Callaway Super Hybrid

those of you who have this already, do you find it lower launching?? or is it pretty standard mid-high like most hybrids are designed to do??

i think it’s very dependent on who you are as a player. if you have speed, and a little bit of a negative aoa, this will be fine. but if someone is a sweeper without as much speed, i don’t know that this is the best option for them.

It's pretty low launching. A number of the more recent hybrids can be due to their low spin nature.

obviously it'll be dependent on shaft, strike, etc.... but for me do you think this could be the best option as a utility replacement?? im still looking for lower launch. Its been 3 years since ive played a hybrid. Distance is always good, I just launch them too high which is useless for me in the weather most of the year

obviously it'll be dependent on shaft, strike, etc.... but for me do you think this could be the best option as a utility replacement?? im still looking for lower launch. Its been 3 years since ive played a hybrid. Distance is always good, I just launch them too high which is useless for me in the weather most of the year

Best option? Not sure. I can tell you it is going to go DEEP! Personally with your speed, I wouldn't carry this and your mini driver of FW wood, you would hit this thing really far. Another option is cutting the shaft down by half an inch, and really dialing in the distance. Its very good, quite forgiving and certainly not going to head left on you.

Best option? Not sure. I can tell you it is going to go DEEP! Personally with your speed, I wouldn't carry this and your mini driver of FW wood, you would hit this thing really far. Another option is cutting the shaft down by half an inch, and really dialing in the distance. Its very good, quite forgiving and certainly not going to head left on you.

since im looking to replace an 18* I was thinking of getting this in the 20* expecting high ball speeds and distance... And yea Id probably order 1/2in short also. My 4i carries 225 and 3w carries 260 so theres a huge gap in between.

Hit both the super hybrid and epic flash hybrid yesterday..... Trackman always gives me funny results. The super hybrid head in plastic wrap and taped so I could hit it was giving me spin over 6000 which didnt make sense to me. At PGA store I was typically between 3800 - 4000 with the 20 degree.
Golf galaxy has trackman now and I never know what to believe. I lean towards GCquad b/c the numbers there match what I usually see on course. The super hybrid was giving me 152mph but carrying 215 yards. The Epic Flash was almost identical speed wise but spin was in the low 4000's

Ended up ordering the Epic Flash w/ Tensei Pro Orange since its not an upcharge shaft. Yesterday was the first day I hit the Epic flash. Both are great clubs but the smaller head still looked better to me .... super hybrid was backordered anyways

@Tenputt - I went and got fit for my Super Hybrid shaft tonight. If you still want the Graphite Design, let me know. I will also send a PM.

Messaged you. And, yes, I want it.

Super Hybrid in bag today. Will report back later. 17*

Super Hybrid in bag today. Will report back later. 17*

nice! are you a high ball hitter? generate a decent amount of spin? with the right aoa and launch characteristics that club will be a freaking missile launcher.

nice! are you a high ball hitter? generate a decent amount of spin? with the right aoa and launch characteristics that club will be a freaking missile launcher.

It is still launching a little low for me, but even with the injured hand I was getting good speed out of it yesterday.

I lofted down originally for a gap, but I’m getting good distance so will most likely end up back at 17 or up a little.

No issues getting it up

Off the deck was not a good effort. Off the tee was $$$

We have had a respite from the snow and a couple of local courses opened. I got out for 9 holes today and saw some things I really liked about this hybrid. I am not seeing any issue with launch. I can lean on it really hard and I see a straight ball flight or a small draw. That is comforting. The distance is extremely impressive. Today’s round was played in 41 degree weather. To see this kind of distance off the tee has me pretty excited.9DA3763D-DBB0-4EC0-A277-73B628AA4812.jpeg

I am very much looking forward to what that will be with the other shaft. ????

I forgot to ask you. What shaft is going in yours?

Got to hit at the range today, still really love this club! Glad I got mine early before they went on backorder.

Got a $250 Callaway gift card burning a hole in my pocket. Going to talk with my Callaway guy when he gets in and see if a 20 deg is available and put a different shaft than stock in it, not altogether sure which one but leaning to the Catalyst Hy or a Fuji Atmos blue. It's tough when nobody has anything but the stock shaft to try.

All depends on the delivery time, if the 20 deg is back ordered till March also then something different would have to happen like a Flash 9 wood or EPIC forged 4 iron.

Got a $250 Callaway gift card burning a hole in my pocket. Going to talk with my Callaway guy when he gets in and see if a 20 deg is available and put a different shaft than stock in it, not altogether sure which one but leaning to the Catalyst Hy or a Fuji Atmos blue. It's tough when nobody has anything but the stock shaft to try.

All depends on the delivery time, if the 20 deg is back ordered till March also then something different would have to happen like a Flash 9 wood or EPIC forged 4 iron.
I didn't realize the back orders were so severe. That'll put a damper on my ponder for sure.

I didn't realize the back orders were so severe. That'll put a damper on my ponder for sure.
Just what I have read, not sure if it is true for all lofts. We will see, it is most likely a bad purchase as I never get along with hybrids for more than a few weeks, but maybe this one being a bit larger and more FW like with be the unicorn.

Talked with Callaway and the 23 deg is not back ordered, so got one coming with the Evenflow black 85 / 6.5. Should be a fun experiment and hope to fill the 5 iron to 7 wood gap.

Could someone please confirm if the Super hybrid adapter is the same as the 2019 big bertha? already have a second shaft in the wings (GD AD BB 8x) and want to have it ready to test against the PX.

Had a 17* on order through the Callaway website which showed in stock. Had paid to have it sent out next day air. Didn’t see any movement on it so called Callaway and the website was wrong. Said the heads should be in mid-January. Have read about them not being available until March also and I didn’t want to take a chance and wait that long so I canceled my order. Sucks, but that’s $350 back in my pocket.

according to the CS guy I spoke to the higher lofts are available, but I will be watching and if it does not move in 7-10 days I will call him back.

I’ll give one a go on the monitor when I get a chance. If it works out I’ll wait till used ones are available. $300+ is over the top for myself

I was pretty bummed the other day when I stopped at our local Austads to hit one of these and they didn't have any available. Hopefully soon they'll be available because I really want to see if it could be a 5 wood/hybrid spot replacement.

I was pretty bummed the other day when I stopped at our local Austads to hit one of these and they didn't have any available. Hopefully soon they'll be available because I really want to see if it could be a 5 wood/hybrid spot replacement.

i love that people are still excited about this. a $320 hybrid would seem to be a nonstarter for most. but the results are pretty great, so i’m glad people are seeking them out for testing.

Back