Callaway Super Hybrid

@badolds do you recall from your ecpc fitting whether you are high/low launch, and high/low spin? also remind me what your driver ss is.

@badolds do you recall from your ecpc fitting whether you are high/low launch, and high/low spin? also remind me what your driver ss is.

With driver I am low launch high spin. My driver ss is 105-110.

Are these still on delayed shipping? Callaway site is saying 4-6 weeks, but curious if anyone has found a better source. The ponder on these is strong.

Are these still on delayed shipping? Callaway site is saying 4-6 weeks, but curious if anyone has found a better source. The ponder on these is strong.

The 17* is the only one that I have heard of delays. Mine took several weeks unfortunately but I have heard that Golf Galaxy and PGA SS have them in stock. I hope you can find one quick but they are worth the wait if it comes down to it.

They’re like unicorn poop in the UK. Can’t get one new or used.

The 17* is the only one that I have heard of delays. Mine took several weeks unfortunately but I have heard that Golf Galaxy and PGA SS have them in stock. I hope you can find one quick but they are worth the wait if it comes down to it.

Actually found a 17˚ on a local store's website. Waiting for pickup confirmation now.

i hit my 23* twice off the tee today. currently i have it set to the draw setting. i might move it back to standard though. both shots drew, not terribly but more than i wanted. one was 227, the other 211. i’m getting more comfortable with this as a tee option, need to trust it off the deck.

Am I missing something here? With these distances why would anyone play a 3w?

What is the lowest swing speed of you guys gaming this club? Is the SH working for you?

Last edited:
What is the lowest swing speed of you guys gaming this club? Is the SH working for you?
Frank, I would guess I am low to mid 90's on a good day, still gaming all 3 but I could easily drop the 20* and not miss it.
I just don't have that distance often and really I am still figuring out thos distances, the 17* off the tee can go 220 but off the deck 200 is about it. But it is all strike dependent as always and with my recent struggles that is a mystery of who is showing up.

Am I missing something here? With these distances why would anyone play a 3w?
You are not missing anything sir, I do not see a fairway wood returning to my bag anytime soon.

Frank, I would guess I am low to mid 90's on a good day, still gaming all 3 but I could easily drop the 20* and not miss it.
I just don't have that distance often and really I am still figuring out thos distances, the 17* off the tee can go 220 but off the deck 200 is about it. But it is all strike dependent as always and with my recent struggles that is a mystery of who is showing up.
Thanks! How do the 17* SH distances compare to your 3w?

Ordered the 17* today. Shows 6-8 weeks, so plenty of time to wait patiently :eek:

My buddy had this and I hit it today at the range. Will definitely go on the ponder list. Only spot in the bag that is currently not locked up.

I supposedly have one on the way, looking forward to trying it. Ordered it from a demo day and there was apparently a mix-up.

Turns out the store I ordered from didn't have one in stock, but they are putting an order in with Callaway. Not a must have item as I hit my 3W well enough so I'm going to let them work it out so they can get the sale. They're one of the few actual local shops left and I'd like to see them survive.

EDIT: Just got an update from the LGS and they're hoping to have it in a week or two so fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Back