Callaway Super Hybrid

There is a 95% chance that this club has replaced my 3w...first few shots struggled with contact, but once I moved it back in my stance it was just rude how well I hit this club.

If you are on the fence for one of these, don’t be. With the right shaft this club is killer.

Hit the Super Hybrid twice yesterday off the tee.

Pushed the first one just to the right into the light rough. Wasn’t bad though. Second was an absolute missile off the tee in the fairway.

Absolutely loving this off the tee. Still loving the muted sound too.

Last edited:
These things are quickly changing my mind about Hybrids, played a pretty ragged course today and hit these off some real tight crappy fairways and a couple times out of just really poor rough and the shots came off much better than ever expected.
I find the 23* to be very versatile for shorter (180+/-) into the wind shots that need to land softly. This old muni has all elevated and crowned greens so coming in high is important and even with the 17* got it to stop from 200.

This, or a HW? ?

James you will be just smiling and laughing after hitting these suckers. And with your speed the 17* would be a 260-270 high floater...maybe more.

I do need to get a heavier weight for the 17, when I reshafted with the GD AD DI 85 I missed my SW by 3 points. Lead tape cured it, but it bothers me to look at it.

James you will be just smiling and laughing after hitting these suckers. And with your speed the 17* would be a 260-270 high floater...maybe more.
My only hesitance is, I’m a fade player and I know these are definitely anti left.

Question for anyone that might know, which other club weights might fit these. Billy Bobs doesn't seem to know.

My only hesitance is, I’m a fade player and I know these are definitely anti left.

I think a lot of that has to do with the Tensei Orange which is pretty tip stiff for a stock shaft offering.

I tried it with a Kuro Kage the other day and it was baby draws the whole time.

Question for anyone that might know, which other club weights might fit these. Billy Bobs doesn't seem to know.

Looks like the same weight as the Mavrik which I believe is the same as the epic flash FW @Jman might know better than I

Looks like the same weight as the Mavrik which I believe is the same as the epic flash FW @Jman might know better than I
Never had the Flash fw so I'm no help there. ?

Visually it looks to be the same though!

is the head as big as the head on the BB19 hybrid?

I am LOVING the BB19 but FOMO has me thinking that in 6wks, I may be ready for the SUPAH DUPAH :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cool::cool::cool:

A627C568-332B-46A0-ACD0-AAE0B3A7E829.jpeg

this was from 252 in the rough on a par 5. Hit a high cut that landed on the green and rolled 5 feet from the ball mark divot. 17* super hybrid. One of my favorite shots from the Grandaddy.

Generally hybrids makes me nervous because I always over cook them left. I feel this was made for someone like me.

I am LOVING the BB19 but FOMO has me thinking that in 6wks, I may be ready for the SUPAH DUPAH :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cool::cool::cool:

imho these are two different animals. yes both are distance monsters, but for me the super is less forgiving than the bb. i found the bb to be a high launch low spin club. super is more like low/mid launch low spin, at least for me. it’s why we had to loft up to 23* to hit the right window.

imho these are two different animals. yes both are distance monsters, but for me the super is less forgiving than the bb. i found the bb to be a high launch low spin club. super is more like low/mid launch low spin, at least for me. it’s why we had to loft up to 23* to hit the right window.

hopefully, my shop will have an LH model to try out...

Mine arrives on Tuesday!!

It was supposed to but the 17° were backordered... I got the delivery notification on Friday that mine cleared customs...

Billy bob's golf is kind of sure the weights from the EPIC Hybrids will fit, no one else seems to want to confirm or deny and I guess there is not a lot of them in the wild yet for some of the club junkies here to have both yet.
Ordered a 14 gr weight to give it a try, they also have a 18 for those who like some Head weight....

20* ordered.

View attachment 8925039

this was from 252 in the rough on a par 5. Hit a high cut that landed on the green and rolled 5 feet from the ball mark divot. 17* super hybrid. One of my favorite shots from the Grandaddy.

Generally hybrids makes me nervous because I always over cook them left. I feel this was made for someone like me.
Boom! That is a pretty picture!

Back