Callaway Super Hybrid

Had been eying the 17 for a while to replace 2 clubs actually: my 3w and 18hy. For some reason I can not hit any kind of wood of the deck. From the tee it is OK but not great either. I don’t get the results where on the other hand I love hybrids.

Yesterday I picked up a 17 head only from the bay. And today I picked up a g410 4 hybrid. With my set up becoming Driver, 17 SH and 22 g410, 5i. Opening up a spot for an extra wedge.

Have not had a chance to hit the 17 but was able to hit the 20 in stiff and regular at the local PGATSS. That was already providing distances which I would love to see from the 17, so high hopes even though that shaft is not quite for me.

On the fence still on what shaft to put in. Driver SS 95-98, smooth transition. In my irons I play steelfiber i95R and love those. So thinking about going with steelfibers again. Maybe the i70R. Only concern would be that with the heavier head weight I might be launching it too high. Any input would be nice here. Thanks!

Only got to use the 23* twice today and it is still holding strong, into a pretty stiff wind and 48* this morning a crap drive left me 212, I figured what the heck and gave it a good hard strike and got on the front fringe. That is a 3 wood normally anymore, 17 deg has been ordered...but with a stiff shaft Evenflow Black to change things up a bit.

I have recently done some extensive testing on TrackMan. I have hit so many balls, that I need to give it a rest for a week or so. I have confirmed that the numbers on the Super Hybrid are almost identical to the numbers I see from my Cobra F9 Tour 4/5 wood. Both the Super Hybrid and the Cobra 4/5 are set at 17 degrees. The result is pretty impressive, given that the shaft on the 4/5 wood is one inch longer. The Super Hybrid launched higher and spun more, so it averaged out at about 5 yards shorter, but the two clubs are virtually interchangeable.

I have recently done some extensive testing on TrackMan. I have hit so many balls, that I need to give it a rest for a week or so. I have confirmed that the numbers on the Super Hybrid are almost identical to the numbers I see from my Cobra F9 Tour 4/5 wood. Both the Super Hybrid and the Cobra 4/5 are set at 17 degrees. The result is pretty impressive, given that the shaft on the 4/5 wood is one inch longer. The Super Hybrid launched higher and spun more, so it averaged out at about 5 yards shorter, but the two clubs are virtually interchangeable.
Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?

The ball flight on the Super Hybrid is higher and it will land softer. It also is straight or a bit of fade, as advertised. The ball flight on the fwy was consistently a draw, so I am torn. It may depend on the course I am playing and whether I need the ball to stop or have a little more rollout.

The ball flight on the Super Hybrid is higher and it will land softer. It also is straight or a bit of fade, as advertised. The ball flight on the fwy was consistently a draw, so I am torn. It may depend on the course I am playing and whether I need the ball to stop or have a little more rollout.
How does it play from rough? Does the flatter sole make it harder to dig a ball out?

even tho I bought an epic flash hybrid I decided to ditch my 3w and grabbed the super hybrid in 17*..... I was getting clubs regripped and had down time. There was 1 super hybrid in an x flex and happened to be 17* so I thought it was meant to be lol

Ive hit it before but after yesterday on the simulator I just loved this club! Very penetrating flight. I can definitely see this as a tee club but also very useful for approaches when needed.

Its crazy I now have this at 17*, UDI at 17*, and Epic Flash at 18*. Each club has different flights and uses. I can only keep 2 in the bag. Im leaning towards super hybrid at 17* b/c the ball speed is insane and the Epic Flash at 20*

even tho I bought an epic flash hybrid I decided to ditch my 3w and grabbed the super hybrid in 17*..... I was getting clubs regripped and had down time. There was 1 super hybrid in an x flex and happened to be 17* so I thought it was meant to be lol

Ive hit it before but after yesterday on the simulator I just loved this club! Very penetrating flight. I can definitely see this as a tee club but also very useful for approaches when needed.

Its crazy I now have this at 17*, UDI at 17*, and Epic Flash at 18*. Each club has different flights and uses. I can only keep 2 in the bag. Im leaning towards super hybrid at 17* b/c the ball speed is insane and the Epic Flash at 20*

My most likely lineup is going to be 3 wood, Super Hybrid at 17 degrees, Epic Flash Hybrid at 20 degrees.

How does it play from rough? Does the flatter sole make it harder to dig a ball out?

I only have a couple of rounds with it and have not hit it out of the rough yet. I am not thinking mine will be the best, at 17 degrees, but I will certainly report on it, although I don’t see much real golf in my future for the next couple of months.

What were you seeing for spin numbers for this one? The shop only had the 23* in an X-flex and I was seeing about 3850 in spin with that one. Very acceptable and the ball speeds were really nice.

What were you seeing for spin numbers for this one? The shop only had the 23* in an X-flex and I was seeing about 3850 in spin with that one. Very acceptable and the ball speeds were really nice.

The 17* was giving me avg 3200... toe strike draws were under 2500. My main use for this club is not for approaches in to greens. The courses I play I’ll never have 260+ on a par 5 to go for it. But if I’m driving bad or want more distance vs my driving iron, this club is perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 17* was giving me avg 3200... toe strike draws were under 2500. My main use for this club is not for approaches in to greens. The courses I play I’ll never have 260+ on a par 5 to go for it. But if I’m driving bad or want more distance vs my driving iron, this club is perfect.

3200 seems about right, but I agree the 17* would be an ideal weapon from the tee.

3200 seems about right, but I agree the 17* would be an ideal weapon from the tee.
Yea I cant wait to get it on course. Im playing Torrey Pines friday and Saturday so it will be first course action for my entire bag which is new other than M5 driver

The 17* was giving me 12* launch and 150 ball speeds, my UDI at 17* also is between 143 - 147 but launches at 8* with sub 3000 spin so both have totally different flights. The hybrid is still penetrating and doesnt balloon like im used to seeing out of a hybrid

Yea I cant wait to get it on course. Im playing Torrey Pines friday and Saturday so it will be first course action for my entire bag which is new other than M5 driver

The 17* was giving me 12* launch and 150 ball speeds, my UDI at 17* also is between 143 - 147 but launches at 8* with sub 3000 spin so both have totally different flights. The hybrid is still penetrating and doesnt balloon like im used to seeing out of a hybrid
Enjoy Torrey! I'm wicked jealous :)

Some quick numbers for today. Left in the bad strikes but gapping is almost ideal depending on what I keep in the bag.

Super hybrid got as high as 154 ball speed. This club is so damn good...@JB mentioned this could be a 3w replacement and he was right!

209d6b2860739a96b480db8ada23f77a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was playing The Old Course last night on the simulator. There were many holes that did not call for driver. This was just money off the tee, with ball speeds as high has 140, which is a huge number for me with a club like this.

Oh yeah, thanks mailman

Attachments

• 15785088998654135346683527296490.jpg
    15785088998654135346683527296490.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 22
The shaft is out for delivery also, might get to try it Sat. but definitely Sunday. Great deal from Proclubs $179, the GD AD DI H85 S shaft should be delivered today.

i'm looking at this or the TE hybrid to replace my fmax...and possibly a couple of others when I don't want to carry a full bag

The shaft is out for delivery also, might get to try it Sat. but definitely Sunday. Great deal from Proclubs $179, the GD AD DI H85 S shaft should be delivered today.

Was this all new? 179 for the shaft and head?

$179 brand new head in the plastic from proclubs and a used but complete shaft out of a Flash hybrid $80 off another forum.

Well both Graphite Design shafts have the old style adapter on them (even though that question was asked) so not going to get to goof around with the 17 deg this weekend. New adapters on the way, so next week some fun will be had.

Come to think of it I will just put the evenflow black in the 17 deg and even though it will be shorter than stock can see how it flys.I

Adapter came faster than expected, got the new shaft tipped and gripped, 1/2" tipping needed to make the new adapter work. The 17* will get a test drive in the am on a very tight Course.

I have this thing dialed in now. I moved it to 16 degrees, draw setting. I now am consistently hitting a baby draw and just pulverizing it, at least for me. I have some TrackMan numbers that should be emailed to me tomorrow that I will post. This definitely is the club that will be in my bag in that 5 wood spot next year. It’s a game changer.

Back