Callaway Super Hybrid

Sounds like the perfect tweener if it can tempt you away from a 2 driver setup!

Haha. It really is a great tweener. Years ago Cleveland made a Mashie FW Wood that featured rails and was very very compact, but still deep. I loved that thing. This very much fits that bill of the same ease of use with similar distance.

I played first round with this yesterday. It has 3w distance off the tee. It feels great too.

Haha. It really is a great tweener. Years ago Cleveland made a Mashie FW Wood that featured rails and was very very compact, but still deep. I loved that thing. This very much fits that bill of the same ease of use with similar distance.
I would have loved that Cleveland, too! My favorite club of all time was the Callaway Big Bertha 2 fairway wood. Very deep face and kind of like a second driver. I have been looking for a modern replacement since I got back into playing.

I would have loved that Cleveland, too! My favorite club of all time was the Callaway Big Bertha 2 fairway wood. Very deep face and kind of like a second driver. I have been looking for a modern replacement since I got back into playing.

While this is more faced like a hybrid, it just wreaks of confidence building. Maybe @Ryan_BudgetGolf has a deal for you

I love hearing this feedback from the THPers. I am going to run into the same issue at the top of the bag. I may have to remove the 3 hybrid and put in something else. We will see. Great problem to have. Can’t wait to get this club in hand, even though I am semi laid up at the moment.

Still unsure of this one. Would love to put it against the Epic Flash hybrid I recently reviewed though.

The super is really really good. I would of the hybrids I have recently tried this is one has the least left bias in it.

I look at it as more of a 5 wood replacement than a hybrid in the traditional sense.

I love hearing this feedback from the THPers. I am going to run into the same issue at the top of the bag. I may have to remove the 3 hybrid and put in something else. We will see. Great problem to have. Can’t wait to get this club in hand, even though I am semi laid up at the moment.
I adjusted my Ping hybrids to 19 & 23 so my gaps should be perfect once i get the Super on board.

I gave this a quick go right as the store was closing. Only got a few swings in but the 20deg I tried was set pretty open. Fit and finish were nice. I do want to test it outside to see if I can get past the open look or adjust it more closed.

I adjusted my Ping hybrids to 19 & 23 so my gaps should be perfect once i get the Super on board.

Which loft did you go with, the 17*?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which loft did you go with, the 17*?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. I will knock that down to 16 and see what happens.

That should fit that spot nicely then. Typical 3 wood is 15* with a 42 inch shaft. With that sitting at 16* and a 41.5 inch shaft should work nicely.

That should fit that spot nicely then. Typical 3 wood is 15* with a 42 inch shaft. With that sitting at 16* and a 41.5 inch shaft should work nicely.

You would very much enjoy this one.

You would very much enjoy this one.

I hope to hit one at some point just to see how it does. My club should have some demos soon.

I am futile with a 3 wood off of the deck so it was a one dimensional club. I think this club will give me a lot of options from the tee and the deck. I love the idea, we will see if I can make it happen.

I am futile with a 3 wood off of the deck so it was a one dimensional club. I think this club will give me a lot of options from the tee and the deck. I love the idea, we will see if I can make it happen.

Oh yeah, sounds like it’s going to be a nice for where your gapping is at. I can’t wait to hear about your results.

I hope to hit one at some point just to see how it does. My club should have some demos soon.

I have a feeling this off the tee for you will be a really good reliable weapon.

I’ve been avoiding hitting this one from the moment it was announced as my wallet was shrieking after its recent abuse, but it looks like I might get a chance tomorrow.

Still waiting for mine. Anyone get any more time with this beast?

Still waiting for mine. Anyone get any more time with this beast?

None for me until this weekend, but looking forward to getting it on the course.

Back