Callaway Super Hybrid

Thanks, JB. I really had no idea on material on EF.

Thanks, Mpeterson.

So much for my engineering career. lol. Either way, whatever they did to this super hybrid is pretty good. rocket ship.

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Hahah. Well the good news is you now know you have a Titanium face and like it.

I need to try this thing... Unfortunately nowhere around here has it in LH to hit.

Thanks, JB. I really had no idea on material on EF.

Thanks, Mpeterson.

So much for my engineering career. lol. Either way, whatever they did to this super hybrid is pretty good. rocket ship.

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Now I really need to try the super hybrid. I still haven't hit it but I think it would be really really fun in the 3h spot.

I hit a few drives with this thing today which were bombs. This is a much better club for me than a 3 wood. I had a couple sketchy shots with it off of the deck but is was a sloppy mess and I will attribute it to the conditions more than anything else.

I hit a few drives with this thing today which were bombs. This is a much better club for me than a 3 wood. I had a couple sketchy shots with it off of the deck but is was a sloppy mess and I will attribute it to the conditions more than anything else.

I’m with you here. I just prefer it to a fairway wood at this point.

This just might be happening!

Wife asked what I wanted for Christmas
I really need to hit the Super Hybrid as that’s what I think I want.

Price on SuperHybrids in Team THP bags by the end of the day? I'm going 8.

Must be a bunch of FW lovers there. Plus ”different” choices Are probably in the mix. I go under 8 as well.

Must be a bunch of FW lovers there. Plus ”different” choices Are probably in the mix. I go under 8 as well.
Or other alternatives we don’t know about. :p

Just so I don't get completely rinsed, I was talking 8 clubs total. I don't think they will make it into 8 bags.

The rings move and the shaft stays in the same spot.

callaway has the best adaptor in the business in my humble opinion. That one reason may keep me buying the clubs. Idon’t know why other companies have not tried something similar.

Going tomorrow to Golf Galaxy. I’ll try out some different clubs and decide what to get. Hybrid is high on my list but we will see. I’ve got a spot in the bag for a 200 plus yard club and if it moved the FW 3 out that’s fine to.

I think the Super Hybrid 17* is a great concept.
Specifically, I've observed that most amateur players prefer hitting driver off of every par 4 or par 5 tee box. And most amateur players say they don't hit their 3-wood well from the fairway, so that club ends up sitting in the bag and rarely gets swung.
Now enter the Super Hybrid (shorter shaft and smaller head than a 3-wood), and I expect players will get better shot results with it , playing long shots from the fairway then they would a 3-wood.
One bag configuration that might make good sense is driver, 17* Super Hybrid, 19* 5-wood.
* the 5-wood will fly on a higher trajectory and will play better out of the rough than a 17* hybrid, so I don't thing carrying both within the bag is a duplication.

I’m with you here. I just prefer it to a fairway wood at this point.
Do you feel that the 3 Hybrid version is too long to replace a Rogue X 3 Hybrid (215 yard club)?
The feedback has been where it seems that this hybrid is more of a FW replacement.

I'm curious to hear the feedback from the Grandaddy Team, since they have gamed it and it's not redacted.

I didn't get to see it action, but I know @NoShanks had some great success with the super hybrid this week. He's the guy they designed this club for.

I didn't get to see it action, but I know @NoShanks had some great success with the super hybrid this week. He's the guy they designed this club for.

I think Dan, @badolds - went with a couple SHs in his bag?

This will get a try out, I like small FW's and can never make a hybrid last for more than a month. But this looks real promising with the best of both worlds wrapped up in one.

I think Dan, @badolds - went with a couple SHs in his bag?

I have a 20 and 23 degree Super Hybrid in my Grandaddy bag. The stock 80 gram Tensei Orange fit me very well with Trackman numbers in the high 240's total distance for the 20 degree. I cannot wait to hit it some more.

I have a 20 and 23 degree Super Hybrid in my Grandaddy bag. The stock 80 gram Tensei Orange fit me very well with Trackman numbers in the high 240's total distance for the 20 degree. I cannot wait to hit it some more.
If you struck shots with the 17* Super Hybrid, how did your carry distance compare to the yardage you carry the 20*?

If you struck shots with the 17* Super Hybrid, how did your carry distance compare to the yardage you carry the 20*?

I have not hit a 17* Super Hybrid. I have not gotten along with a 3 hybrid in the past and there was not time at the Callaway fitting to try too much stuff. I do not remember the carry distance from the fitting.

I have not hit a 17* Super Hybrid. I have not gotten along with a 3 hybrid in the past and there was not time at the Callaway fitting to try too much stuff. I do not remember the carry distance from the fitting.

I know I carry a 17* and 20* about the same yardage. So for me the "distance difference" for those relatively low lofted clubs is that the lower lofted club bounces and rolls 10 to 15 more yards. Off the tee box that can be helpful, but playing into a green, not so much.
So your new Callaway bag has a driver, 15* 3-wood, 20* and 23* Super Hybrids ?

Back