Callaway Super Hybrid

Looking forward in what you think and how you plan to use this club. I need to get this on the outside range sometime soon to make my final decision.
What loft were you looking at? I have the 17 and I am going to set it to 16 for a 3 wood replacement. I want to see how this thing launches off of the fairway. I am gambling that it will be Super.

What loft were you looking at? I have the 17 and I am going to set it to 16 for a 3 wood replacement. I want to see how this thing launches off of the fairway. I am gambling that it will be Super.
Probably the 20 degree to replace my 19 degree.

The super hybrid swings and hits like a hybrid but goes like a fairway wood. Unless the swing is hot garbage it just goes straight and aggressive.

some of the distances I was hitting with it off the tee today were just laughable....although I don’t think @EnglishTurn was laughing :D

I think people are going to really love this product. Especially those looking for a hybrid between a hybrid and a fairway wood. It pretty much nails it.

oh and it sounds pretty good too!
Super hybrid and, more importantly, Forge tec's will be ordered shortly. 2 legit, 2 legit to quit...

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Looking at the possibility of getting the 17* model.

Super hybrid and, more importantly, Forge tec's will be ordered shortly. 2 legit, 2 legit to quit...

I cannot wait to hear what you think of both!!

I cannot wait to hear what you think of both!!
Done son!
f6856812bb427538effc0f9d592e4eb2.jpg

I was able to hit this yesterday. I have to say I am very very impressed by it. It really does everything they say it is going to do. It is the most fade biased hybrid I have hit. The head size is large, but not too big. It falls pretty much in between your standard hybrid and fairway wood size. The Ti face is hot hot hot and feels great. This is a club that truly could replace your fairway wood if you wanted too. I am a big fan of everything this club is except one thing. The price. $319 for a hybrid, even a super one is pretty steep.

I was able to hit this yesterday. I have to say I am very very impressed by it. It really does everything they say it is going to do. It is the most fade biased hybrid I have hit. The head size is large, but not too big. It falls pretty much in between your standard hybrid and fairway wood size. The Ti face is hot hot hot and feels great. This is a club that truly could replace your fairway wood if you wanted too. I am a big fan of everything this club is except one thing. The price. $319 for a hybrid, even a super one is pretty steep.
What loft did you hit? I am waiting for my 17 to show up. I know that it is a hefty price, but I would expect to pay 3 hundo for a fairway so it’s a push. Justification is easy if you’re out of your mind o_O!

I just got the 17 yesterday. So far it seems very easy to elevate and long.

I just got the 17 yesterday. So far it seems very easy to elevate and long.

Stock ? shaft? What are you setting your EF hybri at?

Stock ? shaft? What are you setting your EF hybri at?
It is the stock PO. Playing neutral right now. I'll get a better idea on the course tomorrow.

i hit this in the store the other night. all stock 20*. i did not get along with it. like, at all. couldn’t get much distance out of it, but was living on the heel pretty badly. i hit another oem’s 23* driving iron and was getting less ball speed by a long shot but more distance, despite also living on the heel with it. i was very confused. i’m still intrigued to test this with someone who can get it up for me, because i think all stock they tensei pro orange is just way too much for my slow, not very aggressive transition. that’s the only thing i could think was causing so much distance loss.

i hit this in the store the other night. all stock 20*. i did not get along with it. like, at all. couldn’t get much distance out of it, but was living on the heel pretty badly. i hit another oem’s 23* driving iron and was getting less ball speed by a long shot but more distance, despite also living on the heel with it. i was very confused. i’m still intrigued to test this with someone who can get it up for me, because i think all stock they tensei pro orange is just way too much for my slow, not very aggressive transition. that’s the only thing i could think was causing so much distance loss.

If you are getting less distance but more ball speed, the difference is spin and launch.
I have a feeling with solid contact most will see pretty deep balls with it based on what I have seen so far.

I think that this could have a home in my bag at 20* to be a blend between 5 wood and Utility iron.....

I think that this could have a home in my bag at 20* to be a blend between 5 wood and Utility iron.....

Is there a distance gap between them for you?

Not a gap between them. Replacement for both to get another wedge back in the bag.

Not a gap between them. Replacement for both to get another wedge back in the bag.

Ahhh gotcha. That makes perfect sense. I’m right with you. Thinking I could go Driver, Driver, this club, right into 4 or 5

If you are getting less distance but more ball speed, the difference is spin and launch.
I have a feeling with solid contact most will see pretty deep balls with it based on what I have seen so far.

that was my thought too. spin was too low and i’m a low launch guy.

What loft did you hit? I am waiting for my 17 to show up. I know that it is a hefty price, but I would expect to pay 3 hundo for a fairway so it’s a push. Justification is easy if you’re out of your mind o_O!

I hit the 17. It is a rocket launcher.

Attachments

• E3E3E587-411D-45DC-8BA7-F7B183414E4B.jpeg
    E3E3E587-411D-45DC-8BA7-F7B183414E4B.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 43
The specs on it look interesting but $320? Yikes.

Ironically I carried the "original" super hybrid from Adams (the titanium version) off and on for several seasons. It was pretty much like a driving iron in my bag - for stinger-type tee shots and I did hit it from the deck in dry conditions where roll would be rewarded. It eventually was retired (and I think is still in the basement) because for me it was a bit of a one trick pony.

So yesterday I was able to hit the new Callaway in a Trackman 4 set up. It was like deja vu all over again. I hit the 17* degree about the same distance as my Ping G400 5 wood in carry but the projected roll was 20 yards more. The launch was just too low for me, even off a low tee. One of the fitters said so far the only good fitting matches have been in high swingspeed players (I am at 100 mph with the driver). I thought the sound/feel was a bit clanky but that was indoors with a wall very close to me.

This club is wreaking havoc on my bag, which is always fun. Right now I go Driver, Driver, 5 wood to 4 hybrid.
This club is possibly having me go Driver, Driver, this club to 4 hybrid. It could also possibly have me taking the 2nd driver out of the bag and just going Driver, this club, 4 hybrid and allow for another wedge or something else in the mix.

Fun problem to have.

This club is wreaking havoc on my bag, which is always fun. Right now I go Driver, Driver, 5 wood to 4 hybrid.
This club is possibly having me go Driver, Driver, this club to 4 hybrid. It could also possibly have me taking the 2nd driver out of the bag and just going Driver, this club, 4 hybrid and allow for another wedge or something else in the mix.

Fun problem to have.
I am in big ponder mode on this one. So, JB, are you seeing it useful as a controlled distance option off the tee and also as a soft landing club into greens? I currently go 3-wood to 3-hybrid and wonder if this could replace both of those? Is that kind of what you are seeing people do with this? If so, then a $320 price doesn't seem so high, IMO. Looks like a fun and versatile club.

I am in big ponder mode on this one. So, JB, are you seeing it useful as a controlled distance option off the tee and also as a soft landing club into greens? I currently go 3-wood to 3-hybrid and wonder if this could replace both of those? Is that kind of what you are seeing people do with this? If so, then a $320 price doesn't seem so high, IMO. Looks like a fun and versatile club.

Honestly I haven’t played a round with it yet. That will happen later this week and for 3 rounds.
Just range time, twice and hitting a few shots at the range with @Canadan last weekend.

With that said, I think the answer for me is yes. Definitely no issue off the tee and I had no issue hitting it off the turf either. I like the shaft pairing a lot, but it is a bit low for me, so it might get swapped out for a UST Mamiya LINQ Purple.

Honestly I haven’t played a round with it yet. That will happen later this week and for 3 rounds.
Just range time, twice and hitting a few shots at the range with @Canadan last weekend.

With that said, I think the answer for me is yes. Definitely no issue off the tee and I had no issue hitting it off the turf either. I like the shaft pairing a lot, but it is a bit low for me, so it might get swapped out for a UST Mamiya LINQ Purple.
Sounds like the perfect tweener if it can tempt you away from a 2 driver setup!

Back