Callaway Super Hybrid

And mine's still on back order. One day...

Mine showed up today.
17* with the tensei pro orange.

excited to test it out at the range hopefully soon. Also have an aldila rogue black that I’m going to have an adapter put on and test against the tensei.

really hoping this becomes my fairway finder on less than driver tight holes.

Trying to decide between this and Mavrick pro for my 20 hybrid.🤔

Trying to decide between this and Mavrick pro for my 20 hybrid.🤔

have you tested both? they're pretty darn different in my eyes.

have you tested both? they're pretty darn different in my eyes.
I tested the 17 super and 20 pro. I just want something reliable between my 3w and 4i.

My experiment has to wait... ordered head only via eBay and then a Callaway Hybrid Shaft but unfortunately it appears the tip is for a different hybrid.

Sad Panda

20200615_202523.jpg

I have had the 17* in the bag for quite a few rounds now and the 23* is back in the bag to stay after a brief 4 iron experiment. The three headed Super Hybrid attack is not for everybody but I am hoping my experience can help you choose one if you have been considering one. My driver swing speed is 105-110 for reference.

All three clubs share a great sound/feel at impact and a face that is hot all the way across. They have a fade bias built in but my stock shot with them is a high baby draw. They are ridiculously long and my misses turn out night and day better with these compared to long irons or fairway woods.

The 23* is of course the highest launching of the three and is a 225 yard club for me. I cannot hit a consistent fade with any club so I use the 23* off the tee on dogleg holes to easily hit it over the trouble and find the fairway with a clear second shot into the green. It launches very high off of a short tee and plenty high enough to get over trees when hitting from the fairway or light rough. This is a perfect club to replace a four iron in your bag although it will be a bit longer.

The 20* is the most versatile of the three and is a 250 yard club for me. This is the one that would benefit the most golfers because it launches high enough off the tee to get over trouble and has enough loft to get airborne from the deck. I turn to this club on the tee box on holes where hitting the fairway is a necessity. This club will replace a five wood and will creep into three wood distance.

The 17* was on backorder for a quite a while so I don't have as many rounds with it as the other two. This one is a 270 yard plus club for me and I have verified it with gps on the course several times. I thought it would be a tee only club for me but I have been pleasantly surprised how well I hit it off the deck. I can be wild with the driver at times and this club makes my cone of uncertainty considerably smaller than driver. I do not hit it perfect every time but the toe side miss hits still have enough pop to keep me in the hole. If my driver has abandoned me I can use this on any hole with a chance to make par. Off the deck It produces low launching missiles that are fun to send downrange. Yesterday I had 268 to the pin with a low hanging branch about 30 yards out and a full tree above. I knew the other two would hit the tree so I grabbed the 17* with a who gives a !@$# attitude. I knocked a small branch off the tree and still ended up in the front greenside bunker. This club will easily replace a three wood and will give your driver a scare.

20200401_183926.jpg

I’m so glad that I ordered this club, pre-Covid related backorders.

FB545EAF-19DA-45D4-AA8F-1F9F1E273E0C.jpeg
This past Sunday on the Par 5 10th, I hit a great drive (gold tees), and had a go at this in two. With the wind in, I hit the Super Hybrid 17°, it flew past the pin and hopped off the back.

I made par, due to a less than stellar chip from behind the green. This club continues to be impressive.

Finally heard back from the LGS. My Super Hybrid is supposed to ship this week! Hoping it gets here in time for some weekend golf!

i hit this once today. short par 5, 225 to the pin. hit a really nice shot that was pushed just a touch. 220 per arccos, just to the right of the green. and felt amazing. i don’t want to give up on this club because when it’s good it’s incredible.

Mine's finally delivered! Just late enough for me not to have enough time to scoop it before league! :beat-up: Will definitely be picking it up before my round this weekend though....

Just pulled the trigger on a 20*. Trying to bridge the gap between my 3 wood and 4 iron. 3 wood goes ab 260 and 4 iron ab 220. Hoping this can be 235-240 range. Thoughts?

Just pulled the trigger on a 20*. Trying to bridge the gap between my 3 wood and 4 iron. 3 wood goes ab 260 and 4 iron ab 220. Hoping this can be 235-240 range. Thoughts?
What is your driver swing speed?

hovers at 115 plus or minus.
I think you will need to loft it +2 degrees if you want to stay in that 240 range. I am not sure that will tame it enough. I predict you will hit it about 260. Keep us posted Siz.

I think you will need to loft it +2 degrees if you want to stay in that 240 range. I am not sure that will tame it enough. I predict you will hit it about 260. Keep us posted Siz.

Wow! That is a monster club! Maybe I should have gotten the 23*.

I’ll update once it is in hand.

After being automatic for a lot longer than I ever expected the 17* is in time out. We will see what a few rounds with a 3 wood does for the game. It might just bring the 17 back out of time out or send it on its way.

23* Super Hybrid is on the way. I’m taking advantage of the trade in bonus and ending the UT experiment. I was just too inconsistent with it and after my distance fitting for what I need in the spot the 23* will fit the need. Hopefully it doesn’t take long to get it because these are on back order.

23* Super Hybrid is on the way. I’m taking advantage of the trade in bonus and ending the UT experiment. I was just too inconsistent with it and after my distance fitting for what I need in the spot the 23* will fit the need. Hopefully it doesn’t take long to get it because these are on back order.

I’m with you. UT is great off tee but not versatile enough on other shots to warrant a full time bag spot.

I ordered 20 and hoping it was right choice over 23. Looking for a 5 wood/UT replacement.

I’m with you. UT is great off tee but not versatile enough on other shots to warrant a full time bag spot.

I ordered 20 and hoping it was right choice over 23. Looking for a 5 wood/UT replacement.
Yeah I was more often than not scrambling after the UT than hitting a target. Don’t have the game for it and the Super hybrid should make that spot in the bag reliable again

Yeah I was more often than not scrambling after the UT than hitting a target. Don’t have the game for it and the Super hybrid should make that spot in the bag reliable again

It was a great tee club but that is 1-2 max per round. Too many times inneed that yardage into a par 5 and didn’t trust the UT enough off the deck.

If Super Hy-Bird can do both we have a winner!

Back