Callaway Thermal Mittens

Vegan702

Reaction score
Handicap
Exploding
I played yesterday in the cold and wind and when paying for green fees I came across these gloves. They are thick like previous versions, however they come with 2 reusable gel warmers that slip into a zippered pocket on the back of the glove. They were $40 at the pro shop, so might be able to find them a little cheaper elsewhere. I looked around online and the only place I found that sold them was in UK. They even show extra gel packets for sale, which would be great as they only last about an hour, but the gloves are still warm without the gel packets.

http://www.clickgolf.co.uk/shop/acc...es/callaway-mens-thermal-mittens-1119683.html

I played yesterday in the cold and wind and when paying for green fees I came across these gloves. They are thick like previous versions, however they come with 2 reusable gel warmers that slip into a zippered pocket on the back of the glove. They were $40 at the pro shop, so might be able to find them a little cheaper elsewhere. I looked around online and the only place I found that sold them was in UK. They even show extra gel packets for sale, which would be great as they only last about an hour, but the gloves are still warm without the gel packets.

http://www.clickgolf.co.uk/shop/acc...es/callaway-mens-thermal-mittens-1119683.html

I have a pair of Nike mittens I use for shoveling. Don't really need them for golf since if it's cold enough to need them, I won't be playing!

On a side note, cold in Las vegas is warm everywhere else! haha

Yea who needs cold weather gloves in Vegas?! lol

Every time I see mittens like these in the stores, I balk at the price and end up not buying them. Then the very next cold round I play, I wish I had spent the money on them. I think they are perfect for keeping in the cart (I'm always coldest riding in the cart) in between shots.

I do thank Vegan for making this post because I just came back from the garage. Went on a mad search for my mittens! Found this and three other nice winter gloves. The mittens are the best though.

Cold here is low 30s, sometimes 20s, but it can be 50 with 30mph winds and feel 40. A couple weeks ago all the ponds on the golf courses were frozen over for about a week, we had overnight lows in the 20s for 4 or 5 days straight. So it's not cold like midwest or east coast cold, but cold for Vegas. :) We have had snow for a day in Vegas in the valley for about 6 years straight now. And don't forget Mt. Charleston is only 20ish miles away and is an operating ski and snowboard resort.

My wife just bought me a pair of these for my birthday. I already had a set of the Titleist mits at home. These seem to fit better and I can't wait to get them on the course. With the crazy weather we are having t*t might be sooner rather than latter.

I used my Nike mittens today out shoveling. So much better than gloves.

Been trying to find some Callaway cart gloves. Would be nice for those cool fall days and to wear shoveling the snow in the winter.

Been trying to find some Callaway cart gloves. Would be nice for those cool fall days and to wear shoveling the snow in the winter.
They're avail on the Callaway website....

Are you supposed to play in these or just use them between shots to keep your hands warm? I've always wondered about that when I've seen these. Seems like it would be tough to play in them, and I would think that just keeping a couple hand warmers in your jacket pocket would work well enough to keep your hand warm if it were cold out.

I would use them for in between shots. Not sure how well they would work for swinging the club.

No way you could swing a club with them on and make any consistent contact. They are made for between shots IMO. I did read further on hand warmers as these only last about an hour or more and it appears those disposable ones would work better. They last up to 10 hours and are relatively cheap, .50-$1 for a pair when bought in bulk. I don't golf a ton in cold weather, so one box would probably last a couple years for me. I did notice even after the gel pack stopped putting out heat, the gloves themselves still did a great job keeping your hands warm.

I have a pair of these and they work really well for me. Golf is hard enough for me and I need my bear hands on the grip and these easily slide up and away for each shot.

Ive got a pair of the Titleist cart mittens. They are great.

I got Lee a pair of these. The rechargeable heat packs are pretty cool really

A good pair of mittens is necessary for late fall golf up this way, add a hand warmer and you are in business. I also have the Clicgear mitts for my push cart that are ideal because you just slide your hands out and take the shot and put them back in to push the cart.

Back