Callaway Super Hybrid

My biggest issue with my 17* SH is the its lack of consistency where distance is concerned. It's the only club in my bag that I don't have a pretty reasonable front-to-back dispersion window. It's like the sweet spot is ridiculously small for such a large face. And I'm lucky if I pull it once or twice a round, so it's not like I'm getting much practice with it. But when I put a good swing on it, oh my ...

How much was it during the sale?
With tax and shipping it was $213. A great deal, wish it would’ve worked out :( It was actually listed as very good but it looked new.

With tax and shipping it was $213. A great deal, wish it would’ve worked out :( It was actually listed as very good but it looked new.
I think when I find one of these for around 200 bucks, it's going to happen.

That's the price I'll pay. And then? Celebrations.

I think when I find one of these for around 200 bucks, it's going to happen.

That's the price I'll pay. And then? Celebrations.
To be honest, I got it for my back up bag that I leave at my in-laws lake house. I also got 3 and 4 Big Bertha 2019 hybrids. I hit the 3h almost as far as the Super but with MUCH better consistency. I ended up throwing in a TM M4 3HL after driver then going 3/4h at the top of the bag. Those Berthas with Jailbreak and Optifit tech are stellar.

To be honest, I got it for my back up bag that I leave at my in-laws lake house. I also got 3 and 4 Big Bertha 2019 hybrids. I hit the 3h almost as far as the Super but with MUCH better consistency. I ended up throwing in a TM M4 3HL after driver then going 3/4h at the top of the bag. Those Berthas with Jailbreak and Optifit tech are stellar.
Yes! 100%.
My main issue with the Super Hybrid? The Big Berthas are better.

Yes! 100%.
My main issue with the Super Hybrid? The Big Berthas are better.
Yes and at $100 like new are a steal right now.

I am worried about you.

Hehe I tried to make it work. Even had a 3 wood shaft in there for awhile. It was amazing off the tee but I just couldn't elevate it off the deck...making it no different than my 3 wood.

Hehe I tried to make it work. Even had a 3 wood shaft in there for awhile. It was amazing off the tee but I just couldn't elevate it off the deck...making it no different than my 3 wood.
Oh yeah, I could see that.

I don't seem to struggle elevating things, for some weird reason..

I had to raise the loft in the Super just to get it in the air, at that point it was basically the same as the BB 3h except the BB was much easier to hit. Pity cause I loved the look of the Super.

My Super Hybrids were impeccable today. After two wipey fades with driver to start the round hole four has OB down the right side. Not feeling confident with the big stick I pulled the 17* and gutted the fairway. Par five hole nine I had 230 to the pin. I hit the 23* a bit left but pin high. Hole thirteen is a long par four with a tree to get over and a lake on the left. I could not find a level lie on the box and with the ball above my feet and the lake on the left I opted for the 20* and hit a perfect safe shot in the middle. After a pulled tee shot on the short par Five eighteenth i had another hook lie with 230 left to the flag. I hit a nice high draw that I thought was going to be great but it landed in the left bunker on the fly. A sandy birdie to end the round.

I bought my Super Hybrid a little over a year ago. It has been in and out of my bag since, but recently, I have made a real commitment to it in between my strong 3 wood and 19 degree Cobra hybrid. I have a great deal of confidence with it right now, particularly when I need a very straight tee club that will give me 235 to 245 yards off the tee. It really is a great club.

i want one of these so bad...

i want one of these so bad...
Callaway pre-owned has a pretty good selection and the Black Friday sale is coming soon.

Callaway pre-owned has a pretty good selection and the Black Friday sale is coming soon.

that is what i am holding out for...when they had the 30% off sale on hybrids last month (or the month before?), i almost pulled the trigger on one

I got to use this one time during my 9 hole round today. Par 5... I snap hooked my drive. I was about 300 out. I hit this club out of a light rough. It had the most beautiful ball flight. I was hitting almost dead into a 20 mile an hour wind and Arccos measured it at 231, leaving me about 80 yards to the pin. This is now cementing itself into my bag for 2021.

This is becoming a club in which I have a lot of confidence. It was fantastic off the tee on some short par 4s over the weekend, hitting my intended target line each time and giving me the same type of distance I would normally see from a strong 5 wood.

After hitting a couple slices with driver to start the round I hit a great shot with the 17* on the next hole that has OB all down the right side. The 23* was solid with an approach into a par five and got me back in good shape after a poor tee shot on a tight par four.

I am about to just pin this thread for the next year to talk about it after every round hahaha

Even with a two-week-off swing I can feel tons of confidence that I will be able to eliminate my fairway wood next year in favor of this club.

I am about to just pin this thread for the next year to talk about it after every round hahaha

Even with a two-week-off swing I can feel tons of confidence that I will be able to eliminate my fairway wood next year in favor of this club.

reeeeaaaaaaaaallllllllllyyyyyyyy?

Back