitter.

I’m sure the next fitting you go to, the fitter will have an idea or two. ;)

Does the normal hybrid adapter fit the head?
You need the new one that fits the big Bertha and later. It says on the club to not use the older adapter, not sure if that’s an absolute though.

I’m sure the next fitting you go to, the fitter will have an idea or two. ;)
Lol, I'm guessing they'll be very familiar with this club.

You need the new one that fits the big Bertha and later. It says on the club to not use the older adapter, not sure if that’s an absolute though.

Yes this is correct. Its smaller in size and weighs less.

Dang so the Epic Hybrid adapter is a no go.

What were you disappointed about?
The look at address. It was horrible IMO. It sits a bit weird to me and is the deepest/tallest hybrid I’ve ever come across. Just very turned off by it, and to me, looks matter as much if not more than performance.

Question for those that have this club. Does the adapter allow for the use of an align grip or does the adapter rotate the shaft?

Question for those that have this club. Does the adapter allow for the use of an align grip or does the adapter rotate the shaft?
If it's the same as the BB hybrids, you can use Align grips, the shaft doesn't rotate.

If it's the same as the BB hybrids, you can use Align grips, the shaft doesn't rotate.
Awesome, thanks! I may have to just order it to confirm :)

The rings move and the shaft stays in the same spot.

The look at address. It was horrible IMO. It sits a bit weird to me and is the deepest/tallest hybrid I’ve ever come across. Just very turned off by it, and to me, looks matter as much if not more than performance.

how does the depth and height compare to fairway woods you have enjoyed?

Is proclubs legit?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yup legit. I’ve bought probably 20+ clubs from them. Never an issue. They are out in Phoenix and get a lot of Tour issue stuff and dump offs from oems and fitters.

how does the depth and height compare to fairway woods you have enjoyed?
Deeper and boxier. It just IMO doesn’t look good at address to me. From the sole it looks good, just behind the ball it doesn’t set up well for me personally.

Deeper and boxier. It just IMO doesn’t look good at address to me. From the sole it looks good, just behind the ball it doesn’t set up well for me personally.

this is deeper than a fairway wood for you? i'm not sure i walked away with that same impression. bigger than a hybrid? for sure. bigger than i expected? yep. but side-by-side next to the epic flash or rogue or another fairway wood, to my eye i don't recall it looking bigger.

this is deeper than a fairway wood for you? i'm not sure i walked away with that same impression. bigger than a hybrid? for sure. bigger than i expected? yep. but side-by-side next to the epic flash or rogue or another fairway wood, to my eye i don't recall it looking bigger.
It certainly felt bigger. Whether that is a visual difference or not, it felt huge.

FWIW I always tend to gravitate towards pro versions or smaller FW’s or hybrids. This one just definitely isn’t, which I don’t think it was intending to be so that’s fine. I’m just unfortunately going to pass when I was pretty sold on it in the lead up.

It certainly felt bigger. Whether that is a visual difference or not, it felt huge.

FWIW I always tend to gravitate towards pro versions or smaller FW’s or hybrids. This one just definitely isn’t, which I don’t think it was intending to be so that’s fine. I’m just unfortunately going to pass when I was pretty sold on it in the lead up.

i'm with you on the size. it's certainly bigger than i expected. so, what are you going to spend that $$$ on now?! :)

I agree, definitely NOT bigger looking than a fairway wood. If you come in expecting this to be a hybrid to a fairway wood, then it is not overly large IMO. If you come in expecting this to be a hybrid to an iron, then yes it is rather large for that purpose, which is NOT its intended purpose so that is really a mute point.

I agree, definitely NOT bigger looking than a fairway wood. If you come in expecting this to be a hybrid to a fairway wood, then it is not overly large IMO. If you come in expecting this to be a hybrid to an iron, then yes it is rather large for that purpose, which is NOT its intended purpose so that is really a mute point.

it’s like the smallest fairway woods in modern times is exactly how I view it

i'm with you on the size. it's certainly bigger than i expected. so, what are you going to spend that $$$ on now?! :)
Probably a baby haha

it’s like the smallest fairway woods in modern times is exactly how I view it
I agree with this take. I don’t mind the size at all, actually gives me confidence in that spot. I think that is the primary point of the club for mooks like me who can’t hit a FW.

We have a lot of info at our disposal and are doing a live Q&A on Instagram Stories right now on these.
THPGolf, click the stories and you can find the box to ask a question on Super Hybrids.

I have 0 interest in this club but there was a demo available so I hit it while getting my clubs re gripped. Its an absolute bomber!!! I love my 3w and 2iron so the super hybrid isn't on my radar realistically, but its very impressive to hit. Way bigger than a hybrid and does look funny behind the ball but it flat out performs

I usually have a tendency to pull hybrids so I haven't carried one in years. I didnt grossly pull this once after about 20 swings. small sample size I know but I never had the fear of yanking it left like other hybrids

For me personally its not a tee club and par 5's I pretty much would never have that much distance left that I would need to use it. For long hitters I dont think its a useful club, but it does flat out perform really really well! I had some crazy ball speeds with it

For long hitters I dont think its a useful club, but it does flat out perform really really well! I had some crazy ball speeds with it

I believe @Canadan had a different take after a weekend of use.

Back