Callaway Super Hybrid

As I have, over the last couple of years, developed the complete inability/lack of confidence in hitting a FW off the deck, I'm definitely going to be trying these out if/when I get healthy again (platelet enriched plasma infusion Wednesday for tendon tears in elbow, so I'm on the disabled list for 6 weeks or so). As a low ball hitter, and not so impressive swing speed, I'll be debating whether to go with a 20 or the 23 degree, and also what shaft (suspect I will want/need something higher launching than the stock shaft, as impressive as it is).

Holy open effing face and low spin Batman. :oops:

As I have, over the last couple of years, developed the complete inability/lack of confidence in hitting a FW off the deck, I'm definitely going to be trying these out if/when I get healthy again (platelet enriched plasma infusion Wednesday for tendon tears in elbow, so I'm on the disabled list for 6 weeks or so). As a low ball hitter, and not so impressive swing speed, I'll be debating whether to go with a 20 or the 23 degree, and also what shaft (suspect I will want/need something higher launching than the stock shaft, as impressive as it is).
I put a PX Catalyst Hybrid shaft that I ordered directly from Callaway. Seems to fit the bill for me. For of a Mid launch.

Not sure if already mentioned, but the Apex hybrid weight works in this head. Stock weight was 7g and my Apex was a 9g. Swapped them for a smidge more head feel in the SH.

The family is complete, picked up a 20* so loft up the 23* to 25* and the 17* down to 16* with the 20* in the middle set at S/D.

The bag is complete lets play golf!!! no more excuses I am after a career low round in the next few weeks.

Well a guy can have goals anyway...we will see how it plays out.

Ok I had my best round with the Super Hybrid since purchase...

This thing is real weapon, I finally tinkered with the settings & set it to the Draw setting... And hit nothing but bombs with a slight cut...

I’m in love...

This thing is real weapon, I finally tinkered with the settings & set it to the Draw setting... And hit nothing but bombs with a slight cut...

I’m in love...
Love to see this. I am ”Super “ happy as well.

Still depressed another golfer was demoing the super hybrid and I didn't get to try it. Next week for sure!!

I hit the super hybrid a ton on course on Friday. I was fairly erratic with it at times, which I attribute to my rusty swing...but when I put a good pass on it, it is very impressive. I’m really excited to dial it in with a range session rather than just jumping on course. I’d also like to try the stock shaft in an X.

This thing is pretty darn impressive when i put a good swing on it. Hit it off the tee 3 times and was in the FW 2/3 times. Pounded it on a par 5 off the deck and was greenside with a power fade.

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered—I’ve been told that the adapter for the Epic Flash hybrids work for the Super Hybrid. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered—I’ve been told that the adapter for the Epic Flash hybrids work for the Super Hybrid. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!
Yes it works.

This thing is pretty darn impressive when i put a good swing on it. Hit it off the tee 3 times and was in the FW 2/3 times. Pounded it on a par 5 off the deck and was greenside with a power fade.
Off the deck it is a pretty awesome substitute for a fw. Off the tee it is really long, but I need to work on my consistency with it.

I tried one today with my 42.5" long 3 wood shaft in it....goooood grief do I need that setup. It was heavy but the distance seemed comparable to my 3 wood, but much easier to make good contact.

Thoughts on this vs the Mavrik MAX. loft would be 20*

thx

mav max will be more closed at address, and have more draw bias. it should also launch higher and spin more.

I have a mav max 5w and a super 23*.

Was out of town yesterday and dropped into the closest Golftown to my house and they didn’t even have the Super Hybrid on the rack, in fact they haven’t even seen one! I really would like to try one or 2 out as I want to replace a 3 wood and 3 hybrid with some Callaway woods. Very frustrating the selection is so limited, didn’t even have a Mavrik Pro Hybrid....bummed out. Hoping they get something in soon.

Surprised and disappointed that Callaway didn't have the Super Hybrid today.

Reason? The fitter said they are on back order and they didn't anticipate the demand for the super hybrid and ordered a limited quantity on the initial order.

Perhaps that's why @Jman and other have this on backordered for a substantial amount of time.

The fitter told me not many expected this to be a hot seller at that price tag but to their shock they have been in demand. Looks like Callaway found something just a little letdown that they didn't think this would do well.

I’m in love...

I seem to hit this better in the draw setting, as well.

Question for anyone that has hit both the 17 and 23 degree with same shaft profile. On average, how many yards difference did you see between the 2 lofts.

Also if you are playing a SH, what fairway wood (if applicable) are you also playing to get proper gapping?

Appreciate all input....it seems like there are very few Super Hybrids in my area to demo and lead time is like 6 weeks minimum so may have to order without even getting a chance to demo otherwise I might not get in hand until June or July. Thanks.

Question for anyone that has hit both the 17 and 23 degree with same shaft profile. On average, how many yards difference did you see between the 2 lofts.

Also if you are playing a SH, what fairway wood (if applicable) are you also playing to get proper gapping?

Appreciate all input....it seems like there are very few Super Hybrids in my area to demo and lead time is like 6 weeks minimum so may have to order without even getting a chance to demo otherwise I might not get in hand until June or July. Thanks.

I have only hit the 17*, so I cannot provide info responsive to your first question. As far as where it fits in your bag, some are saying it can replace a 3 wood. That is not the case for me. I am seeing ball speed equivalent to a really good 5 wood. I am going back and forth with a 5 wood and the SH in the bag, depending on the course, but I still want a 3 wood in my bag. However, what I have noticed is the better I am swinging, the more ball speed I see in the SH, relative to other clubs. I think higher swing speed players may get enough juice out of this to see it as a 3 wood replacement.

Just got mine in Friday in time for yesterday’s round. I’m lefty, got the 17 turned it down to 16 and put it in the draw setting and was hitting absolute bombs. Have a short par 4 that’s 291 to the center, 274 to the front and drove it to the front of the green with the SH. Loved this off the tee and that was with no practice with it and having never hit one before.

I play driver, now putting SH in the bag and my next club is my 20 apex 3h. I’m a pretty high swing speed and longer hitter so i never needed to use fairway woods off the ground, my longest shots i could reach with my hybrid so i just took them out of the bag and added another wedge.

With this being a bit larger head do standard hybrid covers from the likes of Swag or Rose & Fire fit it?

Back