Callaway Tour Grind MD2 Wedge Review

I almost bought a MD tour t-grind today, but I told myself no. Wait till my pitching is spot on, and pick one up next year. We'll see where I stand in 2015.

I thought my new 54* T grind would be lonely so i decied to order a 60* T grind but this one i got a DG Onyx shaft to put in it so it will be black Lamkin wedge grip and black shaft with a chrome head

I thought my new 54* T grind would be lonely so i decied to order a 60* T grind but this one i got a DG Onyx shaft to put in it so it will be black Lamkin wedge grip and black shaft with a chrome head

Should look pretty sick Brian!

Should look pretty sick Brian!
Hopefully the only think i an concered about is now i will have a 7* gap between my PW and 54* it should not make that big diffrence but i guess i can always bend the 54* to a 53* if i notice to big of a gap or i will have to just hit more 3/4 PW

I am out of Ponder mode. I am pulling the trigger after the MC

Put both my MD2 T grinds in play yesterday at Pasatiempo and was very impressed i was able to get out of both green side bunkers easily and the head shape and leading edge fit my eye so much better than the other MD2's they are staying for sure

Just placed an order for a 60 degree lob.

Sooooooooooo I shouldn't, and it won't come to fruition anytime soon bc of finances, but I think about the 58 in these going toe to toe with my TT's a lot.

Just placed my order for a 54*. Had to change the grip though. The yellow grip was a bit bright for me...

Just placed my order for a 54*. Had to change the grip though. The yellow grip was a bit bright for me...
I changed mine as well but it stands out i guess it makes you less likly to forget it on the green

Very nice. Now give those regular MD2's the boot.

Looking pretty good there jlukes

Very nice. Now give those regular MD2's the boot.

One of them will get the boot (along with my Apex Pro AW), just trying to figure out which setup to go with (see: Wedge Setup and Why thread)

Looking good jlukes!

I think the 56 chrome will be going with me to the course tomorrow. I adore my TT wedges, but I think about these a LOT since the review.

I think the 56 chrome will be going with me to the course tomorrow. I adore my TT wedges, but I think about these a LOT since the review.

I can't wait to get back out on the course with these. Was really seeing some improvement in execution of shots around the green before the wrist issue, but I have a feeling it'll be like riding a bike. The slate finish is rusting perfectly except for the bottom 4 grooves, that's where I make contact and the finish is worn almost to a silverish color. Love seeing that combo!

I can't wait to get back out on the course with these. Was really seeing some improvement in execution of shots around the green before the wrist issue, but I have a feeling it'll be like riding a bike. The slate finish is rusting perfectly except for the bottom 4 grooves, that's where I make contact and the finish is worn almost to a silverish color. Love seeing that combo!

I still say THIS is what the MD2's should have been from the start shape and leading edge wise.

I still say THIS is what the MD2's should have been from the start shape and leading edge wise.

I don't disagree with you bud. Putting it side by side with my other MD2, I'll take the T grind all day, every day. It's great for what I like in a wedge and how I use a 56*. Thanks again brother! I still owe ya a couple!

Agreed they took a good design made it great

For those of you changing the grips, if you save them rather than cutting them I'd happily give them a home...?

I'll definitely be giving these a run the next time I find a cally site discount code. Too bad they won't go 4* flat on them.

I just got mine last week and so far these are great. Best wedges since the original X Forged. the straight leading edge and slightly higher, rounded toe just fit my eye perfectly. Swapping out the 56/60 for a 54/58 this year. I played the 54/58 combo for a long time and decided to switch it up at the end of last year, but the 60 and I just have never gotten along. Don't understand it, but that 2* in the 58 makes a huge difference for me.

20140730_172123_zps86f39a0e.jpg

Back