Callaway Super Hybrid

Is @e1iterate the only one who cut theirs down or is everyone else just rolling with the stock length?

Is @e1iterate the only one who cut theirs down or is everyone else just rolling with the stock length?
I put a different shaft in it playing at 41 which is a half inch shorter.

It appears that most went 1/2 inch shorter... That’s what I’m going to do too...

It appears that most went 1/2 inch shorter... That’s what I’m going to do too...

Probably a good call for us shorter dudes anyway.

Pondering getting the 20* to round out the top of the bag, then lofting the 23 up to 25 and the 17 down to 16 with the 20 in the middle. Might be too much overlap but a fun ponder. Going to put the 17 down to 16 tomorrow and see if I can get it off the deck.

Just to update you tinkering folks, the EPIC ? Flash Hybrid weight from Billy Bob's golf fits the super hybrid perfectly.

Man, I hit this thing (20*) off the deck yesterday at GG. The first ball I absolutely crushed and carried 223 and rolled out to over 240.....Of course, I could never repeat that swing again as I thought I needed to really "get on it", but wow was it sweet. Looking forward to seeing how it fares in my fitting in a couple of weeks.

Pondering getting the 20* to round out the top of the bag, then lofting the 23 up to 25 and the 17 down to 16 with the 20 in the middle. Might be too much overlap but a fun ponder. Going to put the 17 down to 16 tomorrow and see if I can get it off the deck.

I feel once you get past 20 degrees with this club it starts to look kinda strange. The head size and visible loft just don't match up. Someone will call me out and mention 9 and 11 woods. I know I know. I think it has to do with the shape of these hybrids.

Sorry for the skim, but has anyone hit the 23? Super intrigued by that one.

i'm your huckleberry.

I was pretty shocked that gerritt wanted me in this club. i'm a low launch, low spin guy. so to be handed a low spin hybrid was not what I expected. but with that loft, it really did gap perfectly. we hit my 5i and 5w just to make sure, and gerritt loved it for me. all stock 23* super hybrid. if I have a beef with it, I would like to have it built just a bit over standard. it feels a little strange to look down at a clubhead that large on a shaft that short.

My Super Hybrid (17°) arrived today, and I haven’t hit it yet, but WOW it just looks like a hybrid on steroids...

View attachment 8925328
Comparison with the Rogue X & Rogue

View attachment 8925329

View attachment 8925330
Question? This club at stock length is way longer than the Rogue X (18°) hybrid that it’s replacing, anyone have trouble with the length and cut theirs down?

Wow. That head size is confidence boosting...the BB19 head is big but this seems bigger

I feel once you get past 20 degrees with this club it starts to look kinda strange. The head size and visible loft just don't match up. Someone will call me out and mention 9 and 11 woods. I know I know. I think it has to do with the shape of these hybrids.
As someone who has had a 9 and 11 in the bag in the last year these don't bother me a bit and the performance outweighs just about anything.

Ok mine is cut down 1/2 inch... It’s in the bag for tomorrow...

I played with my 17° Super Hybrid on the course today, and the results were mixed:

I hit some great shots with it off of the tee, it seems to have a fade bias (which is great for me).

I struggled with it few times that I hit it off of the deck...

More feedback tomorrow...

I played with my 17° Super Hybrid on the course today, and the results were mixed:

I hit some great shots with it off of the tee, it seems to have a fade bias (which is great for me).

What did you think of the sound and feel?

What did you think of the sound and feel?
The sound is muted which I like, it feels great too... I just need to get the kinks worked out off the deck...

The sound is muted which I like, it feels great too... I just need to get the kinks worked out off the deck...

I finally hit a good one on course off the deck today.

thin contact off the deck?

Yes... thin worm burners

i have experienced this too. thin misses aren’t great with this. but if you can stay down, maybe a little descending blow, and this club comes alive.

i have experienced this too. thin misses aren’t great with this. but if you can stay down, maybe a little descending blow, and this club comes alive.
Off the tee ?... I hit it off the tee 3 times today and hit 3 high butter cut bombs...

Fade bias is music to my ears. Will be interested to hear if that holds up for you.

I forgot to mention I did loft up to 18* just to test but I never got to hit it off the tee as it was the Super Bowl scramble yesterday at the club.

Good feedback guys.
I'm really interested in a 17* to replace my 3 wood but if its poor on thin strikes I cant see it being much more useful. I'm so shallow that thin is my life.

Back